Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

SLU = WOW!

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2011, 03:14 AM
torpedochief

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SLU = WOW!

Guys after I figured it out and paid attention to what I was doing this SLU is the best I have used!!!

The speaker and sound suite is top notch. Static and that horrible hissing are gone. The sounds are clear and crisp. There are even a few surprises in the sound system that will give you sound details you do not expect but will sure make you smile. I liked the backfire after shutdown. Nice touch. Now the Panzerleid sounds like an old recording (Which it is.) and is perfect.

The ESC unit operates very smooth with no jerky starts and stops. I found no electrical nose interfenence from any componants. Very quiet operation. With this sytem you can GET RID OF TRACK RECOIL!! Just J4 Jumper it away!

I have not tested the Battle system, but it has many settings that can be programmed with a remote keypad. (Damage, Rounds Left, Reload time . . .)

Installation is easy once you get RX-14 or RX-18 out of your head. If you have problems Tim is Johnny on the spot to assist. Soldering is minimal and if usingthe ole iron scares the bejeebies out of you you can plug in and use hot glue.

In this unit you have Front Lights, Rear Lights, and 2 MGs. Included are a set of LEDs for use as lights. The SLU does not support a Smoker. With the SLU you can use the Heng Long High voltage Flash or an LED Flash.

In all I am very Impressed with the SLU. It is a bit bulky, but what is packed inside is worth it. It is built for tankers, and can take some rough treatment. Circuit boards are protected by plexi-glass, and the PCB on the ESC is nice and thick with plenty of heat sink.

You get a lot of bang for your buck with this system. I know that I for one will be using it for most of my builds.

Don
Old 09-18-2011, 03:20 AM
Glen B

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: SLU = WOW!

ABSOLUTELY!

I have one operational and two in boxes on the shelf, one of which is now destined for the HL KT IR version I just ordered yesterday.

There is one issue, the track sqeeking sounds.

When I first started running my SLU equipped Tiger I's, it was bothering me because I was really thinking, wait a minute, I very carefully dry-lubed all the axles when I re-assembled it
Old 09-18-2011, 03:28 AM
torpedochief

You should hear an M1A1 that has been sitting in the motor pool for a week or two. They sqeak something horrible!!

Don
Old 09-18-2011, 05:49 AM
JB_DK

Looks like the SLU is worth the money, I have one on its way cross the pond to Denmark...I will probably be the first to try it out on danish soil... ;-)

Does any knows if it can work with an Asiatam recoil?
Old 09-18-2011, 08:05 AM
MAUS45

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

So if you want a smoker is there a way to adapt it?
Old 09-18-2011, 09:12 AM
Fireman Tim
My Feedback: (3)

I am glad you like it. Our club has fully embraced them. We are still trying to get Mr. SLU in Beijing to release a M4 with Chrysler engine. Its #1 on our priority list.

There are no connections for the smoker on the SLU. Perhaps a separate system that works off a 5th channel?
Old 09-18-2011, 10:19 AM
wright 971

Hi Why as no-one stated the extras on these units,Lights Head and tail on/off ,main gun fire and MG without the engine running,Mine is the Tiger1 and the sound of shell case ejecting is very good (when the engine is off)can also operate the turret traverse and elevation.
   When you start the engine the sounds are (using a Tamiya speaker)very very good .I would say almost as good as the Tamiya,but with the extra features I think its better than the Tamiya DMD/MF .

regards pete
Old 09-18-2011, 10:22 AM
Airbrushler

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

yes they are way cool, soundsand control are excellent
i know from using Stince's and Can't Wait to get my own SLU
Old 09-18-2011, 10:46 AM
1sgt

Anyone what to offer who sells the SLU?

Jim
Old 09-18-2011, 10:49 AM
Airbrushler

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

go to
http://soundandlightunit.weebly.com/
Old 09-18-2011, 12:12 PM
Fireman Tim

1sgt,

I retail the SLU. See my website above or drop me an email if you have any questions.

Tim
Old 09-18-2011, 03:46 PM
Panther G

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Tim, is there any word yet of when they will be making the Leopard 2 sound versions. I still have my LEO 2A5 that needs electronics because I just don't like the HL package I have in it now.
Old 09-18-2011, 05:56 PM
Fireman Tim

We have been hounding Mr. SLU regarding the M4 Chrysler variant. I will ask again about the Leo2 for ya.
Old 09-18-2011, 09:18 PM
B/Man

I'm surprised the SLU doesn't have a smoker connection. The Hooben electronics have a smoker port and as far as I know they are made by the same manufacturer.
Old 09-19-2011, 05:07 AM
Fireman Tim

Initially, the SLU had a smoker unit that you could connect to it. The version that we getting from the manufacturer does not. We inquired about getting the smoke unit circuit and were told it was no longer available.
Old 09-19-2011, 05:54 AM
Captain Action

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Smoker conection = two wire to battery + on /off switch on tank .... than you have a smoker option for 20 minutes before they break down, burns out and no longer work...
Me I want Tigers with Fricking laser beams on them, Wheres the Fricking laser beam option ???
Old 09-19-2011, 07:27 AM
wright 971

Hi The Laser can be switched on and off I think its L8 ,Something I wont use ever(laser that is) but may use it for other things.possible relay for smoker switch.

regards pete