Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

A shout out to AAF Tank Museum

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

A shout out to AAF Tank Museum

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2011, 08:47 PM
RedMike

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A shout out to AAF Tank Museum

Talk about over deliver regarding service. I ordered a Tamiya Leo 2A6 from aaf tank museum and boy, was I surprised. The lady I dealt with was very friendly and got my order shipped the same day I placed the order. Also, the price was great. I placed the order on Monday, received Thursday. Upon openning the box, there was a genuine AAF Tank Museum sticker and the best part, are you sitting down? A "Thank You" letter was enclosed. By this point, I am almost in tears between great service, great price, sticker, thank you letter, fast shipping, fast delivery and the great Tamiya box art master piece, I have to quit here because I can only bet let down from here. There is no where to go, but, down. I know there is a lot of online offerings, but, with aaf tank museum's great prices and service, I will support them.
Old 01-06-2011, 09:31 PM
yellowshaker
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: A shout out to AAF Tank Museum

Karen and Natasha are great to deal with. The AAF museum has some of the best service you will find and it's nice to see someone put it in writing. I ordered quite a few Tamiya tank parts from them and they are always polite and fast and priced right. Good deal! Now..how about that build thread?
Old 01-06-2011, 10:04 PM
Dana Lowell

Yes, they are the best asset we have for building our little hobby.
I will see Karen tomorrow at the Fun Run, so I'll be sure she sees your nice note.

Old 01-07-2011, 03:50 AM
Onondaga

One of the many highlights of any trip to the Tank Musuem is the loooooong stroll through the Tank Gift Shop... ah heaven
Old 01-07-2011, 05:40 AM
heavyaslead

Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts

And if you can make it to the Museum for one of their tank events, bring a hanke, it will surely make you cry with joy as the family atmosphere and hospitality of the museum operations is top notch.

Truely one of the best advocates around.
Old 01-07-2011, 06:35 AM
borabora22
My Feedback: (6)

I agree. I have ordered two tanks from them and had a similar experience. Nice people. They should be congratulated for what they are doing. I don't know how they got started selling Tamiya tanks and battlefields etc but it shows good judgement in developing goodwill for their museum. Over time I am sure it will help their museum. It makes you feel good that in some small way you contributed to their museum. A win/win. I want to purchase a new Leopard from them but currently it just isn't in the cards. My wife seems to think we need new flooring in the kitchen and laundry room. Isn't a 25 year old floor just developing character?
Old 01-07-2011, 10:09 AM
girltankette

Thank you Redmike, yellowshaker, Dana, Onondaga, heavyaslead, & borabora22 for all the kind words concerning our customer service.  We appreciate our customers and go out of our way to give them the best we can. Plus RC Tankers Rock!

Borabora, we got started selling Tamiya kits and parts after we built the battlefield with the help of many RC Tankers.  We felt that the battlefield would be a win/win for both the local tankers and a great draw for museum visitors.  After the first few months we had many tankers join the battlefield with some coming a long way to have fun.  But it is not fun after driving 4 to 8 hours and get your  tank on the field just to have something break right from the start ( does not make for a happy tanker), so that is when we started carrying the parts. At that point there was only the <place><city>Sherman</city></place>, M26 Pershing, Tiger and King Tiger out so the most breakable parts I stocked for the RC tankers on the field (recoil units, gear boxes, tracks, elevation etc.). Many of the local RC tankers let it be known that we carry the parts and we started to see outside orders. We set up our website PX gift shop and the rest is history – as more kits became available we would stock them and their parts and it got to the point where we now have a 12’ X 14’ peg board room set aside just for the RC kit parts and it is tight so we may be expanding again. 

We stock many Tamiya (1/35<sup>th</sup>) military models, some VS tanks (1/24<sup>th</sup>) and we are looking at stocking the 1/35<sup>th</sup> RC Tamiya tanks as we have had many inquiries about them.  All the profits from sales go directly into the support of the museum.

Thank you again for the kind words and support; Preserving the Memories for present and future generations.

Keep on Tankin

Karen, Natasha and the Museum Crew

Old 01-07-2011, 04:04 PM
yellowshaker
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You have an amazing establishment and all that you do is greatly appreciated by all of us tankers. I am hoping to make the April meet and finally get to meet the staff in person. Thanks for all you do.
Old 01-07-2011, 04:15 PM
Imnotanace

I will also put in my 2cents I orderd my KT from them ,and like was said great service ,friendly ,fast . I felt like I knew Karen a long time and that was the first time I had talked to her. Makes you feel right at home . Keep It up

Ron
Old 01-07-2011, 11:14 PM
Rebellion13

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

I will 2nd, 3rd,and 4th the aforementioned comments. I have dealt with these two in the past, and nothing but great service, fast shipping and even had some shipping charges credited to my card. Top of the line service. Kudo's

Cheers,
Wade