Walmart Submarine = Cool ! Part II

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2010, 09:48 AM
Wheelnut
My Feedback: (81)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Walmart Submarine = Cool ! Part II

Yep, must be spring

RCStoremore, The first and only one I owned was the Shark. I was so disappointed I sold it. I find it disturbing that there isn't a better but still affordable RC Sub on the market.
I'm currently mezmorized by the new little surface boats that will dive.
Here is one model
http://www.bananahobby.com/1881.html

Also here is a USS Sea Wolf
http://www.bananahobby.com/1998.html

Here is something very funny. It's a $1200 sub and the video doesn't even show it dive one time[X(][:-][>:][:'(] how stupid is that?
http://cgi.ebay.com/RTR-RC-RADIO-CON...item3efeefb964

Cameraz, very nice vid. Awesome! Chasing the ducks hehe. If I were you I would probably paint it yellow in the event of a problem.
Old 04-18-2010, 09:54 AM
rcstorenmore

Interesting you should mention the dive boats... i'm getting one of those in stock on Tuesday or Wednesday. I can test it and put a product review up on Youtube if you'd like. I'm in Guanghzou, China so all around me are the main manufacturing centers for the bulk of the RC toys that you buy out of Hong Kong. Shenzhen to my east, Foshan to my west, I can get a hold of most anything RC. I still need to work on finding a good testing facility though. I'd be happy to provide links to my store and such, but my reading of the forum rules makes me feel a bit cautious about doing so.... So if you are interested, just send me a PM.
Old 04-18-2010, 11:55 AM
Wheelnut

Cool. PM sent.
My wife is from Beijing. Last summer I visited Beijing, Shiyan and Guilin. Had lots of fun and saw lots of interesting things. I love China
Old 04-27-2010, 10:50 PM
timothyjmcneeley

I have this PDF file on modding the sub that I got from this forum, could somebody make it a little more lamens terms. There are parts that are slightly confusing.
Old 04-27-2010, 11:02 PM
Wheelnut

Where is the file?
Old 04-28-2010, 03:54 PM
skitt

I just got my sub out in the lake this past weekend......runs very well. I did the mod on mine last year and it runs sooo much better.

Still got to work on the leaning part. The prop really pushes it hard and it leans to the right when engaged. But man does it move!

Skitt
Old 04-28-2010, 04:12 PM
Captain Nemo12

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Wheelnut

Where is the file?
Hi,

The file can be found here:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_52...tm.htm#5385576

Enjoy!
Old 04-29-2010, 09:23 AM
timothyjmcneeley

Any idea on how to make the battery compartment water proof, but still accessable?I took my seawolf for a test run in my swimming pool, and water got into the batteries. I manage to clean it all out and let it air dry and now there is what appears to be rust inside the compartment. It is minute on the metal contacts but it is there. Also, one of the parts I don't unstand on the PDFfile is the mod with the red and green wires inside the battery compartment. Could somebody clear that up for me?
Old 04-29-2010, 11:37 AM
Captain Nemo12

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

From what I remember, there is a strip of metal running along the length of the battery compartment, at the end of which is soldered a wire (Red in the .pdf file, you can see it in the second pic). You need to desolder this wire from the strip and resolder it with the other wire (Green in the document). Even though the wire colours on the Seawolf are violet and orange (not sure), they should still be soldered at the same places as the red and green wires on the older Chicago model.
Old 04-29-2010, 12:11 PM
skitt

I have used a little vaseline on the rubber seal for the Batt compartment.....so far it has kept the water out.

Short of that....maybe another clear silcone rubber seal. I have considered doing that for deeper diving. Try using clear GE silicone seal to make a gasket. But keep vaseline on the battery cover to avoid it sticky to it. You want it to stick to the compartment area.

Skitt
Old 04-29-2010, 01:17 PM
skitt

Here's my modded sub....

Skitt
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ro42097.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	1427823   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lg16788.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	1427824  
Old 07-26-2010, 08:52 PM
rcstorenmore

Hello everyone,
I don't mean to keep necroing this thread, but I again felt this was the mostappropriateplace to post. I am in contact with the factory that makes the Walmart subs right now and I am trying to convince them to start making the USS Gator and the USS Shark again. Thing is, I need to show them there is demand for it. My question to all of you is would you want to buy one if it was available, and how much would you be willing to pay? When this factory makes these subs, they produce them in lots of thousands so I need to show them pretty compelling information.
Old 07-26-2010, 09:59 PM
thomasjohnmurphy

I'd get another one.
Old 07-27-2010, 01:37 PM
skitt

Aern't they currently out there for sale , through places like Banana Hobby, etc...?
Old 07-27-2010, 02:32 PM
Justaddwata
My Feedback: (3)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

ORIGINAL: rcstorenmore

Hello everyone,
I don't mean to keep necroing this thread, but I again felt this was the most appropriate place to post. I am in contact with the factory that makes the Walmart subs right now and I am trying to convince them to start making the USS Gator and the USS Shark again. Thing is, I need to show them there is demand for it. My question to all of you is would you want to buy one if it was available, and how much would you be willing to pay? When this factory makes these subs, they produce them in lots of thousands so I need to show them pretty compelling information.
Soliciting for orders is crossing that line a little. Lets keep this thread about the submarine and not how you can supply them
Old 07-27-2010, 04:18 PM
Wheelnut

I didn't like how short the range was. On mine anyway. I only got 10' away and it started glitching. It would be very nice if it came with a stronger radio.
I would rather spend a littler more for a better sub that I didn't have to work on so much. I sold mine locally on craigslist.
Old 07-27-2010, 07:32 PM
rcstorenmore

I apologize, i'm not trying tosolicitorders. I'm trying to find out if it would be worth my time and effort to make these subs available again for everyone. I am a seller, yes, but I would imagine that if this factory ever decided to make the shark and gator again that they would offer it up to sale for anyone who was willing to buy.

Speaking of range... for the subs that are made, many of the sellers have complained to the agent of the factory, and the agent has passed those complaints onto the factory. After the factory finishes selling of its current lots of subs, the next lots produced with address the range issue. When the next production run will start, I have no idea. Again, I apologize if I ruffled any feathers. I just want to bring this toy back to the community if there is a desire for it.