Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

vendor concern/product alert-satisfactory resolution

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

vendor concern/product alert-satisfactory resolution

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2010, 12:39 PM
kclank

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default vendor concern/product alert-satisfactory resolution

I just received an order of 4:1 reduced ratio gear boxes from Awesome Hobbies in Australia. Be aware they are virtually identical to the stock low profile Heng Long Stug gear boxes and are not reduced in any way, shape or form. I have sent them a note to find out what gives. I am posting this to alert anyone contemplating ordering these gear boxes. This may have been a mistake on the part of the vendor and i will give them an opportunity to make it right so we shall see how they respond.
Old 12-06-2010, 04:00 PM
swathdiver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: vendor concern/product alert-satisfactory resolution

It's clear from the photos on their website that the 4:1s are Asiatam's original gearboxes and are the same height as the original Heng Long. If you got something low profile, then it seems someone made a mistake and I for one would give them the benefit of the doubt before going on the attack.
Old 12-06-2010, 06:34 PM
kclank

I am all for BOTD. These are definitly not Asiatam, nor even Asiatam like and i have 4 sets of the AT to match them to... These are HL/Mato and they are identical in layout, cast metal gearing, and gear ratio to the original Stug boxes i have in my parts bin. no attack was made, just an incident reported, no one want's to wait several weeks and find out they got the wrong thing. I believe that they will make it right..
Old 12-07-2010, 01:44 AM
TigerTankMan

I'll be interested to hear what they say kclank!
As i was going to order a set of these for my Pershing from thembut thought they looked ike over priced H/L-Mato gears.
As Matomart sell these for $23USD...

Old 12-07-2010, 06:18 AM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Keep us posted. The picture of these 4:1 gears look oddly exactly like a standard gear set.
Old 12-07-2010, 03:27 PM
kclank

A satisfactory outcome and evidence integrity from a fine company to continue dealing with.
Here is the comm. traffic between Awesome Hobbies and me.
I for one will look for opportunities to deal with them again.

On Tue, Dec 7, 2010 at 3:18 PM, Awesome Hobbies <[email protected]> wrote:

Hi Ken
Made investigations with the factory and appears these slipeed under the radar apoligies.Its a really small world and saw your posting on the forum we are well respected around the world and having been a master modeller for some 40 years plus are still around because we make things right.Forums are good but at awesome if the is any question of integrity then we will always go the customers way..it appears that no one on the planet can confirm that these are 4:1 or any other ratio for that matter and odlly neither can the manufacturer only the brass gearboxes that are 3:1 so with our compliments dont return the boxes the expence is not worth it and i will have the part adjusted on the website to the right price and you can have a store credit or refund .The new metal tiger hull is brilliant from mato..... up to you mate
Let me know
Regards and again apoligies
Warwick

ken hofmann
to Awesome

A refund is the best way for me. i have enough 3:1 boxes as well as stock boxes. I appreciate your quick investigation action and appropriate response. Your attitude is a model for companies to follow. rest assured that i will praise you on the forum as well as to my club members.

Paypal has been refunded. Great outcome
Old 12-07-2010, 03:34 PM
yellowshaker
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good to know that they did right by you. Can't ask for more than that.
Old 12-07-2010, 03:39 PM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice response. I am happy to hear this as this retailer certainly has some interesting items for sale.