Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

What do you think?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2011, 10:00 PM
SgtPearce

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What do you think?

Halo Rc scorpian, i was thinking, what if i cut out the back wheels and put engines and real motors in, and cut it out to put in a movable(up down)turret, and a BB gun, what do you guys think, is it kind of "gay"or nerdy or something?idk ill do it if you guys wont make fun of me for it... if you guys think its dumb then i guess ill work on getting this VStank Leapard IIA6 (with a red laser)i want to paint it white-ish and uh well make a canadian version, white paint canadian flags stuff like that.

also there is a couple videos online you can see of this
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo39982.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	26.6 KB
ID:	1547892   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn36074.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	26.6 KB
ID:	1547893  
Old 01-14-2011, 11:33 PM
diabolic-mind

Default RE: What do you think?

i like the scorpion tank, i wouldnt mind getting one myself. as far as modding it goes i dont think its nerdy at all. ive considered adding a burning laser to my tank a few times. get one and mod it and post the tutorial and results on here. the only downside to it is that is IR which can make for glitchy operation outside in the sun. but for indoors it would be pretty cool
Old 01-15-2011, 04:34 AM
pattoncommander

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's interesting. What scale is it? I'd like to pick up one of those turrets to build an Israeli AMX Sherman.
Old 01-15-2011, 01:11 PM
Panther G

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

YEAH ! Your Right PC. Could make a very good AMX. The " modelling" is a very big part of this hobby. don't beafraidto try something different. That is how some of the best mods, and upgrades we have where found, By someone trying something different.
Old 01-15-2011, 01:32 PM
pattoncommander

I've been looking for a base for that turret. Israel had a few captured AMX-13s and didlled with mounting the turret on Shermans, but never went very far. The turret was pretty bad with insuficient room to move, ammo loading problems and generally unreliable, they dropped it but kept and used the gun on M-50s. That cleff turret would be a reall bugger, but if this tank toy is within 1;16 scale parameters, half the work is done and I just might build the tank.
Old 01-15-2011, 02:57 PM
Panther G

Quick question Pattoncommander. Is the Megach, i think that is the correct spelling, another M-60 modification? It looks similar too the Sabra but I'm not sure.
Old 01-15-2011, 03:05 PM
Rebellion13

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

I checked the manufacturer website and the dimensions are L9" W7" H4.25" hope this helps, doesn't really provide a scale

just looked at a video and it looks really small, well compared to a 1/16 size more like 1/24 or even smaller

Wade
Old 01-17-2011, 01:59 PM
pattoncommander

Magach, מגאכ two classifications, early ones 1-5 were the M-48 variants , M-48, A2-thru A5. Later, the 6 was M-60 and 7 was M-60 with added ERA. The mean looking Sabra looks like it was developed along the XM-70 design. Too bad it came along so late, the Sabra really had a great looking design....may not help in combat but it sure looks nice.
Old 01-18-2011, 08:01 AM
Panther G

Thanks PC, not sure which version I was looking at but it did resemble the M-60 so it must have been a 7.
Old 01-18-2011, 09:00 AM
Gex

Frankly, I think the Scorpion is a pretty mediocre tank. I mean, the firepower is obviously impressive and trumps anything else in Halo, but it's mobility is horrendous and it's got a huge silhouette. This thing can get hung up on parked cars and telephone poles if you aren't careful [:@] . It makes a King Tiger seem like it has the agility of a cheetah IMHO. You'd think that by the 26th century or whatever they'd have a more finely tuned machine. I'll still take it every time it shows up in-game though, haha. yes, yes, nerd alert. [8D]