Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Canadian Firefly

Old 10-22-2010, 02:27 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Canadian Firefly

How much would be needed to change to make a Mato Sherman into a Canadian Firefly? It seems to be fairly close - I've come across both cast and welded upper hulls for them, but of course the main gun needs to be changed. How much more would be needed to be changed? Anyone have pics?

And does anyone have a walkaround of Cathy (it's a Canadian Firefly) found in the 12th Canadian Armoured Regiment museum in Trois Rivières, Quebec?
Old 10-25-2010, 11:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Canadian Firefly

Bad news it is not actually a firefly, but rather a standard M4A4 that has be faked into a firefly because it lacked a gun to returned to Canada

See the posts here http://www.mapleleafup.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2160
Old 10-25-2010, 03:39 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 65 Likes on 43 Posts
Default RE: Canadian Firefly

Need new hull, turret, and gun. Fireflys used 75mm Turret and M4 (early hatch), M4 Hybrid Hull, and M4A4 Lower hull variants. Later US Variants, (never fielded) had HVSS and M4A3 hulls. You could use the Mato hull to start a Hybrid hull, but you still need a 75mm Tamiya turret and the correct rotor shield and mantlet. This is all Rivet counter stuff but the parts are available.