Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Pershing sounds on Benedini(now with video)

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Pershing sounds on Benedini(now with video)

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2010, 12:56 AM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Pershing sounds on Benedini(now with video)

OK I am going to have to tease you a bit. My wife damn near kicked me out of the house with this sound set, so I had to shut it down until tomorrow when I can video it.

Anybody who puts an amp onto this set up must be deaf!!!!!!! I was afraid I was going to wake up the neighbors.

Anyway, I will have some high revving Big block Ford for you tomorrow. My daughter comes down stairs, with a big smile on her face, and says Dad, this has got to stop!!!!

Now this big block Ford will be coming out of my Jagd, but I am just building a complete range of sounds for all the tanks so the Jag is the test bed. I think you are going to like this.

Edit

Added

I didn`t reset the throttle position. The Benedini sytem allows you to set where the sound starts in relation to the drive. In this case I have it set too high, and need to back it off a bit so the tank moves a little sooner. These sounds were harvested off of a You tube video of a Pershing
Man those things revved high when in motion.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FntDnB6E3w[/youtube]
Old 12-19-2010, 05:17 AM
pattoncommander

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Pershing sounds on Benedini(now with video)

anxious to hear it Dan. Might be somethig I can use in four of my Israeli Shermans. who carries it?
Bill
Old 12-19-2010, 06:23 AM
YHR

A word of caution to anyone reading what I am doing. These do not work with standard HL electronics. This sound card interfaces with a hobby grade receiver, and interfaces through the throttle servo.
Old 12-19-2010, 08:09 AM
YHR

I am just waiting for people to wake up around here, so I can video this pershing sound. When I was playing with this last night, I have to tell you it took my back 35 years when I used to work on oil field service rigs. The revving big block, just screaming as you were tripping pipe out of the hole trying to get all the HP to the blocks. None of this Desiel electric stuff, just raw power.

In the olifield you do something called fracìng. This is where you pump gelled fluid full of sand into the formations to fracture the formation and prop it open using sand. Back when I started this they still used Merlin engines on the frac pumpers. (guess were they came from) It was a site to behold. 15 frac pumpers with merlin engines roaring to life, pumping fluid at 6 bbls a minute at about 6000 psi. You could not be there and not be in awe of what was happening. Burping, barking, merlins being started and warmed up. All the radio charter betweee pump operators, and then it was go time. The wellhead would be opened up and you would start pumping. THe ground would shake as these merlins roared to life, trucks jumping, equipment being running at its limit. It was an adreneline rush to say the least.

I was told there was no limit to how much horsepower a Merlin would develop, The more throttle you gave it the more power it would put out , until its destruction.!!!!! hahahaha. THose were the days.

Anyway. What I heard last night coming out of my Jag D reminded me just a bit of that last night. When my daughter came down I had a smile on my face ear to ear, as these memories were rekindled hearing that roaring sound again. Ask me again why I have fallen in love this hobby, and all the things it has to offer.

Dan