Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Sevoblast has Santa connections

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Sevoblast has Santa connections

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2010, 08:29 AM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Sevoblast has Santa connections

Well for the first time in a long time my family decided that buying me something hobby related was in fact a good thing to do. So my bride did indeed hear my requests, and saw the open ETO webpage and decided that she should put one of these under the tree.

Nobody let on, and right until gift opening the family had smug smiles as dad opened up underware, socks, etc. No more presents, No tank, then as the last present opened, out comes a gift big enough to be a tank.!!!!

Sure enough, the wrapping came off, and I was the proud owner of a T-55. Nice packaging , good presentation, but man did the box rattle a lot.

I took it down to the work shop, and opend it up. Nice vacuum formed plastic packing for the metal suspention pieces. Open up a box with the transmissions, and the turret motors, all good,

So now I lift up that cardboard insert to see what lies beneath, and shock.

Some customs person had opened, about 80% of the parts bags, and dumped them in the box, and then threw in the empty bags. I, at first was angry, and then felt sorry for the individual who had done this. I can only imagine the cricumstances in this person's life to lead them to such an attitude. Not to sound to cocky, but I am at least happy it happened to me, and not some newbie. As a person who strips down Heng Longs down to parts the instance I purchase them, seeing loose screws with no identification bags, is something I am accustomed to. I won't let this rain on my Christmas wish. Sevoblast has already assured me that any missing parts, will most likely be available from Hooben. All the major componets seem to be there, so this should be just an exercise of sorting.!!!!!!!!

So now I have a T-55 and a Cromwell to build this year. Stay tuned!!!!!!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt57343.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	91.9 KB
ID:	1538120  
Old 12-25-2010, 08:40 AM
harleridr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Sevoblast has Santa connections

Hi Merry Christmas
I guess that is what happens when someone who has too little intelligence too much authority. Hope all turns out well.
Harle
Old 12-25-2010, 09:06 AM
diabolic-mind

merry christmas, sorry to hear about that. that makes me angry, and is the reason why i wont order anything that has to be shipped over the border. i heard customs can be A-holes and id rather not have them go tearing through my stuff. keep us posted on the build progress, and more pics to please
Old 12-25-2010, 09:33 AM
yellowshaker
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Merry Christmas Dan. I'm happy that you found what you wanted under the tree. I am amazed at the sheeer stupidity and lack of conscience of some people though. I cannot believe soemone would do that...

Old 12-25-2010, 09:59 AM
sevoblast

Received 54 Likes on 40 Posts

Well, Dan, we were all bursting with anticipation for the look on your face when you got the box. Of course I was the picture of innocence for quite some time...LOL.

Any parts that are missing, just drop me an email and I'll get them from Hooben asap. Enjoy the build, and any questions, again just email. I'm chewing on the JT today and tomorrow, but Monday it's back to the T 55. I finally found some ABS glue in this berg, so now I can to the plastics. Only 25 or so shops and kiosks were visited to find the glue.....at a paint kiosk at 5 Kilometer Market of all places.
Old 12-25-2010, 11:02 AM
Flyn Chris

Well that was a great present from your family, just too bad about the customs p___k.
Old 12-25-2010, 11:05 AM
Panther G

I got a piece of coal and a watch.
Old 12-25-2010, 11:52 AM
swathdiver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Merry Christmas Dan! Enjoy the build and we'll enjoy watching you build it!
Old 12-25-2010, 12:04 PM
YHR

Got all the parts sorted. Looks like I am four track links short. My 90 year old mom likes building puzzles. I showed her how to link the track together and pin them. SO she sat at the table with me, and we got both sets of tracks done over a couple cups of coffee.!!!!.. Tedius part is done, now just some plain building fun.

Washing the parts, and a coat of white paint on the interior is next on the agenda.

Merry Christmas

Dan
Old 12-26-2010, 12:05 AM
EugeniRUS

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I thought only Russian customs officers are that stupid and pompous. Sorry about what happened. Let that "individual" burn in RC tank hell!
Old 12-26-2010, 12:39 AM
sevoblast

Received 54 Likes on 40 Posts

Never had that happen here, with all the parcels I sent and have had sent here.

However, I did have a small parcel of PE tools held in Kiev for two weeks while three 'experts' inspected them to see what they actually were. After the two weeks, the 'experts' affixed their stamps do an 'Official Report', duly read and approved by their superior with his signature and stamp, that the three boxes in the larger box were indeed "three boxes full of metal". The girls at our tiny Post and we laughed ourselves to tears. The girls asked for and received permission to make a copy of the "Official Report", said copy now on framed display on the Post Office wall. And I must admit that although they removed every single part from each box and examined it, they also very carefully put everything back where it belonged.
Old 12-26-2010, 05:19 AM
YHR

ORIGINAL: diabolic-mind

merry christmas, sorry to hear about that. that makes me angry, and is the reason why i wont order anything that has to be shipped over the border. i heard customs can be A-holes and id rather not have them go tearing through my stuff. keep us posted on the build progress, and more pics to please

This is a first event for me after years of international shopping. I would not let my one bad experience let you worry. Someone was having a bad day.

This is a nice tank and will probably end up as Iraqi armor when I am done. Spent a little time just doing some research. Maybe some enigma armor casting is in my future.

Old 12-26-2010, 11:45 AM
Perry S.

I think you may be looking at it wrong. The customs guy probably was really bored and inspected your package right before an extended break. Spent the next 2 hrs assembling stuff to unwind. Got it about half built then had to take it apart and put it back in the box. He later left the break room with his Christmas spirit rejuvenated and happy. So happy in fact he packed up the hunting rifle he took to work and went home and ordered one for himself.

Christmas saved...thanks to you.

Perry
Old 12-26-2010, 03:22 PM
YHR

ORIGINAL: Perry S.

I think you may be looking at it wrong. The customs guy probably was really bored and inspected your package right before an extended break. Spent the next 2 hrs assembling stuff to unwind. Got it about half built then had to take it apart and put it back in the box. He later left the break room with his Christmas spirit rejuvenated and happy. So happy in fact he packed up the hunting rifle he took to work and went home and ordered one for himself.

Christmas saved...thanks to you.

Perry

LOL Well you just never know!!!!
Old 12-26-2010, 03:31 PM
yellowshaker
My Feedback: (1)

So, when does the build thread start, Dan?