Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Question to the members, thoughts?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Question to the members, thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2010, 09:07 PM
Tanque

Received 95 Likes on 82 Posts
Default Question to the members, thoughts?

I recently purchased an item from a seller on the forbidden auction site. As it's been some while after they said they'd
deliver what I paid immediately for I questioned what was the cause of the delay. They are a US seller.

Here is a verbatim complete quote from their response:

"Sorry for the inconvenience. Due to the GREAT prices we offer, we do have delayed shipping times. How ever if you wanted to pay full retail for the item we would of shipped the item within 2 days. We do have all items in stock. Due to high volume of orders we have, shipping can take up to 10-15 days after payment clears. We do offer faster shipping if the customer request it. "

Now this "full price" option was never mentioned in their auction item besides which if I wanted to pay full price I'd
go down to my local retailer and pay them.

What are the thoughts here. I feel I should report these guys as this really sort of "p"s me off...

Jerry
Old 10-05-2010, 09:13 PM
Panther G

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Question to the members, thoughts?

OH Boy!
Old 10-05-2010, 09:34 PM
torpedochief

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep Sick the dogs on them!

Don
Old 10-05-2010, 09:45 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Negative feedback so they pay higher auction fees (if this is ebay you speak of, not sure why its forbidden last I checked its only forbidden to promote items your selling)
and leave a comment stating their shady practices, and report them to ebay themselves. Unless the shipping delay is mentioned in the auction itself.
IF they have the item in stock there is no reason to not ship it immediately.
I've had sellers try and pull similar BS I reported them to ebay to straighten it out
Old 10-05-2010, 10:18 PM
HondoBob

All pity choked with custom of fell deeds:
And Caesar's spirit, ranging for revenge,
With Ate by his side come hot from hell,
Shall in these confines with a monarch's voice
Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war;
That this foul deed shall smell above the earth
With carrion men, groaning for burial.

- Shakespeare's Julius Caeser (1601)

Or in other words: promptly inform the aution site's management and PayPalabout this vendor's unscrupulous practices. Get your money back Pronto! Never trust or do business with that knucklehead again.
Old 10-05-2010, 10:19 PM
Rex Ross

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I would report it.
Old 10-05-2010, 10:19 PM
Capt.Canuck

Very shady. [:'(]
Old 10-05-2010, 10:28 PM
yellowshaker
My Feedback: (1)

I would check the auction and see what it specifies for shipping times and then compare that to what he said in the email response. Something seems a bit fishy to me about this and I would surely take some action.
Old 10-05-2010, 10:33 PM
pattoncommander

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Turn it in...let that unmentionable site deal with them thru arbitration. Make sure you list how many times and when you contacted them. Forward response to the arbitrator. When it's all done, smack them with negative feedback.
Old 10-05-2010, 11:14 PM
sevoblast

Received 54 Likes on 40 Posts

Get your money back, nail 'em to a cross, and PM me as to who this is. No excuse for this, they need to be outed.
Old 10-05-2010, 11:33 PM
kclank

No question here Jerry. go after them, now!!!!
Old 10-05-2010, 11:35 PM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

IF you paid with Visa, merchant rules indicate that an Item must be shipped within 3 days of receiving payment. Plain and simple rule and one that I hold all merchants accountable to.
Old 10-05-2010, 11:37 PM
BIGMIG

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would do several things.

Start an arbitration for non shipment.
If you paid with a credit card-notify them (the credit card company )of what is going on and stop payment-that will get their attention as they have to pay a fee for that.
Then if they ship it to you-refuse to accept the package and let them return it to the sender.

Post their name here on the forum so no one else gets ripped off from the clown.

BIGMIG

P.S. Don't think you have to wait for paypall or Ebay to drag their feet,a credit card company will stop a payment at your request.I have done it with American Express after explaining the problem and they were happy to do it.They are one of the best cards to carry.
Old 10-05-2010, 11:39 PM
Tanque

Received 95 Likes on 82 Posts

I want to be clear, I don't feel that I'm not going to get what I paid for. It is the unwritten full price - faster shipping policy that irks me.
It just seems wrong to me.

