Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

What happened to Creepingdeath RC ?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

What happened to Creepingdeath RC ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2010, 04:32 AM
tigertiki

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What happened to Creepingdeath RC ?

Hi, when i decided to finally command a turret from these guys they dissaperaded ? Anybody knows what happened ?

Old 12-14-2010, 06:11 AM
shenlonco
My Feedback: (2)

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Default RE: What happened to Creepingdeath RC ?

ORIGINAL: tigertiki

Hi, when i decided to finally command a turret from these guys they dissaperaded ? Anybody knows what happened ?

I had one to test...gas version it was so bad ...and everyone seen it all posted up on this board I think after that that creeping death went underground!
Old 12-14-2010, 03:17 PM
Panther G

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They should have for that poor excuse of a product they where trying to market. At least finish it first before you market it.
Old 12-14-2010, 09:31 PM
swathdiver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did the market for high performance airsoft take a backseat to IR? Seems so. Maybe they were discouraged from the negative response to their next venture or that response reduced their sales to the point where it was no longer profitable to continue in any direction?
Old 12-14-2010, 09:40 PM
Perry S.

ORIGINAL: swathdiver

Did the market for high performance airsoft take a backseat to IR? Seems so. Maybe they were discouraged from the negative response to their next venture or that response reduced their sales to the point where it was no longer profitable to continue in any direction?
I think it has definitely taken a backseat to IR. Namely because there are tons of options for IR and none for enhanced airsoft. Who knows if there were more options to just buy one.

Perry
Old 12-15-2010, 01:09 AM
tigertiki

Thanks for thr responses, but didn't solve my problem. IMHO IR does not exclude airsoft, therefore i will have both on my vehicles and also a mini camera which takes the IR battle to more realism. I have no choice that to buy a gas airsoft gun and replicate it.. Well i bought it already as a glock 18 with blowback. Remains to figure out if it can be used this feature (blowback) too. I have a masters degree in mechanical engineering so i hope that i will pull this off. Would have been easier to buy one..
Old 12-15-2010, 05:49 AM
shenlonco

Thanks for thr responses, but didn't solve my problem. IMHO IR does not exclude airsoft, therefore i will have both on my vehicles and also a mini camera which takes the IR battle to more realism. I have no choice that to buy a gas airsoft gun and replicate it.. Well i bought it already as a glock 18 with blowback. Remains to figure out if it can be used this feature (blowback) too. I have a masters degree in mechanical engineering so i hope that i will pull this off. Would have been easier to buy one..
Actually I think you will be better off making your own that's how bad the creaping death one was put together!!
Also use a CO2 I found that the green gas causes all the plastic to get briddle and crack from using it in the creeping death gun.
Old 12-15-2010, 04:57 PM
Panther G

I seen alot of " Master Degreed ' engineers that couldn't find there arses with both hands. you aint one of them are ya.
Old 12-15-2010, 09:50 PM
tigertiki

Well, i hope so. I will post one of my ongoing project Named: Tigertiki's Kettenkrad Build and RC transformation.
ORIGINAL: Panther G

I seen alot of " Master Degreed ' engineers that couldn't find there arses with both hands. you aint one of them are ya.
Old 12-16-2010, 06:08 AM
shenlonco

Guess my test review of there gas airsoft gun made them go under as there site is not even on the web anymore and they said they where not selling to the hobby tank guy's anymore only to airsoft fields!! they probably had so many problems from the first guy's that purchased them like how i had with mine it probably forced them to close shop...
I yanked my you tube video off that showed how it worked!!!
I feedl sorry for all the guy's who spent $250.00+ for the CD guns and probably got took and now are stuck with a heap of junk like i am I am mad and i did not even pay for mine it was given to me to be tested and reviewed!!!
Wonder what happend to the few guy's on here that posted they have ordered the guns .... did never hear any of em reply back about there guns.... guess all when t bad like me with my CD unit!
Old 12-16-2010, 06:55 AM
Perry S.

Not so much that they went underground. I think their mom's probably took their computers away or something. As far as the guys that paid the $250 and bought 16 of them if I recall correctly, they left the board in a huff, giving us the finger on the way out the door. Said they were going to live on some planet utopia or something. It was quite funny.

Perry
Old 12-16-2010, 07:48 AM
shenlonco

ORIGINAL: Perry S.

Not so much that they went underground. I think their mom's probably took their computers away or something. As far as the guys that paid the $250 and bought 16 of them if I recall correctly, they left the board in a huff, giving us the finger on the way out the door. Said they were going to live on some planet utopia or something. It was quite funny.

