Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Heng Longs King Tiger

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2011, 08:14 AM
wright 971

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heng Longs King Tiger

Hi Guys There is a New King Tiger from Heng Long with Porsche Turret.The thing is Heng long wont sell them see here http://waltersons.com/
They have let a few out by mistake,I was lucky enough to get my hands on one Bought it for my birthday which is on Sunday,Going to fit the SLU to the inside but still waiting for it.I havnt done any major mods to it yet,going to run it in stock form first to see which mods are needed,I think it will need a tensioner probably before the next meeting in September.
So have put Zimmerit on painted it and done a bit of weathering.Now waiting for the SLU(I do have aspare DBC if the SLU dosnt arrive in time for the meeting)

regards pete
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	gd93899.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	74.0 KB
ID:	1647632   Click image for larger version

Name:	fa85303.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	76.5 KB
ID:	1647633   Click image for larger version

Name:	uz69129.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	83.9 KB
ID:	1647634   Click image for larger version

Name:	nh11271.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	72.1 KB
ID:	1647635  
Old 08-11-2011, 08:20 AM
whiteknight1066

Default RE: Heng Longs King Tiger

Nice job on the KT! Be aware, the SLU is a great unit that is "Tamiya compatible"-but doesn't operate quite like the Tamiya units. IT doesn't go down to 50% power at the FIRST hit, but onl;y after a few, and it doesn't go to 25% power to the motors at all. The upshot is that it doens't adt quite like a Tamiya TBU, so it may not be accepted by all tank clubs. JUust wanted to say. OTOH, don't think I'm knocking the SLU-Iown one that is just rarin' to be put into my KV1! Cheers,

Andrew
Old 08-11-2011, 08:43 AM
Devildog0341Va

I wonder what the heng long preimium is going to entail as far as quality of the tank and do you think we will beable to use a better quality radio,say 2.4 ghz radio.
Old 08-11-2011, 09:00 AM
hulu

Pete,
Don't worry, You will get your SLU soon .

On IR battle System, IMHO Tamiya's setting is quite funy for me.
I cannot understand why all the tank must lost 50% power at first hit no matter what kind of type the tank is.It is unfair for the heave tank in the IR battle becasue it is slower than light tank and should can take more hitsbeforeit loses power.Maybethat also is the reason thedesigner of SLU doesn't set operation like Tamya.On the other hand, SLU comes with IR battle manager function. It can provide more fixebility than Tamiya one.

Of cause, It isdefinitely not acorrect choiceif you want to join the a "Tamiya only" club.
In that case, you should buy Tamiya KT not HL..

Back to the topic. Nice painting!

Old 08-11-2011, 09:40 AM
wright 971

Hi As for the premium range ,The only difference I can see is A not that good a paint job (dosnt matter how they paint it you have to put Zimmerit on the tank)all porsche King Tigers had zimmerit.Take a close look at the photos you can still se the green plastic in the engine grills ,also while you are looking the lifting hooks on the engine grills are the wrong way round.
    It comes with BB or I.R. so this means it has the RX18,no chance of them doing some theing like fitting the SLU.The weight is exactly the same as the Heng Long so no metal tracks,it does have metal gearboxes the same ones fitted to the Panther.
 The only thing for certain you get extra is a BAG,derr  why ,dose it make it work better err No, is any use err No.
   I dont know about you guys but if Im moving my tanks they go in the back of the car(why a Bag)if it was a box(wood or plastic) that looked like a Damaged building and could be stacked now your on the right track.Keep the tank in place while traveling then have a building you could use at the battle ground.

regards pete
Old 08-11-2011, 09:55 AM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

Not all Tiger-B's with the "initial turret" had Zimmerit applied. Three were used at Haustenbeck proving grounds and had no Zimmerit applied.

One of these is currently on display at Bovington.

The term Porsche turret is completely inaccurate too. Fact is, this turret was designed by Krupp for the first Henschel design of the Tiger with long 88mm gun, the Tiger-2. When this was rejected, Porsche offered 2 designs (Type 180 and 181) which were to use the same turret first designed for the Henschel design (VK-4502 (H)).

After the rejection of the Porsche designs, Henschel than came up with their Tiger-III (yes 3) design which became the Tiger-B we now all know.

Learn it, love it, live it.

- Jeff
Old 08-11-2011, 10:16 AM
wright 971

Hi I was informed that the one at Bovington,was put together by the REME after the war Like the Panther II turret(which they usedas a target)and some other tanks they also built a Panther which was all shipped back to Briton.Not only the Americans and Russians wanted the German armour/aircraft/weapons.You would be supprised how many 262s, V1s, V2s,are in England along with a great deal of German armour.

regards pete
Old 08-11-2011, 02:30 PM
rivetcounter

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Whoever told you that hasn’t a clue what they are talking about the Tiger II (P) at Bovington was captured as it is now, this is one of the first Tiger II built it does not have the turret ring guard and has the communication hatch in the side of the turret welded closed, furthermore no Panther II turret was ever built there was however a small number of Panther F turrets built one of which now resides in Bovington after being used as a target.

The only Panthers and Jagdpanther built after the war were supervised by the REME the actual German workforce built the tanks, both Panther and Jagdpanther at Bovington are from this batch all other Panthers 80+ from the Normandy campaign alone were scrapped
Old 08-11-2011, 05:32 PM
greeny187

Wow, you got a piece of art here buddy . I've a HL Tiger 1 (late model) and is yet to upgrade any of the so-called necessary stuff. Why? I'm waiting for my delivery of a Tamiya King Tiger plus the necessry rc thingies.
Will seek you on the advise on the painting/weathering stuff.