Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Where to buy DMD/MF units?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Where to buy DMD/MF units?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 11:46 PM
GeirMagne

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to buy DMD/MF units?

Hi all.
I'm currently looking for DMD an MF unit to complete my JT build. I've allways seen those all over ebay before, specially at JR-RC's store, but when I really need them they are gone.
Typical bad luck! I know there are several options here like the el-mod etc. but el-mod is getting really pricey too if I purchase the whole package including the csi.
Since my KT is Tamiya and my friends Sherman too I think the best solution will be Tamiya electronics. Or is the SLU as good as the Tamiya's DMD/MF unit's?
I also need recoil unit, recoil stay and flash unit....
I checked out the AAF's site, and for a total cost of 435$ hmmmm I don't really know if it's worth it. And on top of that I will have to pay shipping costs to norway and norwegian VAT of 25%. Pricey, yes indeed.
Old 04-14-2011, 12:59 AM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
Default RE: Where to buy DMD/MF units?

http://myworld.ebay.com/dave4what/

http://myworld.ebay.com/jr-rc

And the museum.

- Jeff
Old 04-14-2011, 04:22 AM
candycab

$435.00 seems like an awful lot for Tamiya gear ?  

Not that Tamiya electrics should be cheap or aren't good quality but, considering what EL and DBC brings to us in options I wouldn't even consider Tamiya unless I bought it in a fully optioned kit. 

Old 04-14-2011, 04:42 AM
dlobmwm3
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Karen has everything at the Danville, VA Tank Museum - www.aaftankmuseum.com
Old 04-14-2011, 06:43 AM
wright 971

Hi Best bet for you is to buy El-mod from Germany because,you wont have to pay import duty or VAT at 25% just pay the German duty of 19%.
    El-mod is a little better in my opinion,it has momentum which makes it drive better ,and you can play with the sound tracks.Will operate Tamiya recoil units or even Heng long or servo,wont be able to fit Tamiya Flash,but you can fit Heng Long which is cheaper.Down side is its slightly harder to fit.

regards pete
Old 04-14-2011, 01:55 PM
yellowshaker
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: wright 971

Hi Best bet for you is to buy El-mod from Germany because,you wont have to pay import duty or VAT at 25% just pay the German duty of 19%.
El-mod is a little better in my opinion,it has momentum which makes it drive better ,and you can play with the sound tracks.Will operate Tamiya recoil units or even Heng long or servo,wont be able to fit Tamiya Flash,but you can fit Heng Long which is cheaper.Down side is its slightly harder to fit.

regards pete
If he uses a Tamiya recoil unit and Servo for elevation it is very easy to install Elmod. You also have the option to use an LED for the flash in the main gun. Orange or Yellow work great and plug right into the PRO board. Cost is obviously much cheaper than the high intensity units from Tamiya and even HL. Just my .02.
Old 04-14-2011, 02:18 PM
Panther G

The DBC as good as it is , is what it is. The Tamiya elctronics are a world apart. And yes that is expensive for just Tamiya electronics. you can get a full option sherman for that price. Are you sure your looking at the price for the DMD and MF? Jason will still be the cheapest. Should just wiat till he has them. Wont be long.
Old 04-14-2011, 05:03 PM
kclank

remember to buy the communications cable also. it does not come with either unit and it is needed to make them work together.
Old 04-14-2011, 06:38 PM
thecommander

ORIGINAL: GeirMagne

Hi all.
I'm currently looking for DMD an MF unit to complete my JT build. I've allways seen those all over ebay before, specially at JR-RC's store, but when I really need them they are gone.
Typical bad luck! I know there are several options here like the el-mod etc. but el-mod is getting really pricey too if I purchase the whole package including the csi.
Since my KT is Tamiya and my friends Sherman too I think the best solution will be Tamiya electronics. Or is the SLU as good as the Tamiya's DMD/MF unit's?
I also need recoil unit, recoil stay and flash unit....
I checked out the AAF's site, and for a total cost of 435$ hmmmm I don't really know if it's worth it. And on top of that I will have to pay shipping costs to norway and norwegian VAT of 25%. Pricey, yes indeed.
I alway have spare DMDs and MF on hand. I do several conversions a year. I buy them on "sale" which does not happen too often. I also buy them in trades and from unfnished projects or shelf queens. The Tamiya electronics are not cheap but are a very good investment for the warranty. Elmod and DBU are all coming into their own and Joe (Yellowshaker) swears by them. And sometimes, at them too. If you need all the components for a conversion or custom build and have no spare parts, you can buy a good used tank take out what you need. Then sell the rest to get back a portion of your investment. Or buy a new Tamiya kit and sell off the left over either whole or tree by tree (I'd recomend the Panther or Tiger I FO kit). This will usually give you a return of $300 to $350. But it will take a little longer.

