Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Fire sound and recoil triggered by the airsoft gun?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Fire sound and recoil triggered by the airsoft gun?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2010, 06:18 PM
spinnetti

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Fire sound and recoil triggered by the airsoft gun?

Ok you 'lectronic experten, need some advice here. Had my tank only a few days now, and am already starting the mods (had to as much of it didn't even work!). Its a HL Jagdpanther with airsoft, smoke, metal tracks, drive and idler and gearbox.

Here's what I wanna do:
> Theres a button on the TX to "fire" the main gun. What I want to do is have that buton fire the airsoft gun (instead of the left stick up thing).
> I also want the firing of the airsoft gun to trigger the fire effect and recoil Since there is a big lag, when firing the airsoft, I figured I could work in a momentary contact switch on the firing mech.

How do I get that to trigger the sound/recoil thing? (has to stay on long enough to play the entire "fire" sound). Is there some way to "manuall" trigger the recoil action and sound effect on the controller?

Thanks..

PS
As a bonus, I'd like to figure out how to change the recoil effect by just putting a small negative voltage to the motors briefly which would either retard forward motion or make it rock back if stationary. I don't like the stock recoil that both jerks it back AND forwards..
Old 12-17-2010, 09:08 PM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Fire sound and recoil triggered by the airsoft gun?

Tall order. You would need to have a mechical contact switch mounted on the airsoft gun. When the iarsoft fires and springs ahead this contact switch would have to trigger the cricuit on the tank that plays the shot sound and recoils the tank. I don't know where on the board you would tie in electrically to make this happen though, but someone might.
Old 12-18-2010, 12:09 AM
204sailor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Fire sound and recoil triggered by the airsoft gun?

Spinnetti, The fastest way to prevent the tank from jerking back and forth during recoil is to order a recoil blocker from" Welsh Dragon" in the U.K. It is wired between the RX18 board and the tank motors and the price is around $23-$25 USdollars.I forgot the shipping cost but it was worth it and he ships quick.
It installs easily and gets rid of that "jump" everytime you fire the gun.

Charlie

Just looked the blocker up.It` s called ARM-02 module but he`s temporarily out of stock.It`s made by a company in Germany called Tank Modellbau who
supplies Welsh Dragon models in the UK.You could e-mail Welsh Dragons to find out when they might expect them in.