Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

FRAG June 4 Battleday Pics

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

FRAG June 4 Battleday Pics

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2011, 06:44 PM
thecommander

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: FRAG June 4 Battleday Pics

Hi Paul,

The battlefield looks fantastic. I've always thought Danville was the best but you guys are creeping up very fast. I love the detail but as I may have mentioned before I fear that I may run a few things over. Since I lack a "Collision Damage Waiver" on my tank it may get expensive for me to play in your sandbox. Have you ever condisered a two day event, Sat. & Sunday? I'm sure the NEAD boys would love a trip out there. Perhaps in early October? We have a big event we are sponsoring in Danville in November (3rd thru the 5th). Last November we had 22 tankers during the indoor car show and tank car crushing. If any of your club members would like to attend please let me know.

Bob, NEAD CO
Old 06-21-2011, 12:07 PM
heavyaslead

Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts

Gosh, the nostalgia of seeing your original site pics again. That was work!

And I did not realize the ammount of concrete you guys put down for the battlefield, really top notch work!

Old 06-21-2011, 02:58 PM
Panzerpaul

Received 25 Likes on 11 Posts

ORIGINAL: thecommander

Have you ever condisered a two day event, Sat. & Sunday? I'm sure the NEAD boys would love a trip out there.
Hi Bob: Many years ago (maybe 2003) we did a Regional Battleday when the hobby was young and hosted members from a few clubs (3 from back east if I remember right) and we started on Friday and ended with a dinner on Sunday. Lots of fun even though the battlefield was in its infancy. It takes much planning as you know, so I'd say we could try one for next Sept (2012). Not enough time left this year. October is also too late out here as it usually starts snowing by then, or its cold and rainy. Plus the battlefield would be farther along with more buildings and other improvements by then. So, let's throw the subject out for discussion..........see how many respond. Its a heck of a drive from either coast! Paul
Old 06-21-2011, 03:13 PM
Pah co chu puk

Received 143 Likes on 93 Posts

I'd come.  That would be too cool to miss.

All mine are the stock HL battle system, but I would convert two over with DBC or SLU to bring over.  Sept. 2012 would give me time to make the change.  Count me in for that.