Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

1:12th scale abrams, any mods, any upgrades?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

1:12th scale abrams, any mods, any upgrades?

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2010, 08:27 PM
diabolic-mind

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1:12th scale abrams, any mods, any upgrades?

hey guys i picked up one of these on trade. i know most if not all of you think there crap. im not very impressed with it either. i was wondering if there were any mods, or upgrades for it? mine seems to have something wrong with it as it moves very very slowly even after a fresh charge. any thoughts on whats up? i hear a clicking type of sound. it does move but its very very slowly. i think the tracks are way to tight and im wondering if theres a way to loosen them up. any info would be great, thanks

http://www.bananahobby.com/1139.html
Old 12-18-2010, 08:50 PM
BIGMIG

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 1:12th scale abrams, any mods, any upgrades?

Go down to the bottom of the page and type in the search window ( 1/12 Abrams tank ) And you will find all kinds of info

BIGMIG
Old 12-18-2010, 09:33 PM
diabolic-mind

there isnt really a heck of alot of info out there for it. i got it on trade thinking it would be somewhat fun to drive. but its just much to slow, and the controls are very jerky. im going to try selling it for whatever i can get for it and use the money towards ordering another hl tank. the hl tanks seem to be the best value for the money
Old 12-18-2010, 10:24 PM
BIGMIG

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well there is kind of two kinds of people who buy those tanks.Those that don't know what they are buying and what they will get,and those who buy them to tear out all the guts and feathers and make them into a pretty good 1/12 scale tank.

BIGMIG

P.S. I have four of them-
Old 12-18-2010, 11:14 PM
diabolic-mind

yeah ive read your post on it. i got it on trade and said what the heck, ill give it a try. after charging the battery and taking it out i knew it was "el-crappo". im not to surprised considering it has a price tag of just 70 bucks. i might gut it out and use its parts towards other projects i have sitting around but im probably going to sell it and order another hl tank