Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Selling Creeping Death Pzkw Mk. III

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Selling Creeping Death Pzkw Mk. III

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2011, 09:08 PM
rifleshooter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Selling Creeping Death Pzkw Mk. III

Offered for sale is a Creeping Death-modified Heng Long Pzkw Mk. III, in Afrika Korps desert colors. This is a modified tank, from Heng Long’s top-of-the-line models: Metal gears, 10-speeds forward and backward (therefore true digitally proportional acceleration), smoke and sound, etc.
Creeping Death (when they were still in business) modified the airsoft guns in these to shoot at 170 fps (as opposed to the stock 100 fps guns) and for the gun tube to recoil, a feature they called “Tru-Recoil.” I can attest to the gun’s velocity being high (I do not have a chronograph, but you cannot see the BB as it leaves the barrel and if you get hit you will know it for sure, as it stings you pretty durn good). The machine gun was replaced by a laser and can be used for a rough aiming point (I doubt Creeping Death had much experience collimating the laser sight with the main gun, LOL). A mildly skilled hobbyist could successfully re-aim the laser to always be 1” right of the bore and have a useful tool for aiming purposes.
I have never opened the tank in any way other than taking off the battery cover to replace the battery.
I have purchased for the unit a NiMH battery charger and two 3epower Championship Series 3600 mAh batteries (7.2v); they give a very long run time to the tank (so long, in fact, I have not had enough patience to run one down totally, in excess of 45 minutes). Aside from roughing up some track pins to prevent track pin separation and throwing a track, I have not modified the tank in any way. It has been in dirt perhaps 7 times and never seen mud.
Known problems: I have lost the loading hatch for the BBs – see pictures. Also, the Heng Long smoker unit (not surprisingly) is not emitting smoke.
Offered for sale for $140 shipped, or trade for a high-quality tripod with head (Manfrotto/Bogen, Silk 700DX Pro – that sort), or this riflescope + I give you $40.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	hf99202.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	338.7 KB
ID:	1543065   Click image for larger version

Name:	lg17430.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	326.4 KB
ID:	1543066   Click image for larger version

Name:	qv54933.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	272.0 KB
ID:	1543067   Click image for larger version

Name:	yr47816.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	308.3 KB
ID:	1543068  
Old 01-06-2011, 12:54 AM
Ern

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Selling Creeping Death Pzkw Mk. III

Consider it sold... I just saw it listed in the classifieds and placed an offer. Let me know.

Thanks,
Ernie