Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Are you ready for a Winter RC tank battle???

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Are you ready for a Winter RC tank battle???

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2011, 11:13 AM
thecommander

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Are you ready for a Winter RC tank battle???

We have had over 3 feet of snow thusfar and my tanks are itching to fight. I hope you NEAD guys are ready for some fun in the snow. We have been talking about this since the November battleday. I invite any tankers who are in the NYC metro area to contact me about attending. We will be at Sherry Field, Westwood, NJ 07675 this Sunday 1-16-11 at 10 AM. Just google the intersection of Lafayette Avenue & Cardinal Lane, Westwood, NJ and a nice pic of the park and ballfields should pop up. It is 2 miles off the garden State Parkway, exit 168, in Bergen County, NJ. Bring a table & chair, some warm boots, clothes and gloves, plus lunch money when we order out. A thermos with a hot beverage would be a great idea too. Please bring whatever static model you have for the battlefield as well as new buildings. I will bring my two hotels and a new SS Headquarters. As for Tamiya battletanks I will have two Jagdtigers, a Stugg III, Panther G, M26 Pershing, Panzer III and M16 Halftrack. Fell free to bring whatever items you have to buy, sell or trade. The weather is supposed to be sunny and in the mid 30's.

I already know that Brett and Tony are coming up for Delaware, Wayne (Chiefsonn) is coming from Statten Island and several others. I know Wayne got a KV-1 from Santa that he is dying to try out in the snow. I know many of you have been busy building new projects so let me know what tanks and or buildings you are bringing with you here on RCU. Post a pic if you can.

I look forward to see you guys on Sunday....Bob, NEAD CO
Old 01-13-2011, 12:49 PM
Fireman Tim
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Are you ready for a Winter RC tank battle???

Bob,

please share with us how your battleday goes. I'd like to know how your tanks ran in the snow and what your battlefield looked like.

Have Fun
Old 01-13-2011, 01:13 PM
shenlonco
My Feedback: (2)

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

ORIGINAL: Fireman Tim

Bob,

please share with us how your battleday goes. I'd like to know how your tanks ran in the snow and what your battlefield looked like.

Have Fun
That's what i am thinking also ...Bob if i place my tank outside right now in the snow it sinks 6 inches down!! how are we going to be doing battle in this stuff?
You have some thing up your sleeve that will make driving in this stuff possible?
If so please share it with us.

Do you guy's ever think of spraying your electronics with a coat of corrosion X spray? with this done you can run under water!!

Old 01-13-2011, 01:52 PM
yellowshaker
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll be sitting in a nice, warm house...but I will be there in spirit!

Old 01-13-2011, 03:55 PM
Panther G

Yeah, there calling for More snow Saturday. I know my Tiger will sink straight down in this stuff now. Have you checked Sherry field lately commander, just wondering if the lot is even accessible.
Old 01-13-2011, 04:13 PM
thecommander

ORIGINAL: Panther G

Yeah, there calling for More snow Saturday. I know my Tiger will sink straight down in this stuff now. Have you checked Sherry field lately commander, just wondering if the lot is even accessible.
Hi Gregg,
I've been watching Sherry Field all winter and I just did a recon last night. It is wide open and the leaves have just been removed so there is a large patch of bare open ground with no snow in the center about the size of a swimming pool. We will probably set the town up there and uses the snow as the out-skirts just like Batogne. We should have it all to ourselves. The snow is of varying depths and is quite suitable for our tanking needs. Don't worry about your tank sinking. I have two ice fishing sleds that I use to pack down the fluffy stuff. The snow surrounding the bare center of the lot is only one inch deep due to the the residual heat from the leaves. I'll try and take some pix tomorrow. Our first ever NEAD Tank battle was is the snow so this should be a cake walk....LOL
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us54420.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	194.4 KB
ID:	1547133   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vq51545.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	123.5 KB
ID:	1547134   Click image for larger version

Name:	Va71396.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	184.1 KB
ID:	1547135   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ng99249.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	208.4 KB
ID:	1547136  
Old 01-13-2011, 04:16 PM
thecommander

Bob,

Have Fun
Sure Tim,

My family and I have been running the HL tanks in the snow for several years during ski trips. The winter IR tank battle with this much snow with Tamiya tanks will be a first.
Stay tuned.....Bob
Old 01-13-2011, 04:20 PM
thecommander

ORIGINAL: shenlonco

Bob,

Have Fun
That's what i am thinking also ...Bob if i place my tank outside right now in the snow it sinks 6 inches down!! how are we going to be doing battle in this stuff?
You have some thing up your sleeve that will make driving in this stuff possible?
If so please share it with us.

