Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

HL tiger I modification inquireie

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

HL tiger I modification inquireie

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2012, 01:20 PM
CHIEFSONN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HL tiger I modification inquireie

Gentleman, I'm writing today to see if there would be any interest in an upgrade which would properly position the turret on the Heng Long Tiger I. As some of you may know both the stock turret and the turret ring mount on the hull are positioned too far forward; in order to make the tank a more historically accurate replica, the turret and the turret ring should be more centrally located on the hull. I have corrected this issue on three of my Tigers and if there is an interest in this modification, I would be willing to manufacture a replacement bottom for the turret, as well as a cutting template for altering the hull, which becomes a simple and quick procedure when you use the template. If you guys think this modification is something that might interest you, pm me!
Old 03-24-2012, 01:34 PM
Airbrushler

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Default RE: HL tiger I modification inquireie

ORIGINAL: CHIEFSONN

Gentleman, I'm writing today to see if there would be any interest in an upgrade which would properly position the turret on the Heng Long Tiger I. As some of you may know both the stock turret and the turret ring mount on the hull are positioned too far forward; in order to make the tank a more historically accurate replica, the turret and the turret ring should be more centrally located on the hull. I have corrected this issue on three of my Tigers and if there is an interest in this modification, I would be willing to manufacture a replacement bottom for the turret, as well as a cutting template for altering the hull, which becomes a simple and quick procedure when you use the template. If you guys think this modification is something that might interest you, pm me!
Chiefsonn
that sounds interesting i do not have a tiger yet but it would be something i wouldwant, do you have pics showing the two differences side by side orlooking down from the topto see how far off they are compared to eachother
thanks

Greg
Old 03-25-2012, 12:24 PM
philipat

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sounds interesting...would it still support either IR or airsoft?
Old 03-26-2012, 08:58 PM
CHIEFSONN

Here are the pictures you requested,what you are looking @ is from left to right. The Tiger on the right has been corrected, in the next picture I am showing the difference between the too underside of the each turret,the one on the left has been modified with the ring positioned in the center & the turret on the right you see how off centered the ring is. and in the next picture sitting side by side we have the too upper hulls,the one on the left was corrected and has a turret ring that i fabricated for this tank and is to be a late tiger when finished. I have in this next picture the corrected turret & body showing how the turret sits centered in the ring followed by with the corrected body with the stock turret. the last picture shows the modified tank an the left and the stock HL on the right.

philipat I see no reason why it should not support IR or air soft.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx70574.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	54.1 KB
ID:	1743321   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd92797.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	61.6 KB
ID:	1743322   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr49732.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	1743323   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh15713.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	104.6 KB
ID:	1743324   Click image for larger version

Name:	Av69338.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	1743325   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx70916.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	75.8 KB
ID:	1743326  
Old 03-27-2012, 05:21 AM
mustclime

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, That centers the turret, what about the gun offset, turret shape?...good work btw
Old 03-27-2012, 05:37 AM
CHIEFSONN

Thats not what I showing and is a whole other modification.
Old 03-27-2012, 05:44 AM
mustclime

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Cool....Sounds like a cool mod for tiger owners....I am going another route but a very good idea.
Old 03-27-2012, 10:35 AM
cheap tank

Thank you again Chiefsonn i did this mod on my late model from your post in another forum. This is not that hard to do and for the improvement in scale function it is well worth it.