Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

More News 2.4ghz

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2012, 01:57 PM
ausf

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: More News 2.4ghz

ORIGINAL: FreakyDude

Ausf told me about them, about halfway down the page. Yeah I know I thought Ausf was a bit crazy too but I tossed my cash out and bought 3 of them. Sure enough about 10 days later 3 RX18 show up on my doorstep WITH the 8 pin plugs attached. ( They are all good too with no bugs, ticks or issues with any of them )
I can't believe the price of the metal tracks too[img][/img] 55 bucks I am sooo tempted to get a spare set. almost worth it just for a few links to put on my turrets etc.
http://www.bananahobby.com/electric-...311041106.html

ORIGINAL: Ten41

RX18's are 8 bucks, buy a box of them if your that worried.
Give the product a chance before you all bury it.
Where do you find RX18's for 8 bucks? I haven't found them for that price.

But what the heck do those tracks fit?
Old 07-05-2012, 02:31 PM
CHIEFSONN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do the rx 18 have that crappy caaa caaa caaa sound simulating the tank moving,the older one were much more pleasant to the ear.
Old 07-05-2012, 03:08 PM
ausf

ORIGINAL: CHIEFSONN

Do the rx 18 have that crappy caaa caaa caaa sound simulating the tank moving,the older one were much more pleasant to the ear.
I don't remember checking for sound. I only bought them because I thought I fried one of mine and I have 4 HL Tx/Rx combo that I don't use. I figured get spares to make Flak guns, bunker turrets and running dual motors in a torpedo boat kit.

I looked them over and they are the exact same as the recent S&S HL IRs and airsofts I bought.
Old 07-05-2012, 04:50 PM
FreakyDude

same sound as my other RX18's. I bought 4 more tonight because I am testing limits on stuff and I blow the odd one
Old 07-06-2012, 11:40 AM
wright 971

Hi Guys Have seen a video of the new system fitted in a Tiger,it sounds and acts like a RX18 on steroids.The sounds are exactly the same as the RX18,but louder the recoil jerk is massive..

Pitty they had a chance to make a major step forward and the have slipped on a Bannana.They could have put in correct sounds and a Tamiya compatable system ,insted of copying the RX18 .

I will not be buying one .

regards pete
Old 07-06-2012, 12:50 PM
FreakyDude

And there you have it. An RX18 with a 2.4ghz radio added in. solves one small problem, I guess I am happy though because I am willing to bet that the Mako boards I am carrying will work with this. Wright971 is right though, they had a huge opportunity to pull in some distance, it really is not that expensive to make a sound recording.

ORIGINAL: wright 971

Hi Guys Have seen a video of the new system fitted in a Tiger,it sounds and acts like a RX18 on steroids.The sounds are exactly the same as the RX18,but louder the recoil jerk is massive..

Pitty they had a chance to make a major step forward and the have slipped on a Bannana.They could have put in correct sounds and a Tamiya compatable system ,insted of copying the RX18 .

regards pete
Old 07-06-2012, 01:41 PM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

And there you have it. An RX18 with a 2.4ghz radio added in. solves one small problem, I guess I am happy though because I am willing to bet that the Mako boards I am carrying will work with this. Wright971 is right though, they had a huge opportunity to pull in some distance, it really is not that expensive to make a sound recording.

ORIGINAL: wright 971

regards pete

The Mako baords are plug and play right??? So what do you plug them in to?

Old 07-06-2012, 01:52 PM
YHR

I found the Website.

I will be very interested in how they handle adjusting the speed control when they develop the Mamba unit .
Old 07-06-2012, 02:26 PM
FreakyDude

I am thinking I'll plug my Mako boards right into the new 2.4 ghz RX18, I have seen the plug layout and with the exception of an 8 or 10 pin on the side it looks same.
I am thinking the DBC won't change either will it?