Perry
Yes and i recall another guy said his was headed his way and he would report and post back on how it went when he installed the gun ....but he never reported back also...probably ran into all the problems that i did and said the hell with it!!
Old 12-16-2010, 09:06 AM
tigertiki

Dear Peery S, just checked out your post about the mod for the P4. Very impressed, afterall i won't need creeping death stuff. Will start with your ideea. I'll post a thread when i'll start. I have to finish first my kettenkrad project, which i started to post and i'll look into the Glock 18 green gas airsoft which i'll us for the project. I look forward to your comments.
Dear Shenlonco, thanks for the comments, i checked out your tests with creepingdeath and i am sorry that did not worked as expected. I only saw the Youtube video of them and i assumed is is engineered good. After i saw how it looked i realised that is far from professional so i'll go Perry S's way but greengas. I have to arm an army of about 18 HL, Mato tanks . I collected all of them but tamiya. Early next year we start a 1/6 Tiger 1 project, the kettenkrad is only warm up ! Our team (4) with different bacground will build 4 Tigers. I'll post that too. We have already metal links and laser cut 2mm aluminum body parts. We have problem with the barrel which is long and hard to machine CONE. One of our team is an "accuracy freak" actually i am becoming one too(this thing is contagious) so he makes sure that every part is historically correct and precise..
Soory that i wondered out from the initial subject but it all connect cause i will need a gun for my 1/6 tiger too
Regards
Old 12-16-2010, 09:15 AM
shenlonco

Dear Peery S, just checked out your post about the mod for the P4. Very impressed, afterall i won't need creeping death stuff. Will start with your ideea. I'll post a thread when i'll start. I have to finish first my kettenkrad project, which i started to post and i'll look into the Glock 18 green gas airsoft which i'll us for the project. I look forward to your comments.
Dear Shenlonco, thanks for the comments, i checked out your tests with creepingdeath and i am sorry that did not worked as expected. I only saw the Youtube video of them and i assumed is is engineered good. After i saw how it looked i realised that is far from professional so i'll go Perry S's way but greengas. I have to arm an army of about 18 HL, Mato tanks . I collected all of them but tamiya. Early next year we start a 1/6 Tiger 1 project, the kettenkrad is only warm up ! Our team (4) with different bacground will build 4 Tigers. I'll post that too. We have already metal links and laser cut 2mm aluminum body parts. We have problem with the barrel which is long and hard to machine CONE. One of our team is an ''accuracy freak'' actually i am becoming one too(this thing is contagious) so he makes sure that every part is historically correct and precise..
Soory that i wondered out from the initial subject but it all connect cause i will need a gun for my 1/6 tiger too
Regards
Hi why gas? It stinks and is messy?
I would go with a stock gun worked and you could get 200FPS that's pleanty enough power and consistant shooting.

Also if realy needed a gas gun CO2 is the best way to go.
Old 12-16-2010, 11:30 AM
Perry S.

Here's some pic's of the system in my Tamiya KT. It's a .177 caliber steel bb system.

And I guess since people here say you should model a specific tank for authenticity, this would have been a good one for me
http://www.worldwar2aces.com/pzvib.wmv

Perry
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xu62499.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	84.5 KB
ID:	1534894   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo40399.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	88.4 KB
ID:	1534895   Click image for larger version

Name:	He97035.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	84.4 KB
ID:	1534896   Click image for larger version

Name:	Nk28221.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	74.8 KB
ID:	1534897  
Old 12-16-2010, 11:42 AM
tigertiki

Dear Shenlonko,
I had to rewrite this reply cos the server was down[img]../../punymce/plugins/emoticons/img/trans.gif[/img]. Greegas because it's easier to reload and i don't have to mess with the CO2 cartridge. On the other hand CO2 airgun is illegal here. The Glock 18 airsoft has a small tank (the ammo clip actually) which suits me and it goes for 25 rounds which is good enough(with blowback). I studied the stock gun and it does not look very reliable. Actually i have one broken on me. It seams the lubrication eat the plastic brittle.. So i will mode the stock with some metal parts and do the Perry S's mod for the greengas. My other plan is to pump smoke in the barrel so smoke will emerge after a shoot. I will use one little 6volt powerful pump out from a blood pressure gauge from ebay in sereies with a sealed smoke generator(can be stock but sealed) activated by the long sequence of the HL shooting motor so the smoke has time to generate and pump it in the barrel or the air chamber of the gun. Needs some experiments.. I have to finish the kettenkrad and next week i maby into this.. I will tweak with the barrel as well because it needs to recoil. Mandatory for me . Needs to figure up if i can use the greengas's power or a separate mechanism . I have to study the Glock's system and also some shooting footage from youtube to see how big the recoil actually is. Hopfully this replay won't fly away.
Regards
Old 12-16-2010, 11:51 AM
tigertiki

