Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Rattle can battle gray?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2011, 07:26 AM
69MarkIII

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rattle can battle gray?

Does anyone know of a good rattle can match for German battle gray? I want to repaint my Tiger I after I remove the hull tools and take care of a few mold lines. Thanks! -Marc.
Old 02-28-2011, 08:30 AM
BiggTony

Default RE: Rattle can battle gray?

According to the Tamiya Tiger I painting instructions, they recommend Tamiya German Grey TS-4.

Tamiya TS-4

Alot of model builders preffer this for the more faded look.
Testors Panzr Grey

I would get both to experiment with. Various conditions gave real counterparts different hues depending on sun fading, abuse, etc.

Old 02-28-2011, 09:26 AM
69MarkIII

Thanks! I think I'll probably go with the Testors...I'm after a more faded look.
Old 02-28-2011, 02:02 PM
Panther G

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Actually neither of those are as dark as the real Panzer grey. The grey the Germans used was actually called Black Grey. It is very dark, allmost a light charcoal color. Life colors have excellent time dated paint sets for German Russian and Allied armor. just look up LIFECOLORS .com
 I have the early German and late German colors and these acrylic paints flow very well. As well as properly thined Tamiya paints. 
 I dont know if they have the spray bomb paints but for next to nothing you can get a very usable air brush kit with canned air. This is what i always recommend. With acrylic paints if you make a mistake all you need to do is wipe it off with a little windex on a paper towel.
 Enamels you cant do this with. One and done.

Old 02-28-2011, 02:04 PM
Panther G

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Testors p[aints are enamels and even their flat colors have a shine to them. I dont like to use those. Since it isn't the true color anyway why bother wit it. Go with acrylics.