Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Yet another 1/16 building: tank factory!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Yet another 1/16 building: tank factory!

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2010, 02:56 PM
borealis

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Yet another 1/16 building: tank factory!

Today my latest building made its debut with our tank club ([link=http://rctankir.forumattivo.com/]RctankIR[/link]) at the Genova Porto Antico model fair.

It's a 1/16 tank factory (or workshop), with interactive light and sound soldering simulation when a tank is parked inside.

Our club battle rules include the chance to either repair a tank in mid-battle or to call for reinforcements when the two teams are not even in strenght when the battle starts. Furthermore, the gun emplacement commanders get wiped from battle for first, therefore they can 'jump' on a tank which was previously parked inside the factory after their gun is destroyed.

As a last addiction, the factory can be completely dismounted for transportation inside a 60x50x15 cm bag. Enough talk, get some pictures and a short video:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kppJqM7sDzU[/youtube]
Old 11-21-2010, 03:24 PM
shenlonco
My Feedback: (2)

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Default RE: Yet another 1/16 building: tank factory!

Very nice!
Thanks for sharing.
Old 11-21-2010, 04:20 PM
Flyn Chris

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's pretty cool.
Old 11-21-2010, 04:38 PM
Ex_Pat_Tanker

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts

Nice work! But how do you carry out 'repairs'? Cycle the power on the tank while its in there?

As an aside;
This reminds me of my miss-spent youth playing the PC games Mechwarrior and Mech Commander, with the concept of capturing field bases in order to repair mid mission.
Another idea that the Battlegroup42 mod came up with for the Battlefield1942 PC game, was the concept of using an APC as a repair truck - you just had to drive up to the damaged tank and it would get repaired - I'm sure if somebody could figure out a battle circuit 'reset' signal that would work with all systems we would see more interest in M3/Bren Gun Carriers and SdKfz251 / Steyr RSO's? (Yeah, I'm just throwing that one out there, with no real expectation of a solution...)

Cheer's,
Mart
Old 11-22-2010, 02:22 AM
borealis

Yes, tank repairs mid-battle should be carried on by cycling power. You know that the Tamiya battle units do recognize a particular 'repair' code, but the same code does not work on compatible systems such as the DBC. Therefore I abandoned the idea of using that.

A similar 'repair' concept applies by using a 'bergepanzer' or a 'repair sherman' on the battlefield.

Of course, such a factory can be used either by Axis or by Allies, while a bergepanzer is historically correct only inside its own army.

In our battle rules, however, it is also possible to use a repair tank: it must be possible to destroy it with 3 hits, and the repair procedure must require a fixed time (something about 10 or 20 seconds) during which both the repair tank and the damaged one must stand still.

A timer with a light and sound simulation of the repair procedure put inside the tank allows to get rid of a referee to certify a successful repair.
Old 11-22-2010, 03:22 AM
ksoc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

NICE. I like the idea of repairing the tanks.

We had a Tank Factory on the old battlefield. No effects, but it was a great place to hide and ambush others. If you didn't pay attention YOU could be on the receiving end of your own ambush - from behind!
Old 11-22-2010, 08:01 AM
borealis

Wow beautiful details and size of your tank factory!