Dear Perry,
Agreed totally about authenticity. Thanks for the pics. I can see the CO2 tank, but i have to go greengas because the CO2 Airgun is illegal here. The replacement of the CO2 is a little bit tricky too. It is easy to conceal a valve somwhere on the tank for refills. I will appreciate your input in my upcoming airgun project.. First i have to finish my Kettenkrad which i presented today on a different thread. It has no gon on it though.. On the other hand my 1/6 th puma(sdkfz 234)(planned) will need one !
Regards
(tigertiki) Attila

Old 12-16-2010, 11:55 AM
shenlonco

Perry that looks nice and clean great work on the gun!
tigertiki hope all works out for you on your gun build.
Old 12-16-2010, 12:51 PM
Ern

[/quote]
Yes and i recall another guy said his was headed his way and he would report and post back on how it went when he installed the gun ....but he never reported back also...probably ran into all the problems that i did and said the hell with it!!
[/quote]

Yep, that was me... and I still have boxes sitting on the table and no install. I ran into fit issues with the Tiger because it has an Asiatam lower and it won't fit because of the torsion suspension and the floor is raised to cover it, so I have to swap turrets with my other Tiger that has CD's first turret on it. The King Tiger still has issues that I need to fixing before I install in that one too

Too many tank projects and not enough time... other than the guy who claims to have purchased 16 I may be the only other person to get one of the turrets before they disappeared ~ although I would guess they are still on the forums and we just don't know it.

What do you mean, "the plastic gets brittle"? Should I even install these? I'd hate for the darn things to blow up my tanks!
Old 12-16-2010, 01:19 PM
shenlonco

Hi Ern yep the plastic on mine cracked around the refill valve and all the postes of plastic that you screw together the top turret all cracked away from it one day i went to use it and it fell apart when i tilted the tank so i had to use plastic liquid solvent and actually glue it together from around the bottom seam!!!
Old 12-16-2010, 05:44 PM
RSEA

Here's some pic's of the system in my Tamiya KT. It's a .177 caliber steel bb system.

And I guess since people here say you should model a specific tank for authenticity, this would have been a good one for me

Perry
You'll not only need to break off your gun barrel, but replace it with a broken one-piece barrel, make a binocular gun sight in the turret and add 18-tooth sprocket wheels and tracks. Maybe you should pick another KT because you'll need to make a lot of changes to your model to match that one in the video.

I find your Heng Long traverse and turret ring set up interesting. Looks like you fabricated a custom piece that attaches to the underside of the upper deck. Care to elaborate on what you did to make that set-up work?
Old 12-16-2010, 06:23 PM
Perry S.

ORIGINAL: RSEA

Perry
You'll not only need to break off your gun barrel, but replace it with a broken one-piece barrel, make a binocular gun sight in the turret and add 18-tooth sprocket wheels and tracks. Maybe you should pick another KT because you'll need to make a lot of changes to your model to match that one in the video.

I find your Heng Long traverse and turret ring set up interesting. Looks like you fabricated a custom piece that attaches to the underside of the upper deck. Care to elaborate on what you did to make that set-up work?
All good points on the former. As far as the latter;

I had an old Bulldog that I sacrificed the the upper hull for. Used my band saw and cut out the turret mounting ring. It fit perfectly into place. I never had any luck with any of the Tamiya turret drives. THis one was made from parts on hand and is rock solid.

If you look closely you can also see a hacked ESC from a mini servo so I can proportionally traverse the turret. I usually have it set at a very slow slew speed as I don't like the look of a big huge heavy turret jerking from side to side.

Perry
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om34060.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	99.0 KB
ID:	1535064   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ez82340.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	84.2 KB
ID:	1535065   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yd81788.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	83.8 KB
ID:	1535066  
Old 12-16-2010, 06:33 PM
RSEA

Very resourceful of you.. One HL Bulldog, a band saw and a mini servo ESC. I have none of those items of course. Interesting modification though, thanks for sharing what you did.
Old 12-16-2010, 06:41 PM
Perry S.

THe ESC was actually part of the servo, so if you have a servo, at least you have one of those
Old 12-16-2010, 06:44 PM
RSEA

I currently only own ONE full size servo that came from Polk Hobby.. So I probably don't lol