Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Release date for Heng Long's King Tiger?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Release date for Heng Long's King Tiger?

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2010, 11:12 AM
Gerula

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Release date for Heng Long's King Tiger?

http://henglong.tsdn.net/eng/ShowProduct.aspx?ID=1336

No details yet aboutquantityfor bulk saleand so on, therefore I presume it's not available yet. On the other hand, same happens with the Panther G http://henglong.tsdn.net/eng/ShowProduct.aspx?ID=506, so maybe it's just an outdated web site.

Anyone knows if Heng Long announced any release date for their KT?
Old 12-28-2010, 11:25 AM
Glen B

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Release date for Heng Long's King Tiger?

At the Toronto Hobby Show, Nov. 2010, I was told that we might see them in Canada in Feb. 2011.

I was told this after asking about it but I was also told it was an approximate time period, so I cannot say how accurate the prediction is, I guess we'll see in 30 to 60 days

From that link, it looks like they chose to use the Porsche turret instead of theHenschel turret.
Old 12-28-2010, 11:39 AM
modelbob71

If itis going to have the Porsche turret it better have zimmert on it! modelbob71
Old 12-28-2010, 12:06 PM
Glen B

I was kind of hoping for the Henschel turret.
Old 12-28-2010, 03:33 PM
Rebellion13

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

I am still waiting for word on when they will be releasing their tanks in kit form []

Cheers,
Wade
Old 12-28-2010, 09:59 PM
RSEA

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, well.. Porsche Turm KT with one-piece gun barrel and binocular gun site. The "prototype" model wears a cammo scheme very similar to the box illustration for the Tamiya Porsche KT static kit. Except, in classic Heng Long / Matorro fashion, it looks terrible (I don't like their choice of colors). The Tamiya static kit has a two-piece barrel and monocular gun site, so HL are trying to be a little different..

Maybe they will be available in time for people to recreate their own Normandie invasion defense this summer! Also, perhaps a cheaper source of a Porsche Turret for a F/O Tamiya conversion, than buying the discontinued Tamiya static kit (which I already have..) Plus you'd get some turret mechanism units that my static kit doesn't include.

As notorious as the Tamiya F/O KT is for breaking and throwing tracks, it will be interesting to see how well the HL KT will do in that department. Maybe the Matorro KT wasn't that bad with tracks, I never saw one running in person.
Old 12-28-2010, 10:13 PM
pcomm1

No fan of zimmerit and not all Tiger IIs with the Porsche turret had zimmerit. To that end I think Imay model prototype number 2 for 2011. Collected all the parts to do a Tamiya f/o + TBU static conversion.
Old 12-28-2010, 10:35 PM
RSEA

C4, I hate you..

You have all the parts collected and mine just sits in the box, with no RC parts yet available in my inventory for the conversion. I'm afraid my Tiger will be on its own to defend the Reich this Spring.. I suspect there will be Russian tanks multiplying like rabbits on my battlefield in the coming months as well. I just won't be the owner of any of them lol.

Good luck with your conversion, maybe someone will buy it for $1500 when your done with it.
Old 12-29-2010, 02:09 AM
pcomm1

OK then, maybe the Porsche Tiger II build will motivate you to get going. And maybe, I will sell the Porsche Tiger II when completed. I'll let you know if it goes to eBay, which is another good part of the rc tank amusement.

Building, finishing plus the rc tank setup process has become the most interesting part of my hobby involvement. Concurrently, I am going to build the newly released Tamiya Leo A4 as a f/o model and thinking about the T-55A later. The profit on these builds ranges from -5 to +15 percent and I do it for fun. They take about 90 to 100 days of off and on build fun. Not interested in commission assignments, this is just a hobby that I like.

I was up to 7 Tamiya tanks and that was not enjoyable. In 2010 I sold off the Tamiya Panther G, Tiger IE, KV-1, Pershing and Nick's M36B-1 TD finished hull and turret. Other than the M36, those models went to Danville participants, so I build with the flash in the barrel now, so I don't have to go back in and install one. The Tamiya KV-1 was my best team effort build to date because of all the fine work Daryl Turner did to it But when finished, I found I do not like the looks of WWII Soviet tanks, though the Tamiya KV-1 model performs and works great. So, my keepers for now are the Jagd, Pz4 and the 105 Sherman, mostly because I just like them as models.
Old 12-29-2010, 08:08 AM
dundee2007

Hi guys anyone kow if the Heng Long King Tiger is gonna be sell in Europe.....? end when dates....???? Thats my Favorite I want to buy one.....
Old 12-29-2010, 08:29 AM
Gerula

It only matters the release date at the Heng Long factory door
From there it's up to the various importers.

ORIGINAL: C4ISTAR

I found I do not like the looks of WWII Soviet tanks

+1 here. Irefused to buy a brand new HL KV-1 for 69$ +shipping lol The damn thing is just hands down ugly.
Old 12-29-2010, 01:41 PM
modelbob71

Sorry to disapoint you C-41 but all production Tiger IIs with the Porsche turret had zimmert. Zimmert was not discontinued untill September 1944.
Only V1,V2,and V3 (prototypes) did not have zimmert. modelbob71
Old 12-30-2010, 01:07 AM
PanzerAce
My Feedback: (1)

If all had zimmerit, then what it to be made of the above museum photograph??? Clearly shows a porchse turret KT without zimmerit coating.[:-]
Old 12-30-2010, 05:48 AM
Bagheera

I'm just hoping to afford one next year. Money will be a we bit tight next year.

Happy New Year

John
Old 12-30-2010, 08:09 AM
dyeager535
My Feedback: (1)

The caption from that museum photo states that it's prototype V2.

Interesting thing (to me) about the HL King Tiger picture in the link, is that even under the close up view, I can't find the seam between the upper and lower hull!

On top of that, the screw recesses through the lower portion of the hull in front are interesting too.

Just insignificant mysteries to ponder awaiting the arrival date of one of these things.

Oh, and I concur, why do they even bother painting these things? I suppose it does appeal more as a toy if it's got at least some sort of paint scheme on it, getting an extra demographic or two buying.
Old 12-30-2010, 03:19 PM
Panther G

I wish they would get on with it. I wouldn't mind picking one of these up.Whats a tank collection without a KT.
Old 01-01-2011, 10:17 AM
dundee2007

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isJPW...eature=related
Old 01-01-2011, 11:16 AM
karel47

Not treu not all Tiger II Porsche Turrets had zimmerit, a few were without, just as the two piece barrel of the henshell was mounted only in four porsche turrets at the end, that's the tamiya porsche turret on 1/16
more then enough documentation aviable on the internet, go search don't geuss