Do you guy's ever think of spraying your electronics with a coat of corrosion X spray? with this done you can run under water!!

Hi Steve,

We have a huge bare spot in the center where the leaves used to be and the snow around it is wafer thin. I use my ice fishing sleds to pack down any fluffy stuff. I'll take some pix tomorrow. I'm sure it will be a blast. Please bring your new building.
Old 01-13-2011, 04:33 PM
CHIEFSONN

Hey Bob In case you missed these I posted two videos both taken during last week snow fall,My beast in action Jagdpanther 411. So I'm ready I just hope that the snow gets more body thicker to allow for some weight @ this rate we will not be able to get our armer where we need it . the snow is just too powdery and the tanks ,well gravity just bog's them down. My lighter of the tanks the pan tiger didn't do that well, and for the most part this is the hl tank that I run most stock out of the box . And my KV did a little better. but both had to get a helping hand to get rolling again. enjoy these videos if you didn'tt see them yet. Tanks in the snow page 1
Old 01-13-2011, 04:47 PM
thecommander

ORIGINAL: CHIEFSONN

Hey Bob In case you missed these I posted two videos both taken during last week snow fall,My beast in action Jagdpanther 411. So I'm ready I just hope that the snow gets more body thicker to allow for some weight @ this rate we will not be able to get our armer where we need it . the snow is just too powdery and the tanks ,well gravity just bog's them down. My lighter of the tanks the pan tiger didn't do that well, and for the most part this is the hl tank that I run most stock out of the box . And my KV did a little better. but both had to get a helping hand to get rolling again. enjoy these videos if you didn'tt see them yet. Tanks in the snow page 1
I just watched the videos Wayne and they were great. I love winter tanking in the snow. I will take some pix tomorrow. We will have plenty of room to battle. The snow is fine and the depth varies from one inch around the bare center (where the leaves used to be) to two feet by the drifts. My large and extra large ice fishing sleds pack it down like a road 28 inches wide and 36 inches wide. We will have town set up in the center (Bastogne) and battle all around it into the snow. Bring your building from you video please. I hope your sons can make it. I'll loan you a tank if you need an extra. BTW That KV 1 looked great.

Bob
Old 01-13-2011, 09:04 PM
CHIEFSONN

Just finished the Jagdpanther, my BEAST # 411 now she has recoil,elevation,traverse and the weight, she has to be close to 20lbs. Now I just have some small things to do to her. I have plans to do some filming. We shell have a blast.
Old 01-13-2011, 09:12 PM
CHIEFSONN

ops
Old 01-14-2011, 02:06 PM
nothinbetr2do

hi jersey bob. it's tony, not sure if you know my screen name. but any how, i just got off the phone with brett. and we're planning on being there. i'm going to meet him at his house sunday morning, around 7:30. and we're planing on leaving soon after. we should meet up with you guys around 10:30 or so. i just thought i would check in and let you know. brett didn't say if he talked to you or not. well anyway, see you and all the other guys on sunday.
Old 01-14-2011, 03:01 PM
thecommander

Sounds good Tony. Just google Lafayette Avenue & Cardinal Lane Westwood, NJ and you will see the Sherry Ballfield pop up. I'll look forward to seeing you guys there. Did you buy a tank yet? We should have a few there for sale or trade. If Brett runs out(...LOL) you can borrow one of mine. I hope you can bring the helicopter too.
Bob
Old 01-14-2011, 03:04 PM
Panther G

Yeah Tony, it is pretty easy to get too. Much easier than the Rock or the Shooting range. just a few miles off the garden State Parkway. See you all Sunday.
Old 01-14-2011, 03:18 PM
thecommander

I just made two videos and took a bunch of pix during a recon mission this afternoon at Sherry Field. Everything looked good and I tested it with my heaviest tank, the Jagdtiger. It bogged down in a few spots but was able to keep going. I also ran the WSN M16 halftrack. We will pack down some spots for access roads and leave some rough stuff for those who like to gamble. Half the fun will be figuring out the snow and the battleplan. Bring a can of air blaster from your computer to clear you tracks and spray furiture polish for the tracks and belly pan.

