Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

ive caught the fever!

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2010, 07:18 PM
diabolic-mind

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ive caught the fever!

its official, im hooked on tanks. the only tank ive driven sofar is my 1:6th scale m5 stuart. i ordered a HL walker bulldog and it hasnt arrived yet, and im already considering ordering a stug now.

Old 12-10-2010, 07:33 PM
yellowshaker
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: ive caught the fever!

Well, my friend, you are correct. You are officially hooked. This is how it all starts. Buy a ank and wait impatiently for it to arrive. in the meantime, search the forums and vendor sites for the endless possibilities and then begin pondering whether to wait or order another now. This is because you realize that it is not a question of if, but when your second will be coming. Unfortunately, it is too late now. Just give in to the voices as I have...order another....then another...it just never stops.....
Old 12-10-2010, 07:58 PM
diabolic-mind

lol yeah the voices are strong. i can only picture my girlfriends face when she hears im ordering another. i could probably do without another tank but the more i look at the stug the more i like it. it just looks mean and beastly.
Old 12-10-2010, 08:10 PM
yellowshaker
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, my girlfriend has realized that it is beter to leave me to my own devices...t is much safer to allow me to have my tanks than to let me roam the streets. LOL

Old 12-10-2010, 08:23 PM
diabolic-mind

i let my girlfriend drive the m5 stuart tank and she said it was "neat" but i think she will have a better appreciation for the tanks once she drives the bulldog and gets to fire the airsoft gun at some stuff.
Old 12-10-2010, 08:29 PM
Chow_Hound

The time you should worry is when you pay more for a tank than you last used car.
The cure for the fever is ... more cowbell.
Old 12-10-2010, 08:48 PM
pattoncommander

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First off, you're going to see a totally different quality if handling over the Stuart. Next, buy her a tank or put her name on the turret of yours.
Old 12-10-2010, 09:51 PM
sevoblast

Received 54 Likes on 40 Posts

Uh huh. That will work. I introduced my bride to tanks 5 years ago when we got hitched. She now owns a T 34 with full Tamiya suite, and a captured Sov Panther by Tamiya, and has mentioned a KV 1 for Christmas would be nice. See what happens?
Old 12-10-2010, 11:14 PM
diabolic-mind

i know a guy who does airbrushing, i wonder if she would do a pin up girl pose for him to air brush on the bulldog!!! that might buy me some standings lol
Old 12-11-2010, 05:50 AM
pattoncommander

There's a 1;1 scale M-41 for sale on MVPA, only $110-m. Be a nice X-mas present. Have to have a helluva big tree and a lot of wrapping paper.
Old 12-11-2010, 09:06 AM
Gerula

ORIGINAL: yellowshaker

Well, my girlfriend has realized that it is beter to leave me to my own devices...t is much safer to allow me to have my tanks than to let me roam the streets. LOL

This sort of conjugal problems are extremelly easy to settle: just ask the wife/girlfriend where does she preffer you to spend 100$: in a RC online shop or at thetitty bar? Aditionally, when she complains about you working two hours on a RC model instead of doing whatever she would want you to do,justbring up the case of some guy that you both know and who was taking long "business trips" while actually living a double life, having a child with his mistress and so on.

Of course you can always try to get her hooked up with Rc models too, but in 999 out of 1000 cases you will fail miserably. Still worth a try though.
Old 12-11-2010, 09:39 AM
Chow_Hound

This sort of conjugal problems are extremelly easy to settle: just ask the wife/girlfriend where does she preffer you to spend 100$:
Carefull. She will say spend it on her.
Old 12-11-2010, 09:59 AM
diabolic-mind

my girlfriend loves the color pink, i wonder if i secretly bought her a tank and then painted it with some pink camo tones if she would like it enough to go out and battle with it? if she doesnt then i could always repaint it normal colors and have it for myself, lol
Old 12-11-2010, 10:20 AM
Gerula

ORIGINAL: BBC_KT

This sort of conjugal problems are extremelly easy to settle: just ask the wife/girlfriend where does she preffer you to spend 100$:
Carefull. She will say spend it on her.

