Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Tamiya Tank Prices on E-Bay

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Tamiya Tank Prices on E-Bay

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2011, 04:32 PM
tamiyatanks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tamiya Tank Prices on E-Bay

Hey everyone, Ihave been watching the Tamiya tank prices on E-Bay and the prices for the Leo A4 and A6 seem to have dropped a lot. A year ago Ibought my Leo A4 for $400, but have recently seen them go for in the $200.00 range, and Isaw a 2A6 with radio go for $590 just recently!!

Is this a common trend for Tamiya Tanks in general? Ihave not really been watching any others.

Cheers!
Old 02-07-2011, 05:37 PM
yellowshaker
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Tamiya Tank Prices on E-Bay

The A4 you see on there is probably the re-release kit. The  originals have been on there much higher if they are NIB.
As for the A6, that is a steal for that tank, especially with a radio.
Old 02-07-2011, 06:17 PM
DirtyBird69

Seems to be a trend, I see the same thing with Tamiyas high-end RC cars...what my buddy at Tower Hobbies told me is that they(Tamiya) has too much stock and they have to lower prices(as most of their suppliers cant sell everything at their inflated prices...especially in this economy),and anyone whose willing to pay Tamiya prices has already bought what they  wanted so now they have to bring their prices down to a more realistic level to get the addtional sales....
Old 02-07-2011, 06:17 PM
tamiyatanks

The two A4s where the R/C versions from the 80s, exactly the same as mine. Definitally not the static re-release kit.

ORIGINAL: yellowshaker

The A4 you see on there is probably the re-release kit. The originals have been on there much higher if they are NIB.
As for the A6, that is a steal for that tank, especially with a radio.
Old 02-08-2011, 05:41 AM
heavyaslead

Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts

Some are fishing prices to get people flocking to the product. Like a 'doorbuster' item to get people in the store.
Old 02-08-2011, 06:59 AM
girltankette

We have been a distributor for Tamiya formany yearsnow and only once Have I seen Tamiya discount anything and that was the Panther RC tanks some 2 years ago, and that discount got passed onto my customers. I have seen Tamiya have sales now and then from their retail price thru their online store and that only happens when they are overstocked with an item.

Karen/Girltankette
Old 02-08-2011, 07:33 AM
thecommander

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the added insight Karen. You are a wealth of parts and information. I'm looking forward to seeing you guys in March. And that you very much for the pix on the Extravaganza page on the AAF site. I had a great time firing that mortar. Stay warm.
Bob
Old 02-08-2011, 08:58 AM
girltankette

Thanks Bob - Looking forward to seeing you and the girls and some of NEAD members in April - it will be a blast!

Just had a pre shoot of the MG42 to make sure everything is okay - 300 rounds in a couple of seconds.

Karen/Girltankette
Old 02-08-2011, 12:55 PM
Jeff489
My Feedback: (12)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm not sure if super high Ebay prices are so much of a trend. I speculate that it might also be a less than ethical marketing ploy.

Example: Seller lists a Tamiya tank on Ebay for a very high "Buy it Now" price or opening bid of say...$1300+ for a tank that cost 700. The item description will say "for sale elsewhere...so I may end the auction early" . Sticker shock keeps bidders away, so nobody bids. Invariably, the Ebay auction ends with no sale.

Thinking there could be a deal...some sucker sends a pm or email message to the would-be seller soon afterward and offers a low-ball price of $1000. The tank is sold. And with no Ebay fees to boot! In sports, it's called the ol' 'end around' play. In this case, the seller makes a windfall. In such a case, the tank was never intended to be sold on Ebay, just advertised...and Ebay did that job well. Think of it as consumer price conditioning.

We've all seen it happen and may have even helped such sellers by putting a thread entitled "WOW look at the price on this Tank!", where we all proceed... to talk about it (and thus advertise it).

I'm not saying it happens every time, but it certainly is possible...isn't it?
Old 02-08-2011, 11:20 PM
pcomm1

Hey Jeff489 and what is your point exactly?

