Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

New VS Radio!

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2010, 03:34 PM
Eggman1965
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New VS Radio!

Hey Guys,

I just ordered the VS Tank Tiger 1 late model from Artistic Hobbies and when the guy called me to confirm my address he also told me that it comes with the new radio. check it out:

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay73454.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	63.2 KB
ID:	1528256  
Old 11-30-2010, 03:50 PM
yellowshaker
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: New VS Radio!

That's a nice looking Tiger! 1/24 scale?
Old 11-30-2010, 04:07 PM
Eggman1965

ORIGINAL: yellowshaker

That's a nice looking Tiger! 1/24 scale?
Yep, a 1/24 scale Late Tiger 1 for $109.95 + shipping. It'll go nicely with my two other 1/24 Tigers and my 1/24 sherman. Now if only the KV1 was in stock...

Old 11-30-2010, 05:31 PM
thomasjohnmurphy

Is that an IR or airsoft? That radio has been out for a couple of years now. It is a bit more difficult to use (given we have been using the HL radio so much)
Old 11-30-2010, 05:37 PM
Eggman1965

ORIGINAL: thomasjohnmurphy

Is that an IR or airsoft? That radio has been out for a couple of years now. It is a bit more difficult to use (given we have been using the HL radio so much)
It's IR, so I can "blast" my M4A3 Sherman all to heck! I've never seen the radio before personally but I like the look of the late model Tiger and it's camouflage pattern. One of these days I'll try painting one of the 1/24 scale tanks myself.

Old 11-30-2010, 06:04 PM
calvinlo

-comments deleted
Old 11-30-2010, 07:03 PM
thomasjohnmurphy

I agree, the VS tanks are great looking right out of the box (especially the Tigers)
Old 11-30-2010, 07:16 PM
shenlonco
My Feedback: (2)

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

That's a totally new VS radio.... but with the way it's set up VS could have just used stick gimbles like the 1/16 Heng long tanks do and could have made the right stick for farward and reverse and steering and the left one for canon up and down and turret left and right and then just had 2 buttons on top fire and machien gun fire.... but VS i guess was not smart enough to do so as it whould have been pretty simple to do.
Old 11-30-2010, 08:19 PM
Eggman1965

My tanks have metal, recoiling barrels. So ssppptthhhhttttt!
Old 12-01-2010, 07:17 AM
beesknees

TJM....You`re saying this VS Stick Transmitter has been out for a couple yrs??? Wish I`d known that
probably still have my VS Tanks. lol But enjoy Buddy, enjoy. And Ya, I`d also think they would be requiring some getting used to,, If You`re IR Battling for sure, but since I only drove around shooting stuff with the airsoft, I`m hopin at least these new TX`s would be as much fun as Tamiya TX. Anyway, I must get that Tiger, in Forest Camo that Egg posted here....again
Eggman....just in case You did`nt know, You can get metal tracks for the VS Tiger...not sure if You can get em for both early & late road wheels though, and havent even heard if these tracks are worth the bother. Also you can get PE Screens for those rear grates/vents on rear of deck, and they are nice,, I was surprised being 1/24 scale....just ask John(TJM) lol
PS...FOV PzIV is still rollin right along and still lookin good
Old 12-01-2010, 07:35 AM
shenlonco

Hi that's a brand new release that is the latest VS radio they have just released...Other than the 2.4 radio and electronics VS is also planing on releasing later on also.

ORIGINAL: beesknees

TJM....You`re saying this VS Stick Transmitter has been out for a couple yrs??? Wish I`d known that
probably still have my VS Tanks. lol But enjoy Buddy, enjoy. And Ya, I`d also think they would be requiring some getting used to,, If You`re IR Battling for sure, but since I only drove around shooting stuff with the airsoft, I`m hopin at least these new TX`s would be as much fun as Tamiya TX. Anyway, I must get that Tiger, in Forest Camo that Egg posted here....again
Eggman....just in case You did`nt know, You can get metal tracks for the VS Tiger...not sure if You can get em for both early & late road wheels though, and havent even heard if these tracks are worth the bother. Also you can get PE Screens for those rear grates/vents on rear of deck, and they are nice,, I was surprised being 1/24 scale....just ask John(TJM) lol
PS...FOV PzIV is still rollin right along and still lookin good
Old 12-01-2010, 09:03 AM
beesknees

Hey Shenlonco, Glad Yer keeping an eye on things.....figured if anyone would know about this stuff You would.......So this VS Tank the Eggman just bought has the latest release TX, and has not been out for a couple yrs?? Which is what I was thinking, but then, what do I know. Anyway, I am thinking this TX Eggman will be getting should work just like a Tam Tx.....If Yer just looking at it from a driving angle....forget Turret rotation, guns, everything else, It should operate just like a Tamiya TX, so just as fun to use....for me anyway. Also, You mentioned more good stuff to follow from VS. Do You know anything else? elaborate a wee bit????......extremely nosey ^%%$^`s such as myself wanna know.
Thanks
Barry
Old 12-01-2010, 09:20 AM
shenlonco

Hi Barry they are working on a IR target and also the 2.4 radio and electronics that you can install as a upgrade into all the VS tanks... The 2.4 system supposed to have the ability to give each tank it own sound instead of the same old VS sound and it supposed to sound much better and also they are improving the IR battle so it does not look toy when getting hit or killed like like the VS out now.
Old 12-02-2010, 08:54 PM
pcsguy88

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So maybe we'll see the "cheap" upgrade kits soon? I've held onto my 6 tanks for this reason alone.