Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

heng long tiger 1 1/16th idler wheel

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

heng long tiger 1 1/16th idler wheel

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2011, 04:46 PM
katokato

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default heng long tiger 1 1/16th idler wheel

the teeth of the tracks keep going inside the idler wheel groves, i got it back into correct position but it keeps going back inbetween the grooves.
how do i fix this?
Old 01-08-2011, 04:57 PM
Fireman Tim
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: heng long tiger 1 1/16th idler wheel

Yes, welcome to the Heng Long Tiger []. It happens to most of them, it drove me mad.

Talk to Phil at rctankwars.com for a rear tensioner to fix it. I used the asiatam one and was not happy with it.
Old 01-08-2011, 05:03 PM
katokato

this only happens \with the right track. just more info.
Old 01-08-2011, 05:12 PM
yellowshaker
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yep, Tiger's do suffer from this without a tensioner. Get the one Phil sells with the bar going  across the hull to stop flex. It worls great!
Old 01-08-2011, 10:08 PM
katokato

can you give me more information on how the tensioner works? and how do i install it?
Old 01-08-2011, 10:13 PM
katokato

can you give me more information on how the tensioner works? and how do i install it?
Old 01-09-2011, 08:26 AM
CHIEFSONN

Although i do not have this on my tiger I's @ this time but do plan to install them, Phill @ rc tank wars sells a track tensioner with the support rod $48.00 that will give the tank added strength and support @ the rear so your body will have no flex. What you need to do to install it on the tank is ready,top remove tracks and idler removed,you need to cut off the plastic mount for the idler, inlarge existing hole,place the washer that holds the the adjuster that holds the axle mark the holes fo the mounting screws (2) i belive on each side. Then do the same on the other side. install the cross bar install the idler and track then make adjustments.with track adjusted remove pin from tracks remove tracks install top install the track, holding the ends together on the drive sprocket install the pins from the inside/out. hope this helps.
Old 01-09-2011, 09:36 AM
Wozwasnt

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

My Tiger doesnt throw its tracks without a rear tensioner.

The reason the track pops off the idler is if the idler isn't inline with the wheels, it isn't in tightly and wobbles or the suspension arms flex out. These can be sorted with a some bolts and angled aluminium, milliput (two part epoxy resin) from a DIY shop and a bit of drilling.

Glue the alluminium down each side of the hull (inside), this'll help stop the hull flexing. Fill the suspesion arms with milliput to make them stiffer (or buy metal suspension arms) and use bolts to attatch them to the hull. Use A long thin bolt to attatch the idler wheel.

If you using metal tracks it may be a good idea to use a U shaped alluminum and run the bolts through both sides.
Old 01-10-2011, 06:27 PM
katokato

i dont really understand the instructions, because i just got into the tank hobby around a few weeks ago, and i really dont know what to do. i guess i will open up the tank just to see what it looks like from the inside and then ill look around the forum for previous threads.

by the way, how do i open the tank?

Old 01-10-2011, 09:12 PM
CHIEFSONN

Do that check the sites see what you can pick up that will help you to better understand the tank.and if you still need help ask and someone will help walk you through it.