Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Anyone ever upgrade the Vstankpro tanks?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Anyone ever upgrade the Vstankpro tanks?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2011, 12:55 AM
siam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone ever upgrade the Vstankpro tanks?

Hello all,
I am curious to know whether someone ever upgrade the VsTankpro (VSP) before, and if sohow does the results?
I have 4 tanks, one of them is 1/24 Tiger1 VSP,I ran it on grass oh not niceand I 've foundthat there are very few upgrading parts and none of upgrading motors available.
May be you guys will tell me to forget it and try the bigger 1/16 tanks but I've just want to make sure that there are no clues before look for others.
Thanks a lot in advance for any comment.

Old 01-12-2011, 06:54 AM
siam

Default RE: Anyone ever upgrade the Vstankpro tanks?

By the way I just wanna say that the upgrading that I wanna do is just enabling my tank to run nice on grass for example at least she should
do a neutral turning on 2 inches tall grass. I could not find any upgrading thing such as low ratio reduction gearboxes or  stronger motors.

Old 01-12-2011, 10:46 AM
Fireman Tim
My Feedback: (3)

As far as I know, there are no motor upgrades for Vstanks. When I run my vstanks outside, I run them in very, very short grass or in the dirt.
Old 01-12-2011, 10:47 AM
Panther G

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The 1:24 scale really is just not big enough for running on grass. That ability only comes from size and weight. 
  One thing you could try would be to add some lead stick on wheel weight to the in side of one of your tanks and see if it helps. 
I would not go crazy though as i don't know what kind of amperage draw the Vs electronics are capable of handling as weight will draw more amperage.
Old 01-12-2011, 06:19 PM
siam

Thank you gentlemen,
    I 'll play her indoor [], And when I go out I'll bring good old friend1/16 Heng Long instead but for the sake of fairness ,the stock HLs couldn't
run nice on grass neither but with 3:1 gearboxes and stock 380 motors they could even pivot on tank hull height tall grass.
    I love this VSP Tiger1 because it's the new year present given to me by my dear son, he is working and staying at the place which is 200 kms. far from bangkok but he spent many many trips to bangkok just for finding and buying this tank for me.
Thank you once again,
Samattapol.