Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Hen Long 1/24 Leapard II A5 tank Broken NEED HELP

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Hen Long 1/24 Leapard II A5 tank Broken NEED HELP

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2011, 12:56 PM
SgtPearce

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hen Long 1/24 Leapard II A5 tank Broken NEED HELP

Im new here, but i really need some help, i have obtained this 1/24 scale R\Cfull real action battle tank, its the Leapard IImodel, the turret and cannon both work(turn and fire)however it wont move forward or backward, and the lights just sit there and flash like it has its hazards on, now i dont have instructions or a manual, so anything you guys have would be greatly appreaciated or even if you have had this problem and know how to fix, i think it could be a capacitator but im not entirely sure, but wont move at all, and its my Sergeants R/c so ya i kinda need to getter fixed. Please help me.

Old 01-13-2011, 02:35 PM
SgtPearce

Default RE: Hen Long 1/24 Leapard II A5 tank Broken NEED HELP

Update, i have take the who tank apart, i cant get into the engine compartment.... for reason i can only spreaad it about an inch. the turret works, everything for the turret works, its as if my engines are not connected, when i hit forwards or backward, it still wont do anything, the engines dont even click, im not sure if they are  just not getting the signal or what, but the lights on the tank start flashing when i hit (for example) fwd and it locks everything out, its as if its in a lock out mode, the lights start flashing and i no long can use the turret or anything, please any help comments or anything you can think of will be great, also just random when i split the engine compartment there is a bunch of brwn gew? maybe just lubricant but im not sure i really need some help on this if im ever going to get it to move again.
Old 01-13-2011, 07:10 PM
Captain Action

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dont think that too maney people are familar with this model, with Hen Long 1/16 tanks when the lights are flashing , that means that the tank is OFF and you have to hit the start up buttion on the TX remote, the lights stop flashing and it now drives.
Once the tank is on and the turent is functioning , put a rubber band on the TX joy stick in the foward position to keep it on, and put a meter on the power wires for the motors and see if they are getting power.
May be the circuit board ?? I dont think you need to take the motors and gears apart. You could try jumping power directly to the motors (for a shot time) to see if they work.
I just dont know, but some others may, just waight for them to chime in.
Also yes the goop would be grease for the gears.
Good luck
Old 01-13-2011, 09:22 PM
SgtPearce

thanks for the input, ill fiddle with it some more, but this one is that stupid one hand remote with the buttons on it, so the elastic wont work lol. ill try stright power and see if that will work, if it does then ill ahve to wait for someone else to have an idea which i hope will fix my Sarge's tank.
Old 01-13-2011, 09:34 PM
SgtPearce

sorry for double post (but its my thread) i just checked both engine, they run fine of a stright power supply, i think the signal is not coming from the board to the engines or something.
here is what i do:
Power: on
Remote: on
(play with turret works fine and dandy shoots move all that jazz)
presses forward on the grey push botton remote, and the lights starts flashing and wont stop till i turn it off and while they are flashing, it will no longer recieve any commands, i cant move the turret that i know works, anyone have or could find a wiring diagram? that would be super helpful, or have an idea as to reroute the da** engines to work off another relay?
Old 01-14-2011, 03:57 PM
Panther G

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Most likely a bad board. Dont even know if replacements are available.