One can either laud the seller for being candid or shake one's head at the sheer ballsy nature of them to admit something like this in writing.
I'd suspect they did so because they feel confident that eBucht will side with them.

This is an RC related item, not a tank but radio equipment. I use eBucht to get a better price for "luxury" items; I don't want to pay full
price, that's the point. If I paid full price for everything I'd be broke long ago...

Anyway I posted this to gauge whether or not my own reaction was off base or not; it seems not. I'll let you know what happens.

Jerry
Old 10-05-2010, 11:45 PM
Perry S.

Was it Ken Meyers?.........hehehe

Perry
Old 10-06-2010, 12:13 AM
sevoblast

Received 54 Likes on 40 Posts

The whole thing stinks. Unless the emailed shipping policy was specified in the auction advert, then it smells like fraud to me, the old 'bait and switch' deal. As stated, get the hammer and nails out. I'll send you plans for the cross, and have at them.
And name them so we know not to deal with them. It's possible with some negative publicity on this forum that they may react with alacrity and ship the goods as per the auction. Sounds like they are delaying to get past the auction sight resolutiong period, another old trick.
Old 10-06-2010, 12:41 AM
HAL_HUSKER

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks for this.
I propose to publish the blacklist of those sellers or resellers from e-bay or from any other resourses. 
Old 10-06-2010, 07:34 AM
bowlman

Received 85 Likes on 69 Posts

I think if you wait to long after the sale don't ebay/paypal only gives you 30 day's to turn in a complaint .
Some wait to ship out items after the time period you have to turn in a complaint so you cant get money back .
Its up to you if you think you are getting ripped off or not but let us know who they are so we can make a choice if we want to buy from them or not .

Thanks
Jimmy
Old 10-06-2010, 08:08 AM
heavyaslead

Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts

Hello Jerry

Sounds like a typical response to reading between the lines 'we don't really have it, but can get it if an order comes in' type of thing.

Everyone is trying to save money these days so its common for retailers (sepecially sole proprietor types) to not stock until an order or collection of orders for a bulk price comes in.

I recently ordered a product online from the largest retail store in the world and they later admitted that they took the order, took my money and even faked a ship order when they had no product to send. I later got my money refunded.
Old 10-06-2010, 10:55 AM
13BT

Due to the GREAT prices we offer, we do have delayed shipping times. How ever if you wanted to pay full retail for the item we would of shipped the item within 2 days. We do have all items in stock. Due to high volume of orders we have, shipping can take up to 10-15 days after payment clears. We do offer faster shipping if the customer request it. ''

Translation: Because we sell cheap, we make you wait. Unless you pay us more money. <uhh..what??

Sounds super dodgy. Probably doesnt have your item in stock after all. I'd report it.
Old 10-06-2010, 11:14 AM
xf62

I would report it as a possible scam and get the guy thrown off the internet sales forum you were buying from
Old 10-06-2010, 12:42 PM
JEC55

I went through something like this myself. I purchased an Axial AX10 kit from a hobby dealer ( on the forbiddden site) last December. His price was about $40 dollars less than anyone else, and he had six kits listed for sale. I received an Email stating " We checked our warehouse and we do not have any more kits in stock". I chased this guy around for six months trying to get either the kit or my money back. I finally filed a complaint against him for internet fraud and through the Attourney Generals office in his state, received my refund. Gotta be careful when doing business @ E@#%
Old 10-06-2010, 01:48 PM
karel47

yes open up a dispute if you payed with visa or master they have special forms to fill in complaints, i have won already a dispute so no merci fill it in or send it to ecops to
Old 10-06-2010, 03:40 PM
cheap tank

Dont wait to long with paypal or credit card you can complain/***** and get it fixed. I have bought and sold on the bad site just check the feed back first. I have hada couple of problems over the years and all but one was fixed in the end.
Old 10-06-2010, 03:56 PM
googlydoogly

Report them, and threaten to open a dispute through paypal. Can you tell us the name of this seller so we could keep an eye out for this person?