Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

walker bulldog, getting re-worked

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

walker bulldog, getting re-worked

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2011, 03:05 PM
diabolic-mind

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default walker bulldog, getting re-worked

hey guys, i currently have my bulldog pulled completely apart. the only thing that is still located in its factory location is the drive train. i removed the airsoft gun and have the barrel re-connected so that i still have barrel elevation control. im working right now on getting most of the electronics located up inside the turret as to keep them out of waters way. sofar i got the reciever located in the turret. ill get some pics up of it all when its done. you should see how many parts there is to this bad boy when its in pieces. half my couch and my whole coffee table are covered in tank bits lol. ill post back soon
Old 01-01-2011, 03:42 PM
harleridr

Default RE: walker bulldog, getting re-worked

Hi
I received my M41 from Phil about a week before you And am in the process of going through it as well. I also play with boats and a quick fix is to put the electronics into a balloon and secure the opening where the wiring harness with a rubber band, it works great. Harle
Old 01-01-2011, 04:00 PM
pattoncommander

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

While you're at it, may as well change the gun tube. (In military terminology, tanks do not have barrels, they are called gun tubes.) The gun is more like a 105mm and out of scale with the tank's 76mm due to the airsoft BB thing. . An aluminum 17 pounder works nice.
Old 01-01-2011, 04:11 PM
diabolic-mind

the turret is already re-assembled. plus i dont have the cash for changing the barrel. and im not 100% concerned with making it true to scale. im debating however on dropping the gun elevation control all together just to have the extra room in the turret for the electronics. without the motor assembly in there for raising the and lowering the barrel i could have everything in the turret and leave just the speaker and drivetrain in the lower hull.

does anyone know if a 4 ohm speaker is safe to use in the bulldog? i got a 2.5 inch JBL speaker that is 4 ohm that has awesome sound quality, just wondering if it would harm the electronics or not. thanks