Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

silly movies again...

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2010, 10:04 PM
Pah co chu puk

Received 143 Likes on 93 Posts
Default silly movies again...

Here is a movie for fun. It's all in normal speed and in color.

These clips were collected over time so those of you who count nuts will note changes in the weathering between shots. My tanks are never " done " so that is just how it is. My one big regret is finding out about the TC hatch on my Tiger just after painting and weathering it, I have'nt had the heart to pull it and go through the brain dammage to repaint it... yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3GE-cK2yI4

Have fun watching this, I hope it inspires some of y'all to make some movies too!
Old 12-10-2010, 10:08 PM
Pah co chu puk

Default RE: silly movies again...

This one is for fun! LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZkY8RNn3CE

I have shot over 11Gb of movie clips, most of them are more like this... I am happy to get 7 sec of good out of 2 min of this stuff.
Old 12-10-2010, 11:22 PM
diabolic-mind

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol i loved the bloopers and out takes, that was great. nice view of the mountains at 1:15. you should get some more video up with that as the backdrop. the airplane shots i mentioned before would be perfect from that vantage point with the planes coming in slow from the mountains
Old 12-11-2010, 06:14 AM
shenlonco
My Feedback: (2)

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Looks like fun ... Nice spot to run!
Old 12-11-2010, 06:59 AM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

THanks for posting the videos. Real pleasure to see someone having fun with their hobby. The video experience is a hobby in itself. I think you are demonstrating that even if you don't have a club with routine IR battles, there still is a lot of enjoyment to be had goofing around with these things.

Thanks for showcasing another side of RC tanks. Stuff like this draws people in. With todays high res cameras and video software you can have a lot of fun mixing tanks and video together.

Very creative, and those scenes with the rockies in the background are very nice.
Old 12-11-2010, 07:15 AM
Rex Ross

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

ORIGINAL: Pah co chu puk

Here is a movie for fun. It's all in normal speed and in color.

Have fun watching this, I hope it inspires some of y'all to make some movies too!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear Sir:
Please be advised that I will hold you responsible...........
I have tanks. I have a camcorder. I don't need another hobby that combines those two things into another time consuming hobby. Dangit.....ya got me thinkin' about trying that.......It looks like great fun and I really enjoyed viewing your videos and the videos that other forum members have posted. There is a location near me that I always thought would be perfect for a Normandy D-Day invasion scene. I may revive my plan to build an LCM-3 and go for it. I built a cardboard concept model of one awhile back but never got any further with it.........until now.........
Old 12-11-2010, 09:42 AM
Chow_Hound

So true!!! I just ordered a video camera
Old 12-11-2010, 10:02 AM
diabolic-mind

yeah i need a batter camera if im going to attempt any decent videos. my camera has a tendancy to turn itself off, perhaps its trying to tell me it doesnt like filming tanks lol
Old 12-11-2010, 10:07 AM
Pah co chu puk

Thanks, y'all!
I do have to find other fun things to do with my tanks as I am very far from any clubs. I live about midway between DAC and FRAC so tank battles are not practical for me.

These movies arefun, and a chalange for me to getthe details right on my tanks. My goal is to make a film you will thinkare real tanks, well the kids in the neighborhood anyway.

I built military models as a kid and always wanted to photograph them but in the 70s film was too costly for a kid like me.
Now I am a grown up with some money and the digital camera / RC tank combo was too much for me to resest. Please bear with me as I releive 40 years of pent up ideas for cool sceenes.

I mostly take my tanks out to the valleys for pix as these mtns are more like Switzerland than Germany. Perhaps I will shoot some sceenes closer to home and show some mtn sceenes. You all seem to like the mtn backdrops.

Post any movies you guys make, it will only give me more ideas!