Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

News from Tamiya MFU on a DMD-t01

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

News from Tamiya MFU on a DMD-t01

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2011, 07:24 AM
lannie fentress
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default News from Tamiya MFU on a DMD-t01

HI I just got word from Tamiya about using a MFU on a DMD t01 and this is the Email that I got .Dear Mr Fentress

Thank you for taking the time to contact us here in Japan. I asked our designers about your enquiry and they have informed me that as I am sure you are already aware of, your DMD T-01 unit only allows for forward, reverse, left, and right movement actions. However, by connecting an MF unit as well as a speaker to it, you will be able to enjoy the engine sounds of the tank but some adjustments will be required. This applies to any MF unit. I hope you find this information helpful.

By the way, have you heard of Pachi Digital? Just in case you have not Pachi Digital is a website we run from www.tamiya.com. It allows our supporters like yourself to show off their work all around the world. For more information on Pachi Digital please take a look at the following website: http://www.tamiya.com/english/pachi_digital/index.htm If you would like to show your R/C tank model via our Pachi Digital website, we would be very happy to show it.

Thank you for the kind support you have shown Tamiya and we wish you all the best with your R/C tank career. Have a great New Year.

Yours sincerely

International Division
Tamiya, Inc.

This took about three weeks to get ,but I got it.Hope it helps someone I know the question has been asked before .

Old 01-14-2011, 08:07 AM
wright 971

Default RE: News from Tamiya MFU on a DMD-t01

Hi Good news I have one sitting on the shelf,it dosnt say you will have recoil or turret contol elevation ect.Just sound could be used for berg tank or maybe half-track.Worth keeping Might even use it in a 1/6 scale Kettenrad.Thanks for the info.

regards pete
Old 01-14-2011, 09:01 AM
borealis

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

A friend of mine will be very interested in this news, but what kind of 'adjustments' does he mean?
Old 01-14-2011, 10:06 AM
lannie fentress

I need to know what adjustments he means also, I have sevreral tamiya tanks but no full option ones .If anyone knows please post .Thanks
Old 01-14-2011, 11:21 AM
Dmon1996

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

As I am not familiar with the Tamiya T series speed controllers, I'll ask some dumb questions.

1) Does a T unit normally control turret and barrel movements as well as speed control?
2) If so, is there any reason that servos could not be used for turret and barrel control in conjunction with a T-01 (and an MF unit for sound I assume)?

I ask because I have a Porche turret King Tiger (a used eBay purchase) that came with a T-01 that is slated as my next project where I was going to add servo control for turret and barrel movement. With the info of this thread, it sounds like I can also add an MF unit for sound as well....
Old 01-14-2011, 11:26 AM
lannie fentress

The turret control you can buy they are high ,I saw one ebay just the other day $125 but the barrel I don't know again if some knows post it .
Old 01-14-2011, 11:30 AM
lannie fentress

I have a porsche turret King tiger with DMD t-01 in it and thats why i wrote Tamiya about the MFU ,If you have a drawing on how to install the barrel servo let me know I have the turret control .
Old 01-14-2011, 11:54 AM
Dmon1996

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I just rigged up a lever action and slide off a servo that had a 90 degree sweep. Then another lever out the back of the barrel connected to the slide. I'd take a picture, but it's pretty tight in that turret....
Old 01-14-2011, 03:02 PM
Panther G

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think the question is, Does the T01 have the ability too control elevation recoil and traverse.
Old 01-14-2011, 04:10 PM
lannie fentress

I don't think so just forward backward ,right and left no other fuction but you can use a aircraft radio and add turrret and some have hooked up a servo to the barrel .I can't see it being able to say make the sound of firing the main gun are mechine gun .
Old 01-15-2011, 04:28 AM
wright 971

Hi It should be possible to control the turret if you fit a five or more channel rec/transmitter,two channels direct to the DMD and three channels to servos/motors,might have to fit servo slow controlers in there to stop the barrel waving up and down to fast ,also use one so the recoil comes back fast and forward slow.but dont think the sounds from MF unit would work no imput so no output..
Unless Tamiya could supply details of the adjustmentsand wiring diagram, so as to clear up what would work and what wont,I think it would be just sound of the engine.
would it be possible to conect the MF unit direct to the reciever(forthe 2 other channels)instead of going through the Dmd,I wouldnt want to try this unless Tamiya say its O.K.they are very expencive and wouldnt want to blow one.

regards pete
Old 01-15-2011, 01:14 PM
Panther G

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't think you could bypass the DMD and go straight too thereceiver. There is no provision on the MF for radiocontrol. The MF is just what it is called. A multi function unit. it provides the electronic function signals. It doesn't have anything to do with the radio gear.