I love my two Jagdtigers. Please post some pix of your project. Bob
Old 04-14-2011, 07:12 PM
HondoBob

ORIGINAL: kclank

remember to buy the communications cable also. it does not come with either unit and it is needed to make them work together.
RC Communications Cable 56010 (a.k.a. Item #7255020). You can order it from Tamiya USA http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/ite...uct-id=7255020or http://myworld.ebay.com/jr-rc.
Old 04-14-2011, 08:52 PM
204sailor

Ihave the same question regarding the DMD/MFU but I don`t see Dave4what having any in is inventory.

Charlie
Old 04-14-2011, 09:29 PM
thecommander

ORIGINAL: 204sailor

I have the same question regarding the DMD/MFU but I don`t see Dave4what having any in is inventory.

Charlie
It's all in the timing Charlie. I got really tired of parts not being around when I needed them so that is why is started to stockpile parts. Bob
Old 04-15-2011, 02:34 AM
GeirMagne

ORIGINAL: thecommander

I alway have spare DMDs and MF on hand. I do several conversions a year. I buy them on "sale" which does not happen too often. I also buy them in trades and from unfnished projects or shelf queens. The Tamiya electronics are not cheap but are a very good investment for the warranty. Elmod and DBU are all coming into their own and Joe (Yellowshaker) swears by them. And sometimes, at them too. If you need all the components for a conversion or custom build and have no spare parts, you can buy a good used tank take out what you need. Then sell the rest to get back a portion of your investment. Or buy a new Tamiya kit and sell off the left over either whole or tree by tree (I'd recomend the Panther or Tiger I FO kit). This will usually give you a return of $300 to $350. But it will take a little longer.

I love my two Jagdtigers. Please post some pix of your project. Bob
Here is the thread I started. Seem's like it got lost among the other super JT builds.
www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_10258136/anchors_10258136/mpage_1/key_/anchor/tm.htm#10258136

Old 04-16-2011, 09:11 AM
tomhugill

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

I would keep an eye on ebay , I just picked up the full tamiya tiger multi function set :

DMD Multi-function unit MF-01
<o></o>

Speaker Unit<o></o>

Recoil Unit<o></o>

Gun Elevation Unit<o></o>

Turret Rotation Unit<o></o>

Flash Unit<o></o>

LED<o></o>

Communication Cable<o></o>

Metal Parts Bag<o></o>

Instructions....PLUS

the "T-03 Control Unit"........

All for £156

Old 04-16-2011, 11:50 AM
Panther G

Now that was a good haul. All the for that price, even at the current exchange is still very good.
Old 04-16-2011, 12:30 PM
tomhugill

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Yeh I thought the opertunity was too good to miss, plan is to either to doa porsche tiger full option conversion or use it for the hooben elephant I plan on aquiring!
Old 04-20-2011, 07:30 AM
GeirMagne

I found the DMD/MF units in JR-RC store yet again so I purchased them from there, including the comunication cable and recoil unit. (Total of 305$ including shipping) The rest I got grom Axel's-modellbau.
Old 04-20-2011, 03:34 PM
Panther G

Thats what i said. Jason does run out of some things but he does get them back in very quickly so he is still a very good ource for the DMD and MF units. I buy all the rest of my Tamiya parts from the AAF. There is very little that Karen does not have on hand at all times. I cant recall her ever having to back order anything for me.
So between those 2 they are the main suppliers for the Tamiya parts I use.
I get the fancy stuff from ETO.