Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

CAN-AM Battleday Feb 25th 2012

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

CAN-AM Battleday Feb 25th 2012

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 04:44 AM
Fireman Tim
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: CAN-AM Battleday Feb 25th 2012

Frank,

we are going to move the town to the fork in the river, so there is a lot of work to be done there. Yes some of the hills are being moved. Bridges and crossing points are going to be more strategically placed. So in short, lots of dirt to move and some cement to pour. March 28th is scheduled as a work/battle-day, to clean the field up and get it ready for the year (weather permitting).

Basically 5 built up areas separated by hills and trees. The village in the center with the airfield, Allied base, German base and farm in the 4 quadrants. We are going to expand the field by about 10'x50' as well.

I am going to begin prepping materials for the concrete forms. We are looking at the town needing some concrete footings and roads, although I am thinking of making a bunker complex for the German base.

The rivers that were cut are doing wonders for drainage. The field is still soggy, but not the swamp it was last year.

And my father Roland (Randal in Jordan's video LOL) made the bridge.
Old 02-27-2012, 04:58 AM
Airbrushler

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

LOL Great job on the bridge Roland
Old 02-27-2012, 04:59 AM
Strato50

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Ah crud... ><

I edited the youtube vid to properly reflect the names of person's involved ...
Old 02-27-2012, 06:04 AM
1sgt

Strato,
What kind of sound system are you using in your Tiger 1? Sounds really good. Your videos look great as well and congrats on your victory over the Pershing. Not sure if it was from the video perspective, but your battles don't seem to be as herky jerky as some I have seen in the past. I mean tanks doing stops and reverses that would test the best sport cars let alone a 40 to 50 ton tank. Well done.
As far as your outside battle field goes, if you guys are the only ones using the area, you could use 12x12 pavers as the bases for your building to sit on. Just an idea that would keep them level and afford quick set up. Thanks for sharing.

Jim
Old 02-27-2012, 06:14 AM
hulu

ORIGINAL: 1sgt

Strato,
What kind of sound system are you using in your Tiger 1? Sounds really good. Your videos look great as well and congrats on your victory over the Pershing.

Jim
He is using SLU System. you can find it here
http://soundandlightunit.weebly.com

Old 02-27-2012, 07:00 AM
1sgt

Hulu,
Thanks for the site. Could you tell me all that I would need to convert a HL airsoft tanks into an slu IR tank?
Thanks

Jim
Old 02-27-2012, 11:05 AM
Strato50

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

ORIGINAL: 1sgt

Strato,
What kind of sound system are you using in your Tiger 1? Sounds really good. Your videos look great as well and congrats on your victory over the Pershing. Not sure if it was from the video perspective, but your battles don't seem to be as herky jerky as some I have seen in the past. I mean tanks doing stops and reverses that would test the best sport cars let alone a 40 to 50 ton tank. Well done.
As far as your outside battle field goes, if you guys are the only ones using the area, you could use 12x12 pavers as the bases for your building to sit on. Just an idea that would keep them level and afford quick set up. Thanks for sharing.

Jim
Hulu's got it, SLU with Tiger 1 sounds. It wasn't much to install, but it helps to be handy with a soldering iron, as I extended some leads for lights, etc. The website above actually has some very helpful videos as to what the SLU includes.

I use a digital computer radio for aircraft (Dx6i) and have it set to 25% exponential control.. basically allows for much softer centre-stick control and more gradual acceleration & deceleration while moving the throttle gently. It's a feature designed for high-speed aircraft so that elevators and ailerons don't rip themselves off if your thumb twitches slightly
Old 02-27-2012, 02:00 PM
Fireman Tim
My Feedback: (3)

1sgt,

The SLU replaces the HL electronics. You will need a 4 channel hobby radio to operate the tank as the Heng Long one will not work with the SLU.
Old 02-27-2012, 02:29 PM
1sgt

ORIGINAL: Fireman Tim

1sgt,

The SLU replaces the HL electronics. You will need a 4 channel hobby radio to operate the tank as the Heng Long one will not work with the SLU.

So basically, I need to buy the SLU and a new radio with receiver to be battle ready. I'm doing a 1/18 M-48 conversion to RC ( see my other thread ). so, maybe this will be my test bed. Do I still need the RX - 18 from HL??

Thanks

Jim
Old 02-27-2012, 03:04 PM
Stince

The SLU completely replace all electronics, the only things you keep are are the gearboxes and motors.
Your M-48 might be tight on space though, does it have adeep hull. I'm currently fitting a Panzer 3 with a system now and it pretty tight.