Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Heng Long Tiger Smoke Unit: different versions for RX13/14 and Rx18?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Heng Long Tiger Smoke Unit: different versions for RX13/14 and Rx18?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2010, 11:50 AM
Gerula

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heng Long Tiger Smoke Unit: different versions for RX13/14 and Rx18?

I was looking at the pics of Rx13/14 and Rx18 and noticed that the Rx18 seems to have included the power circuit for the smoke unit. After some moredigging I came up with these photos. As you can notice, the version for the Rx13 (and probably 14) has on the electric board a big black electronic component that the later models lack.

Now,since my PzIIIcame with a busted smoke unit, I did some digginglocally and found an older smole unit (the one designed for Rx13). Would it be safe to swap thesmall circuit board between that unit and the one in mypzIII and then plug it in my tank?

P.S. What is that black electronic component on the old style unit and what are the specs for it? (it might be different then the one located on the Rx18, in which case... )
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh15323.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	8.6 KB
ID:	1530595   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ni23552.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	15.1 KB
ID:	1530596   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pu52511.jpg
Views:	316
Size:	15.1 KB
ID:	1530597  
Old 12-05-2010, 03:48 PM
Panther G

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Heng Long Tiger Smoke Unit: different versions for RX13/14 and Rx18?

The newer smokers are supposed to be proportional. that is why they need to be wired into the motor circuits also. Not sure if the older smoke unit will work. They are cheap and I do mean cheap so just get a few spares if you really need the smoke. I never use them as these tanks DID NOT smoke unless they where in really poor mechanical condition. They aint Diesels.
Old 12-05-2010, 03:50 PM
Gerula

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Heng Long Tiger Smoke Unit: different versions for RX13/14 and Rx18?

From what I've been able to dig out of the www, it seems that the unit in the first pic is designed for Rx13 (and 14?) while those in pic 2 and 3 are desgined for Rx18. Only the one in pic 3 is proportional tho.