Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Panther G's first Combat

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2010, 10:46 AM
blitzkrieg65

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Panther G's first Combat

Here's a video of HL Panther G in its first IR Combat, found out some little issues, but over all its a decent battler!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xOQ9oEgAsE

The Blitz
Old 12-15-2010, 09:41 AM
thecommander

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Panther G's first Combat

Hi Phil,

Thank Panther looked great. It looks just like an expensive Tamiya. I like you battlfield grass topped buildings too. I hope that you can bring that with you to the Tank Extravaganza in VA at the end of April. It looks like it will do well in battle. The KV1 and the Walker that I broght last spring both did very well in battle. I know that Joe (Yellowshaker) and the rest of the NEAD guys are looking forward to meeting and battling with you. It should be a fantastic event. I have a HL Panther G and a JP that I'm converting to TBU or DBU. I want to use the H L hulls and have interchangable tops for the G and JP. I did this last winter with my Tamiya Panther and JP (before I sold it to Frank- the gas-passer). I don't know if I'm going to go Tamiya w/tbs, DBU or may be a Tamiya compatable ElMod. Are any of the other San Diego area tankers going to come with you to Danville?

Bob, thecommandernj
Old 12-17-2010, 07:38 AM
blitzkrieg65

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Panther G's first Combat

ORIGINAL: thecommander

Hi Phil,

Thank Panther looked great. It looks just like an expensive Tamiya. I like you battlfield grass topped buildings too. I hope that you can bring that with you to the Tank Extravaganza in VA at the end of April. It looks like it will do well in battle. The KV1 and the Walker that I broght last spring both did very well in battle. I know that Joe (Yellowshaker) and the rest of the NEAD guys are looking forward to meeting and battling with you. It should be a fantastic event. I have a HL Panther G and a JP that I'm converting to TBU or DBU. I want to use the H L hulls and have interchangable tops for the G and JP. I did this last winter with my Tamiya Panther and JP (before I sold it to Frank- the gas-passer). I don't know if I'm going to go Tamiya w/tbs, DBU or may be a Tamiya compatable ElMod. Are any of the other San Diego area tankers going to come with you to Danville?

Bob, thecommandernj

Hey Bob,

I hope you guys have all the building set up out there at the Extravaganza, I'll be pressed enough to just get 2 or 3 tanks to battle with!

Maybe if Mortak ( David ) comes with me he can bring his buildings, at our last club meet I brought up the trip! No other takers yet but its a ways away.

Out of all my videos, I have probably watched this one the most as during the IR Battle part it was 2 against 3, David with his Tamiya King Tiger, you can only see the barrel far lower right in the video, but you can here the sounds. And me with my EL MODed HL Panther G, vs 2 HL Pershings with the DBC/DBU and a Walker Bulldog with the DBC/DBU. The Walker bulldog makes a high pictch metal sound when hit, and one of the Pershings the guys yell out when getting hit. So I was trying to figure out if David is hitting the Pershing that is visible in the background and is that my shots making the clank on the Wlaker Bulldog? I think I hit the Walker Bulldog twice and David gets the kill shots and at the same time the Pershing in the background it taking shots?

The Blitz
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mj24538.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	171.6 KB
ID:	1535190   Click image for larger version

Name:	Us53729.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	157.9 KB
ID:	1535191