The RX18 already has the base information to handle the speed control, the Mako product routes that information hashes it up and returns it back in a more user friendly form.

end of the day I have an HL Panther G that has no issues killing Tamiya's, no hit shudders, all the track recoil is gone which I hated big time, and shortly will be 2.4ghz ( that is as soon as I get around to plugging in the RCTanks RC2HL board ).
My time right now is working feverishly on a bergtiger. It will go well with the Bergpanzer repair feature on the Mako board that I currently have stock on.

ORIGINAL: YHR

I found the Website.

I will be very interested in how they handle adjusting the speed control when they develop the Mamba unit .
Old 07-06-2012, 03:30 PM
YHR

I am thinking I'll plug my Mako boards right into the new 2.4 ghz RX18, I have seen the plug layout and with the exception of an 8 or 10 pin on the side it looks same.

The RX18 already has the base information to handle the speed control, the Mako product routes that information hashes it up and returns it back in a more user friendly form.

end of the day I have an HL Panther G that has no issues killing Tamiya's, no hit shudders, all the track recoil is gone which I hated big time, and shortly will be 2.4ghz ( that is as soon as I get around to plugging in the RCTanks RC2HL board ).
My time right now is working feverishly on a bergtiger. It will go well with the Bergpanzer repair feature on the Mako board that I currently have stock on.

I found the Website.

No, this will not work with the DBC line. I would have to pop the top off and see if there is somewhere on the board to tie in to. I think you are OK with the Mako IR side of things as this just plugs into the IR side of things which this new board still has. The RC and the new MAmba unit are the ones I think you may have to look at real close. Honestly before people spend money on this they need to look at the Mako RC unit and the DBC RC unit first. The MAko and the DBCRC give the user the choice of bindable recievers and quality radios. THis set up looks like it comes come with a factory bound receiver. SO the question will be, does every tank need its own radio, and what happens if either you have trouble with the radio or receiver???.

Lots of unasnwered questions yet, but I guess we will know the answers soon. I already put my foot in my mouth a couple of times in this thread, and I have no room for the third
Old 07-06-2012, 05:36 PM
FreakyDude

well I would suggest you need only find the place to tap into the board. HL it would seem has little if any creativity, without something to copy they seem to be stuck with what do we do next.
I don't see this affecting the mamba, the sound module would have been the big thing but appearences have the slots in the same spots so I would think it is the same function same program etc.
the RC part well to be honest if it has nothing to do with the Mako stuff anyway so the 2.4 part is a moot point. there is enough older HL stuff out there that needs to be bumped to 2.4 anyway.

I think everyone wins on this one. Eventually.

Old 07-06-2012, 05:49 PM
ausf

If the Rx is connected via printed circuit, which I'd imagine it is, it would be very tough to tap. Impossible to expect the end user to do, hence the plug and play of all the aftermarket systems.

I see this a lateral move, not forward. 2.4 has to be cheaper than 27 meg crystals at this point. Same way the flat screens took over tube. Expensive at first, but after adoption manufacturing of the new overtakes the old and the old gets harder to make. 27 is like a Black and White TV.

They can also eliminate the antenna, which will cut costs and assembly.

It's a toy grade Tx. Unless it's bindable, it's a step backwards because it excludes adaptability, but offers little gain.
Old 07-07-2012, 08:10 AM
YHR

well I would suggest you need only find the place to tap into the board. HL it would seem has little if any creativity, without something to copy they seem to be stuck with what do we do next.
I don't see this affecting the mamba, the sound module would have been the big thing but appearences have the slots in the same spots so I would think it is the same function same program etc.
the RC part well to be honest if it has nothing to do with the Mako stuff anyway so the 2.4 part is a moot point. there is enough older HL stuff out there that needs to be bumped to 2.4 anyway.

I think everyone wins on this one. Eventually.

I read the instruction manual of this new ESC, and at least it is bindable. This means you can bind all your tanks to just one radio, and not have to pack around an individual radio for each tank. So that is good news.