Most times you just sell the thing for the stated price on ebay and fly fishing is a GREAT American Sport. That method works fine too, you mention.

I build my tanks the way I like to run them and look at them and have sold a dozen or more rc Tamiya tanks on ebay from Allied $650 basic Pershing tank builds to the Soviet and German tanks for $1450 or more, depending on how tech and complex the build gets.

Fun hobby for me. I like to build the kits and I offer the tanks I do not want to own any longer to guys who have neither the time or perhaps the skill at this point in their lives to own a fun, well done Tamiya model, but I won't give a build away for the cost of the kit.

That for sure that isn't the American way. And nor do I seek a major profit. Just a hobby you know.

And the amazing thing, for the higher end builds the buyers tend to be Danville guys and one guy from the Colorado Club bought three tanks a few years back, 2 Tigers and an Ardennes KT.

So, my tanks go to guys at all skill levels in this hobby.

How are things working out for you this year?

Always better to be Barmen and Bailey than a shyster.

You sleep better at night.

Old 02-11-2011, 05:54 AM
tamiyatanks

There are two different price sets here, ones from dealers and one from E-Bay auctions.   The auctions are the ones I noticed that are going cheep.  The 2A6 for example, fully built with radio only had 2 people bid on it for $590.

I guess the A4 and A6 used just are not generating much interest from bidders....
Old 02-11-2011, 06:13 AM
RodgerB

Be sure to check the shipping charges? Usually the heavy discounts are from Hong Kong Dealers and the shipping charges will be a large amount. If you compare prices usually there are better deals with Dealers in the States?
Old 02-11-2011, 06:26 AM
BiggTony

ORIGINAL: tamiyatanks

There are two different price sets here, ones from dealers and one from E-Bay auctions. The auctions are the ones I noticed that are going cheep. The 2A6 for example, fully built with radio only had 2 people bid on it for $590.

I guess the A4 and A6 used just are not generating much interest from bidders....
I'm thinking that was a simple stroke of luck scenario. While I would have loved to have gotten my Leo at that price.....I think if Iwere to have held out for a price like that, I would still be with out one.
Old 02-11-2011, 09:13 AM
tomhugill

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Well I just picked up a tamiya KT full option with 4 chan transmiter , metal tracks and roadwheels for 300 quid which I think is a fairly good price!
Old 02-11-2011, 01:13 PM
Gerula

Indeed that's a good price here in Europe.
Old 02-11-2011, 01:56 PM
roots

I've bought two Tamiya kits from the seller dave4what on eBay.
I think he's located in Michigan.
He's got good prices and his customer service has been the best.

Old 02-12-2011, 07:58 AM
thecommander

ORIGINAL: girltankette

Thanks Bob - Looking forward to seeing you and the girls and some of NEAD members in April - it will be a blast!

Just had a pre shoot of the MG42 to make sure everything is okay - 300 rounds in a couple of seconds.

Karen/Girltankette
I've go the weekend off for the March event so I will definitely be down. I'm glad to hear the MG-42 is up to 100%. Did you folks happen to take any video of the test-fire? It would be a great primer and motivator for the Extravaganza in April.
Old 02-12-2011, 09:00 AM
girltankette

Hi Bob, Great to hear that you will be making the March event - they are working on the battle field today - No we did not take any video of the test firing - oh well! - We have test fired the Mortar ( which you are now famous for) and it is in good working order. I think the next one to test is a BAR ( but I am not sure). The crew is also making some burnables for the flame thrower demo's and they are going to be a big hit! My crew is very creative!
Hope everything is going well in your neck of the woods.
Talk soon and see you in March!
Karen
Old 02-13-2011, 09:58 PM
thecommander

I don't think you have done a BAR before. Feel free to post a youtube teaser on the BAR. I'll bring down some 30-06 for you guys (and some bagels too).
I don't want to hijack this thread. I should start a new post of some of the up-comng features and events for the April Extravaganza.
Attached Images