Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

New Tamiya 1/35 tanks w/2.4ghz & IR ?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

New Tamiya 1/35 tanks w/2.4ghz & IR ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2011, 02:43 AM
surfimp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Tamiya 1/35 tanks w/2.4ghz & IR ?

Anyone have experience with the new range of 1/35 scale Tamiya tanks that come with 2.4ghz transmitters and an IR combat system? They look pretty nice, I'm looking for a good quality IR-based combat system tank that will be fun for my young sons and I to play with. Have considered the VSTank line but I question durability and parts availability, and they're not exactly inexpensive. Also considered the HL line, but the ones we are interested have Airsoft guns, and I'd rather not go that route with small kids. The cost of converting those to IR will equal or more likely surpass these Tamiya 1/35 scale, and Tamiya should provide support for these for a few years at least, maybe more if they take off. Plus there's a ton of 1/35 plastic models my kids and I can build for as scenery for the battlefields. Seems pretty compelling...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-ao3x7_PE0[/youtube]
Old 02-02-2011, 12:33 PM
surfimp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Tamiya 1/35 tanks w/2.4ghz & IR ?

So I've been doing more reading and it seems the FOV tanks will actually fit the bill nicely... lots of good info in this forum, just took me a while to find all of it.
Old 02-02-2011, 12:40 PM
shenlonco
My Feedback: (2)

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Default RE: New Tamiya 1/35 tanks w/2.4ghz & IR ?

ORIGINAL: surfimp

So I've been doing more reading and it seems the FOV tanks will actually fit the bill nicely... lots of good info in this forum, just took me a while to find all of it.
Yes i like the FOV tanks for 1/24 scale there sound and radio work great.