Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Tamiya Jagdpanther just came in, but got a question!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Tamiya Jagdpanther just came in, but got a question!

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2010, 12:02 PM
Socioanthroman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tamiya Jagdpanther just came in, but got a question!

Hey guys, Happy Tanksgiving!

I got my jagdpanther in yesterday, and with fam. in town I had to find an excuse to open it and look at all the detail. I have some accesories ordered, but was wondering if there is a R/C Tank shop that has the upgraded torsion bars and sprokets for the Jagdpanther? Just wondering, because I just found the needle in the haystack but still can't find a hopefully North American supplier that has the torsion bars. I'm going crazy, I have the medal tracks so I was hoping to upgrade the bars and the sprokets, so the tracks wouldn't destory the tank.

Thanks!

Andy

Old 11-25-2010, 12:23 PM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
Default RE: Tamiya Jagdpanther just came in, but got a question!

You will find that the stock (metal) sprockets and torsion bars are more than enough to accommodate the metal tracks. That's what I'll be using on my Panther G

- Jeff
Old 11-25-2010, 01:57 PM
RodgerB

Impact has what you are looking for? Also stay tuned for a mod that you may want to do to the Hull? I will try to post it tomorrow?
r
Old 11-25-2010, 02:17 PM
pcomm1

Congratulations on your new Tamiya Jagdpanther and currently my favorite Tamiya rc model.

2 cent tip:

• For my model the Daryl Turner trunnion setup is the number 1 must have upgrade part from Bob at ETO.

After just a couple of months from new, the nicely designed plastic kit parts loose there snap and perform sloppy.

• For metal tracks use the Daryl Turner Metal gear box mount brace that fits under the transmissions and your good to go with your metal tracks

The part ends the hull flex issues that cause any tank to toss tracks.

• As stated above, the kit suspension is very robust and handles metal tracks just fine.

Happy Thanksgiving, John
Old 11-25-2010, 02:44 PM
RodgerB

Nice build John. Also highly reccomended from Daryl is his spring loaded rear idler. Pretty esential for metal tracks. It will have some give in it for debris that will enter the tracks and also keep a constant tension on the rear idler so constant adjustment of the idler is pretty much eliminated? If you are going to use the Tamiya setup that comes with it for the rear idler do yourself a favor and replace the adjusting screw with a hex head from Etco or a cap screw from Traxxus? The slot/philips that comes with it is a real challenge to work with when it comes to the locking nuts.
Old 11-26-2010, 12:23 AM
Socioanthroman

Thanks for the help, guys.  My plan is to modify the Tamiya Late Jagdpanther into an early one with the early one piece barrel and to add Zimmerit.  Do I need the Daryl Turner adapter for the barrell?  I already bought/have the first pic you posted, and plan on getting the mount brace when I get the cash.  I was also going try to modify the engine sound or maybe splice the wires to also operate a smoke generator.  I'm new to this, but I used to collect the huge 21st century toys 1:18 scale stuff for fun, so the scale is not new.  I wonder what you guys might think of my idea, or is it a little more than a newb can chew?
Old 11-26-2010, 12:41 AM
sevoblast

Received 54 Likes on 40 Posts

The Tamiya DMD/TO system can not be modified for different sounds as far as I know. However, the sounds are pretty accurate anyway. As for smoke, it can be done using one of Dan's smokers.

You should also get the DP02 Tiger 1 Idler system, which is a bolt in for the Panther/JP, spring loaded of course, and the DP10 Panther TU plate. Otherwise, the Panther/JP is a pretty strong runner out of the box. Cosmetics of course are up to you, the list is almost endless depending on how far you want to go.