Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Article in RC Car Action Magazine

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Article in RC Car Action Magazine

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2011, 05:39 PM
Rebellion13

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts
Default Article in RC Car Action Magazine

I just picked up the new RC Car Action and there is a two page article about rc tanks. Nothing in the article that would be new to most of us, but it is about time that a main stream rc magazine includes this aspect of the rc hobby. It was nicely done, and focuses on mostly the tamiya brand. And the KT featured in it does look pretty darn nice.

Cheers,
Wade
Old 01-12-2011, 06:09 PM
shenlonco
My Feedback: (2)

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Default RE: Article in RC Car Action Magazine

ORIGINAL: Rebellion13

I just picked up the new RC Car Action and there is a two page article about rc tanks. Nothing in the article that would be new to most of us, but it is about time that a main stream rc magazine includes this aspect of the rc hobby. It was nicely done, and focuses on mostly the tamiya brand. And the KT featured in it does look pretty darn nice.

Cheers,
Wade
Don't surprise me at all RC tanks over the past 5 years have gotten real populer since the releases of the 1/16 scale Heng long tanks that sell for around $130.00 to $150.00 it boomed the tank scene and actually is what made tamiya produce many new 1/16 tank models do to the overwelming popularity of RC tanks.

Tanks could be a lot of fun now you can have get togethers and do airsoft tank battles or tamiya IR tank battles like laser tag but in tanks.... you can even buy a tamiya IR compatable system and put it in a cheap Heng long tank and have tank battles with the cheaper heng long tanks right aling side with the tamiya tanks.
Lots of tank clubs are formed and tankers can join in and do battles.

Here is some video of the club i am in NEAD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pm_fsS7A14
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R67aR4WgemQ
Old 01-12-2011, 07:16 PM
dyeager535
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Article in RC Car Action Magazine

To be fair, I haven't read the article, but if they didn't mention any of what you talk about Shen, it's a real shame. I can see a guy with a fancy RC car being interested enough to buy a $150 tank just to try it out, but the $500+ for a Tamiya is going to be a lot tougher sale.

I know, I sold my HL Tauchpanzer to my buddy with a bevvy of fast RC cars. I guarantee he would have had no interest at the Tamiya price range.

Maybe later on they will go for the quality of Tamiya, but you've gotta get them into the market first, however possible.