Nah, we're talking about money that we're supposed to spend on ourselves .You have to point that out strongly

ORIGINAL: diabolic-mind

my girlfriend loves the color pink, i wonder if i secretly bought her a tank and then painted it with some pink camo tones if she would like it enough to go out and battle with it? if she doesnt then i could always repaint it normal colors and have it for myself, lol

That would look insanelly gay lol
Old 12-11-2010, 11:25 AM
diabolic-mind

lol yeah it would, but i would have the upper hand fighter against her tank as it would be easy to spot.
Old 12-11-2010, 11:32 AM
Pah co chu puk

Received 143 Likes on 93 Posts

Get her a T-34.

Old 12-11-2010, 11:34 AM
diabolic-mind

hahahaha, minus the grafiti i think she would love that, ill show her that pic when she gets home
Old 12-11-2010, 11:37 AM
Pah co chu puk

Received 143 Likes on 93 Posts

The grafiti is very important. Otherwise the tank would stand out in urban warfare.
Old 12-11-2010, 11:51 AM
Gerula

Wow. All I can say is
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr50220.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	13.7 KB
ID:	1532914  
Old 12-11-2010, 11:53 AM
Gerula

Too bad they did that to the tank, it looks like an extremelly cool backyard adition
Old 12-11-2010, 12:03 PM
angusx

The graffiti is indeed important in an urban setting. This one has been optimized for bear country.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us54273.jpeg
Views:	19
Size:	182.6 KB
ID:	1532915  
Old 12-11-2010, 12:06 PM
Glen B

ORIGINAL: diabolic-mind

its official, im hooked on tanks. the only tank ive driven sofar is my 1:6th scale m5 stuart. i ordered a HL walker bulldog and it hasnt arrived yet, and im already considering ordering a stug now.

I got into this hobby in late July, 2010.

Trying to be focused, I wrote out a plan or schedule which started with acquiring airbrush equipment and setting up a model work area.

According to that schedule, I should be considering tank No. 3 about now.

However, if I count the Jagdpanther I know is under the Christmas tree, I am up to tank No. 5.

..................................I wonder when Mato with have the HLKing Tiger out, maybe that will be No. 6

Incidently, the Stug III is my current project, just getting the finishing touches of a DBC installation done, then after some final research, it gets the colours of Abt. 210. I like my Sug III

Old 12-11-2010, 12:22 PM
Bagheera

I came down with tankfever meny years ago and there's no cure. You treat the semtons with more tanks, gears and lots of fun. I cought one tankfever and the in effecttion grew into 12 so far.

John

__________________________________________________ _______________________

HL Pershing x2, Tiger l, Pzr lll x2, Pzr lV F1-F2, Stug. lll, Jadgpanther, Panther G Tam Sherman Mat King Tiger
Old 12-11-2010, 01:05 PM
Rex Ross

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

ORIGINAL: BBC_KT

The time you should worry is when you pay more for a tank than you last used car.
The cure for the fever is ... more cowbell.
~~~~~~~~~

At first your comment struck me funny..........then it struck me like a baseball bat...........there was a time in my life when I had three cars in a row, each one cost $50. Now I don't give much thought about what a tank costs unless it is over $200. The good news is, my tanks run longer before they break down than those cars did!
Old 12-11-2010, 01:13 PM
diabolic-mind

id ride in that pink tank if those girls were my crewmates lol. yeah i can see how it would be easy to own 12 tanks. sofar i have 3 counting the bulldog in the mail, im hoping i get this toy tank i picked up running also. its a nice looking tank for a toy. just needs a bit more power to move itself. im dead set on ordering a stug now, just need a bit more "extra cash" and ill be ready to order. i told my girl about my plans to order another tank, she rolled her eyes and said why would you need another tank, you already have 3. i replied with, because the tank i want to order i dont have yet. and then i got that infamous "LOOK" lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.