Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Mato Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 06:39 AM
harleridr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mato Question

I ordered a couple of little items last week. Paid with PayPal( I have the transaction number) , and have heard nothing from them, also nothing shows on my account. I noticed that now it seems to take forever to get different parts of their site to come on line. Is this just me.
Harle
Old 03-21-2011, 08:34 AM
kclank

Default RE: Mato Question

if nothing shows on your account. send them an email with a copy of your paypal transaction. i am sure they will make it right. First check to see if you addressed the paypal correctly or not (i have done this wrong a couple of times). It might appear to you that you paid, but they would not see the payment. So just for grins check the address of who you paid to and see if the transaction was accepted by the receiver (in this case the mato address).
Old 03-21-2011, 12:05 PM
Dmon1996

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I've found that they are terrible about replying when you order replacement parts. It's not that they ignore you, but it usually (at least from my experience) means that they don't have something in stock and they wait to contact back until they have the current price and availability. And Heng Long is terrible about letting them know in a timely fashion. I do0n't know if this relates though.

I've also noticed what you said about their website. It's killing me as I'm waiting (semi) patiently for the new stock of Shermans. Last email I got was that they should be in late March to early April. I'd assume that this will fill in their other out of stock tanks as well.
Old 03-21-2011, 12:07 PM
harleridr

I did all of that before I took it to the forum.
Harle
Old 03-21-2011, 01:03 PM
harleridr

I ran the Mato U.S.A. address down on Google maps. It appears to be a self storage facility by the name of Haywood Storage in Castro, CA . I wonder what is happening with this company?
Harle
Old 03-21-2011, 01:23 PM
1sgt

I have had only one problem with Mato. I ordered some Panther G muzzle brakes and it took a good couple weeks to receive them ( well over a month ). I kept sending emails with the order info ( actually kept on re forwarding the original and subsequent emails). Well the parts finally arrived but surprise surprise. They doubled my order and sent some free crystals as compensation for the lateness. I think that was pretty cool.
Mato has always done good by me.

Jim
Old 03-21-2011, 01:32 PM
olfart

When ordering parts from Mato I usually recieve the PayPal reciept, and then nothing until the postman brings it.
Old 03-21-2011, 02:07 PM
Frantz70

I got much better service from Mato's ebay store (THE-RC-DYNASTY) than the direct website.
Old 03-21-2011, 02:40 PM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Everytime I order from Mato I get a email response that my order has been received, and then another email when the item was shipped. If you did not get these emails, then somehitng must have short circuited.

I am hearing that Heng Long is having trouble keeping staff. Seems like a demand for skilled people is increaisng in China, and people are starting to exercise their human right to improve their lot in life by shopping their skills around. That may explain why some parts are starting to dry up.
Old 03-22-2011, 02:20 PM
BIGMIG

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just got an order in from Mato in Canada today.( did I just say that.. )

Well they had a good deal on Tiger tracks and i needed some PZIII tracks and a couple of other items,so decided to try them again.

My order.........
PZIII tracks..............................$14.90
(2) speakers.............................$ 9.00
(1) set 3 pin connectors.............$ 1.90
(2) sets Tiger tracks..(9.90 ea ).$19.80

TOTAL.................................$45.60
SHIPPING.....UPS.................$14.00

For the grand total of $59.60...............

Order was shipped March 13........&.......Received today March 22.......................(10 days )

One Tiger sprocket had one tooth broken out in shipping (it was in the wrapper so super-glued it in place.)As we all know these plastic sprockets are fragil and can not take a blow of any kind from the side on the teeth..............Other than that they are pretty tough.In a bigger box this may not of happened,but this box was thin and subjected them to possible dammage.No objection to keeping the boxes as small as possible but will show a picture below how they could be shipped to prevent this from happening.

I droped one of these sprockets off my work bench onto carpet (kind of a stiff carpet ) and it broke three teeth of the sprocket.Wouldn't think that would bust off some teeth,but it did..

"NOTE" For YHR...If you read this,you seem to stay in touch and deal a lot with MATO.........Mabe you might mention by placing the sprocket in the track and a rubber band around it before packaging it,it may handle shipping a lot better.(picture below )

BIGMIG

P.S. I do like to see them use the "FRAGIL" stickers,I think it does help a lot at times.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wt58931.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	1582679   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xt60347.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	78.7 KB
ID:	1582680   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ej12104.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	74.6 KB
ID:	1582681   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xi61784.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	1582682   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ri69529.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	76.2 KB
ID:	1582683   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca52799.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	1582684   Click image for larger version

Name:	Se37247.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	74.6 KB
ID:	1582685  
Old 03-30-2011, 08:09 AM
harleridr

Thanks for the info, I will try them next to see about the service.
Harle