The videos will be available here: The Jagdtiger...... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVwvqMatG_I

The M16 Halftrack (FYI I will have 2 WSN RC halftracks for sale on Sunday NIB for NEAD members at $165) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEPAwG5-xA4

Here are some pix. Bob, NEAD CO

Name:	fd90656.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	1.27 MB
ID:	1547701   Click image for larger version

Name:	rp43130.jpg
Size:	1.20 MB
ID:	1547702   Click image for larger version

Name:	xv65212.jpg
Size:	1.29 MB
ID:	1547703   Click image for larger version

Name:	jh17228.jpg
Size:	1.29 MB
ID:	1547704   Click image for larger version

Name:	qo38844.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	1.10 MB
ID:	1547705   Click image for larger version

Name:	ig11497.jpg
Size:	1,001.7 KB
ID:	1547706   Click image for larger version

Name:	ax72889.jpg
Size:	967.3 KB
ID:	1547707  
Old 01-14-2011, 03:22 PM
Panther G

That actually looks pretty good Bob. Should be no problem. Looks like enough room left to park also. Nice and close. Too bad we can't get too the stream, i'm guessing that is pretty wellburied.
Old 01-14-2011, 04:57 PM
nothinbetr2do

ORIGINAL: thecommander

Sounds good Tony. Just google Lafayette Avenue & Cardinal Lane Westwood, NJ and you will see the Sherry Ballfield pop up. I'll look forward to seeing you guys there. Did you buy a tank yet? We should have a few there for sale or trade. If Brett runs out(...LOL) you can borrow one of mine. I hope you can bring the helicopter too.
Bob
great, thanks for the directions. no i didn't get a tank yet, x-mas kinda set me back. i bought myself a new 500 sized heli instead, they are my first love. but i do plan on getting myself a tank, i hope before danville in march/april. i'm sure brett has enough for the both of us, thanks for your offer. do you really want me to bring the quadricopter? if so, i'll see if brett has room in his car. just let me know, i know you and your girls liked it.

later, tony
Old 01-14-2011, 08:10 PM
thecommander

Hi Kim here,

Here is my Dad's Jagdtiger ( the heaviest tank we got ) on a roadtest at the battlefield for Sunday.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVwvqMatG_I

And the halftack too ..... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEPAwG5-xA4

See you boys on Sunday
Old 01-14-2011, 08:33 PM
yellowshaker

JT looks great as always Kim. Commander, you may want to check the track tension on the right side though.
Old 01-14-2011, 09:12 PM
thecommander

Thanks Joe,

I pointed that out to him when we were making the video. He didn't seem too concerned but he did put a post it note atop the tank in the truck, so I guess he will check it out.
See you on Sunday, Kim
Old 01-14-2011, 09:21 PM
yellowshaker

Well, don't remind him about it...we need all the help we can get against that beast anyways...LOL
Here are a few pics of the tank's I plan to bring out for the Battleday!!!

Name:	wt59170.jpg
Size:	141.9 KB
ID:	1547877   Click image for larger version

Name:	tr49342.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	1547878  
Old 01-14-2011, 09:42 PM
thecommander

Mums the word Joe! My Pershing has been killed by him more than once with that thing. I can out run him easily. Oh....and I like that paint work on your modern tank. That should blend in well.
Kim
Old 01-14-2011, 10:00 PM
yellowshaker

I am still tempted to install a battle system in my Perhsing.
Thanks for the kind words on the Leopard. It was a lot of work.
Old 01-14-2011, 11:43 PM
diabolic-mind

commander, thats the first video ive watched of a half track and i gotta say im impressed. i didnt realize they got along so quick. what is with the slack in the tracks on the jagdtiger? looks like that could cause issues

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.