Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

I need some help from the fellow Rx13/Rx14 owners (with good hearing)

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

I need some help from the fellow Rx13/Rx14 owners (with good hearing)

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2010, 11:17 AM
Gerula

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need some help from the fellow Rx13/Rx14 owners (with good hearing)

Can you please hook up the battery, turn on the ON/OFF switch on the tank and, without starting it from the remote, listen carefully if there's any "heartbeat/pulse" in the speaker, synchronised with the flasing leds? Make sureit's quiet when you try it, or you won't hear anything (it's not that loud).

If yes, please turn the volume knob to zero and check again, sitting at about one yard from thetank. Let me know if it's still audible (and if not, the minimum distance where it becomes audible). Please specifyif you have a Rx13 or a Rx14.

I have a tank on which I can hear the heartbeatonlyby putting my ear over it, near the place where the speaker is located, and anotherthat is clearly audible from a yard, with the volume knob at 50%. Tryingto determineif, statistically speaking, the heartbeat isfrequent trough the general Heng Long Rx13/14 population.

Thanks a lot.
Old 12-12-2010, 11:32 AM
diabolic-mind

Default RE: I need some help from the fellow Rx13/Rx14 owners (with good hearing)

i believe the issue you are having is caused by a ground loop. its a common problem with car audio systems. look online for a "ground loop isolator" it will be a little box with wires on either side. all you do is connect it in between the speaker and rx. it should eliminate to noise you are getting.
Old 12-12-2010, 12:39 PM
Gerula

Default RE: I need some help from the fellow Rx13/Rx14 owners (with good hearing)

The problem is that I have two Rx13 tanks, one does it quite loud (you can hear it from 1 yeard) and on the other is barely audible by putting the ear on the tank.

So, if the owners of Rx13/14 can check out how loud is their tank's heartbeat, I could figure out if my board that does the loud heartbeat is defective, or if it just has an acceptable ground loop effect.
Old 12-12-2010, 01:42 PM
swathdiver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think all of mine do it, or should I say I don't know of any that don't. Never paid attention to how loud it was. Doesn't seem to affect anything.
Old 12-12-2010, 02:19 PM
Gerula

Could you turn the volume knob to 50% and check how far you can get and still hear it? And also check if it's still clearly audible with the volume at 0%?

Thanks a lot.
Old 12-13-2010, 01:41 AM
Gerula

Cmon guys, you don't have to open up the tank or anything, just to listen to it.
Old 12-13-2010, 05:30 AM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes all of mine do it, and as soon as you start up the tank and the LEDs stop flashing the "heart beat" goes away

This is normal. Relax.

No one considers this condition a defective board. Once the tank starts up and the lights stop flashing this sound goes away. Swathdiver gave you the absolute answer.
Old 12-13-2010, 05:54 AM
Gerula

Thanks

What really bothered me is that the volume knob didn't seem to have much influence (at least on the lower half of the setting) on the volume of the beat.  I mean it will beat as hard at 5% as it does at 40%. Only on the upper level of the setting (80%+) it increases it's volume.

Anyway, if all tanks do it I guess I shouldn't bother.