Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

HL Pershing wheel removel help needed

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

HL Pershing wheel removel help needed

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2011, 01:50 PM
CHIEFSONN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HL Pershing wheel removel help needed

Help is needed ,I just had a Pershing shipped to me and on its way the idler was broken,so I can use some direction on how to remove the wheel so that I can repair or fabricate another swing arm for it .thank for your replies
Old 09-12-2011, 02:34 PM
Eggman1965
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: HL Pershing wheel removel help needed

Depending on type of damage to the part you may just want to order the replacement from MatoMart they are usually quite reasonable. The problem with the M26 wheels is that they glue two halves together (sometimes the glue monkey goes a little crazy in this regard). You need to carefully separate the two wheel halves (I've used a pair of thin blade type screw drivers to do this) then the wheel screw can be removed. Sorry for your woes in the mean time.

Mike
Old 09-12-2011, 03:07 PM
WhiteWolf McBride

Gotta agree with Eggie:

~Before~ ya go messin' about trying to repair it, TAKE PICS of the damage for documentation, and talk to Mato first (if thats where ya got it from) as they may just send ya the arm and wheel and you just gotta mount it.

If you HAVE to repair/replace the arm, some people sweat that bracing the wheel, and trying to split the seam with a knife does the trick, but I'd personally use a bit of solvent glue on the seam to soften it first.

WhiteWolf

PS: got pix of how its busted?
Old 09-12-2011, 05:06 PM
Buckeye36

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You just need the swing arm?
Old 09-12-2011, 05:16 PM
Buckeye36

Is this the swingarm you need?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq48208.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	1661423  
Old 09-12-2011, 07:29 PM
BIGMIG

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A little trick I used on PZIII idler's to remove them without trying to split them to get the off (did not want to take a chance on braking them )-Was to drill a small hole in the center of the hub just big enough to stick a screw driver (small jeweler size) into the hub and unscrew the screw.Very simple and easy.When you re-install them just fill the hole with a little hobby putty (just enough to plug the hole) and a little dab of touch up paint and only you will know the hole was ever there.If you ever need to pull it again it is just a matter of pushing the screwdriver through the plugged hole to remove it.Then repete the above process to hide the hole again.

For what it's worth

BIGMIG
Old 09-12-2011, 07:55 PM
CHIEFSONN

Thanks you all for your directions .I will try the solvent.my choice nail polish remover,works wonders.I use the stuff when ever I disassemble parts from my tanks then scrape the seam at the joint and then push,pry or pull depending on the part being removed. So once the wheels are separated there is a screw to be removed. thats great, And yes Jim that is the part that came broken ,thanks for your offer. Wayne aka Chief
Old 09-13-2011, 12:22 PM
Panther G

HI CHIEF !!!!!!!!
Old 09-13-2011, 03:49 PM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: BIGMIG

A little trick I used on PZIII idler's to remove them without trying to split them to get the off (did not want to take a chance on braking them )-Was to drill a small hole in the center of the hub just big enough to stick a screw driver (small jeweler size) into the hub and unscrew the screw.Very simple and easy.When you re-install them just fill the hole with a little hobby putty (just enough to plug the hole) and a little dab of touch up paint and only you will know the hole was ever there.If you ever need to pull it again it is just a matter of pushing the screwdriver through the plugged hole to remove it.Then repete the above process to hide the hole again.

For what it's worth

BIGMIG

X 2 That is exactly what I do.
Old 09-13-2011, 05:18 PM
WhiteWolf McBride

chiefsonn:

Ah, right. Being a single male, I tend to forget that polish remover has MEK aka Methylene Chloride as its main ingredient too. Then again, clear nail polish often makes a decent threadlocker...

I forgot about the " open a small hole for a driver-bit " solution as well... think the tips & Tricks sticky is often forgotten... wonder if Ken would let one of us go thru it and compile it to make it neater... I'd volunteer to be editor, if thats acceptable.

And as usual, if Mato or whomever won't supply a replacement, usually one of your buddies here has a loose opne in the spares binb ( just don't parts-beg, For-Sales & Wanted posts belong elsewhere, ~right~ ?)

And don't let yer SO catch ya using the polish remover... or you may end up replacing it ad-nauseum! (or she'll switch to the stuff thats ok for nails, buit crap for styrene-solvent!)

WhiteWolf
Old 09-13-2011, 08:38 PM
CHIEFSONN

I had picked up a gallon of MEK @ the home depot. the wife gets some from me. Ive used it on a few tanks to give the tank the rolled steel look,and have taken my HL KV-I completely apart.Ill try to post some pictures.thank you all again. Beg those guys are gone.
pictures sent to view.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Eb86703.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	110.0 KB
ID:	1662110   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kh17594.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	74.3 KB
ID:	1662111   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ol31577.jpg
Views:	20