Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

So there I was.....

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 04:29 PM
dostacos

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So there I was.....

Minding my own business when I nice box arrived yesterday but no transmitter {a 2.4gig sent separately } so we open the box and my beautiful Pershing shows up.

and today comes the transmitter.

so of course it is RAINING and will rain for the next several days meaning my wheeliechair will NOT play well IF the battle is not canceled. I suspect that it will be but....

I should also be getting my Tiger 1 and 2.4 gig transmitter by the end of the week. BUT IT'S RAINING and I don't think my wife will like my son & I running the tanks with metal tracks on her brand new wood floors[:-]

oh well, maybe next week {kinda wanted to run 'em a bit before I added some paint....
Old 02-16-2011, 04:39 PM
no12skyline

Default RE: So there I was.....

Better a rainy day and a new tank in your lap than a sunny day with no tank to play!
Old 02-16-2011, 04:50 PM
philipat

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

no pics? 
Old 02-16-2011, 05:07 PM
Jeff489
My Feedback: (12)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Dostacos,

I wouldn't worry about access. This battlefield is in a backyard, where a large cement pad abuts the battlefield (you can park on the cement pad too). Here's a not so good pic of it...web.mac.com/ksoc/S.C.A.T._Battledays/Aug_Battleday_09.html#0 From there, the battlefield drops in elevation by 30 feet or so. You can literally see the whole battlefield quite well. You should be able to sit right on the edge, see everything just fine and fight your tank anywhere on the battlefield. You might have trouble orienting and aiming the main gun, but it's possible (we've done several battles where everyone stands on a static platform that is elevated) with practice and experience.

As to rain, it's supposed to be high and dry Sunday.

The cement pad is level, and incidentally where we all set up our tables and chairs, so you'll be in the thick of it.

Hope to see you there.

Old 02-16-2011, 05:23 PM
strong622

Dostacos,

Did your metal tracks for your Pershing come already installed or were they separately packaged ?

Thanks,
Danny
Old 02-16-2011, 05:45 PM
pattoncommander

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice playground...I dig the Super Pershing...did you get that from Phil? That's the one I built and happy to see it's still in action.

Bill
Old 02-16-2011, 06:08 PM
Jeff489
My Feedback: (12)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Bill, I think that was Phil P. who brought that Super Pershing and was driving it. As far as I know, he's still got it.
Old 02-16-2011, 06:11 PM
edoubleaz
My Feedback: (1)

Received 65 Likes on 43 Posts

Here is a sample of a SCAT event:

http://www.desertarmor.com/DAK_Event...9-19-2010.html
Old 02-17-2011, 10:58 AM
dostacos

If the battle is on I will try to get there, I probably won't join the battle because I still don't know how to drive and fire etc. BUT I will bring it just in case.....

Yes My tank is from Phil, and he set it up, metal tracks on, etc.

I am charging the big battery so we can drive it around the driveway. Phil makes sure all is well before he ships. Looking at his website describing how to solder the boards I punted, I think of my self as a mechanical engineer not electrical so....[:-]

I will add the goodies not currently on the tank and take some shots in the driveway. will probably bring a camera or 2 and at least take lots of pictures....
Old 02-17-2011, 03:16 PM
1sgt

Dostacos,
I drive my metal tracked tanks on the wood floor all the time. I just go slow and I haven't had a problem yet. Also, I used to live in Pomona Ca. I was the Army recruiter for Pomona and Diamond bar was in my zone ( didn't get to many from DB though) I had Gary HS as my school and half of Pomona HS. I was there from 88-92.

Jim
Old 02-18-2011, 01:03 PM
dostacos

ORIGINAL: 1sgt

Dostacos,
I drive my metal tracked tanks on the wood floor all the time. I just go slow and I haven't had a problem yet. Also, I used to live in Pomona Ca. I was the Army recruiter for Pomona and Diamond bar was in my zone ( didn't get to many from DB though) I had Gary HS as my school and half of Pomona HS. I was there from 88-92.
I think DBHS was 50% Korean nationals during that time {my 3 sons attended during your tour here}

as for the tracks, my wife doesn't want me driving my WHEELCHAIR on the wood so.....
Jim
Old 02-18-2011, 01:57 PM
1sgt

ORIGINAL: dostacos

ORIGINAL: 1sgt

Dostacos,
I think DBHS was 50% Korean nationals during that time {my 3 sons attended during your tour here}

as for the tracks, my wife doesn't want me driving my WHEELCHAIR on the wood so.....
Jim

Then I'm sure I have talked with them at one point, at school, on the phone, or around town. We had a requirement that we had to contact Jr's and Sr's four times during the school year. I put the Mayor of Pomona son into the Army among a lot of other good kids. Funny, small world. Sorry about the wheel chair.

Jim
Old 02-18-2011, 05:41 PM
Panther G

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I love it when a father son combination get their first tanks. What fun.
Old 02-19-2011, 04:04 PM
dostacos

many times with #3 son he was kinda thinking that route but just sorta wander away from the idea.
Old 02-19-2011, 04:06 PM
dostacos

ORIGINAL: Panther G

I love it when a father son combination get their first tanks. What fun.

their first??? I will LEND him a tank ;>)