Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Servo Elevation

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2010, 01:22 AM
Panther G

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Servo Elevation

Does any one know if you need to remove the PC board from a servo to use it for an elevation unit. I know you do if you want to use the for continuose rotation. But I'm not sure about just hooking it up in a Tamiya tank for elevation. I have the needed cables and camera pan and tilt module from Dionysus to slow and senter the servo.
Old 11-21-2010, 11:20 AM
kclank

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Servo Elevation

hook the cables directly to the receiver. i also use the Dionysus cables and have had great success with them. the dmd would only control a dumb motor
Old 11-21-2010, 12:34 PM
Panther G

So with what I have there is no need to modify the servo in any way? Good. I want to get a mini servo since the Pershing turret is actually very tight inside. that is one reason the Tamiya Pershingsrecoilunit is the smallest they make
Old 11-21-2010, 12:43 PM
shenlonco
My Feedback: (2)

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Hi Panther if using a normal radio and you are plugging the servo wire into a RX socket what you need to do is unscrew the servo and take to top of the casing off and you can grind off the 2 stops in the top of the servos case or on the main gear you screw a horn to you can grind off the one big raised stop off the gear... you can do it eiather way and what this does is when you turn the servo right and hold it it will keep rotating right and if you do the same left it will keep spinning left.
Old 11-21-2010, 12:57 PM
Panther G

yeah shen, i dont really need it to do that. the servo has more thnan enough rotation for the elevation set up I will use. the chip i have will hold the servo at the last position while the stick returns to center. Then it will move to which ever position i move the stick to and hold there until the next command. Plus it slows the sevo down incrementally so the gun isn't jumping up and down like a pogo stick. what you are saying is how to use a servo for a gear motor I believe.
Old 11-21-2010, 01:01 PM
shenlonco

Yep that's what i was thinking you where asking
Old 11-21-2010, 01:04 PM
Panther G

see I am beginning to know just what your talking about. I'm learning. It's great we have a very good tech like you in our club. We all are constantly learning things from you. Keep up the great work buddy. Also, I really like that 1:24 scale T-34/85 you have. Is that a Vs or FOV?
Old 11-21-2010, 01:09 PM
shenlonco

Thanks Greg.
That is the latest FOV tank it's pretty slick I always liked the T34 but in 1/16 scale it was not that good of a tank the one they have out so i never got one.
Old 11-21-2010, 01:17 PM
Panther G

The ones i am working on are turning out to be pretty good runners. They still need alot of work in the gear train department but with an El-mod or Tamiya setup they are quite good.
Old 11-21-2010, 01:19 PM
shenlonco

Yea i would not want to go that crazy with the 1/16 T-34 time your done probably will cost a bundle.
Old 11-21-2010, 01:24 PM
Panther G

So far the cost has been right in line with any other conversion. Less actually because you dont need to fuss with the suspension if you dont want to. It works quite well. I will have it at our next battle day, and will be taking it to Danville in April.
Old 11-21-2010, 01:38 PM
shenlonco

Cool i will be able to get to see it!! We should have another battle soon before it gets to cold and we all know how that day was on the battle rock the first battle!!