Can you find out how the MAMBA was going to interface with the RX 18? IN order to slow the tank down when it has been hit, you need the electronics to interface with the speed control. The DBC line does this through the 3 wire control cable betwen the RX and RX18 intercepts the signal and changes the output to the motor before it leaves the RX 18.. THe IBU went a differerent route and taps into the RX 18 Motor outputs after they leave the RX 18, so it will work OK with this new ESC.

It all depends on how the Mamba was going to do this to know if i will be OK with this or not. Maybe you can find out for us.

For me, I need to have a look at this new controller and have a look inside to see if there is somewhere where I can tap into it. It won't be plug and play as I will have to solder to the board, but at least it would be doable.
Old 07-07-2012, 08:46 AM
FreakyDude

As soon as the boards are ready I'll let you know.  the mamba is scheduled to come out soon. 

The new 2.4 system I don't think will be a seller, for what is does the $100 plus dollar cost is ridiculous frankly.  you want 2.4ghz I and others have boards that will make the switch out at a considerably lower cost.

Honestly the DBC will get around any issue as well. the DBC may have to change a plug or solder onto the board but that is still quite a simple task.

Old 07-07-2012, 10:51 AM
YHR

As soon as the boards are ready I'll let you know. the mamba is scheduled to come out soon.

The new 2.4 system I don't think will be a seller, for what is does the $100 plus dollar cost is ridiculous frankly. you want 2.4ghz I and others have boards that will make the switch out at a considerably lower cost.

Honestly the DBC will get around any issue as well. the DBC may have to change a plug or solder onto the board but that is still quite a simple task.

Maybe not, but if this is the new stock equipment that comes with new tanks we will be stuck with it.
Old 07-30-2012, 12:18 AM
borealis

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Does anyone know (or guess) what the circled 9P connector is for?

Old 07-30-2012, 05:48 AM
strmnd54

I ordered one of these last week from Welsh Dragon and should receive it anytime soon ...
I know from reviews on another forum that the sound of the main gun and the track recoil are tied together like on the RX-18 ..
As for the mystery connector ; I have no clue so far ...
Could it be the 9 pins " Messiah" that will redeem the design ????
Old 07-30-2012, 07:09 AM
strmnd54

Wow !!! Just received my unit 10 minutes ago ...Took 5 working days to get it ( Is Steve slowing down ???)
Don't have time to post an extensive review today because I'm getting ready for work ...
But here's a quick answer about the mystery 9 pins connector as seen on the picture ...
It doesn't exist on the real board
There's only traces of the connector on the p.c. board
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge95161.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	61.2 KB
ID:	1787597  
Old 07-30-2012, 07:19 AM
mustclime

I was afraid of that...that plug was for the flux capacitor.....

guess they were having issues getting the tanks upto 86.7 mph...... that means there will be no time jumps on the battlefield.
Old 07-30-2012, 12:48 PM
FreakyDude

LOL. 
I was hoping for an improved board but it appears that this is the same RX18 with mods you can do at home. For those interested in converting the RX18 to a 2.4ghz radio system their are options that are sub 80.00. Major difference being that the RC2HL system I sell won't kill everything in your tank if the board blows. In addition you have the choice of several different radio types that allow control of more than one tank.
Old 07-30-2012, 06:11 PM
FreakyDude

Seems this system is unique to taigen even with its own OR signal, the Mako is being reprogrammed to work with the taigen but as it stands I do not think anything will plug and play with taigen.

I found the Website.

No, this will not work with the DBC line. I would have to pop the top off and see if there is somewhere on the board to tie in to. I think you are OK with the Mako IR side of things as this just plugs into the IR side of things which this new board still has. The RC and the new MAmba unit are the ones I think you may have to look at real close. Honestly before people spend money on this they need to look at the Mako RC unit and the DBC RC unit first. The MAko and the DBCRC give the user the choice of bindable recievers and quality radios. THis set up looks like it comes come with a factory bound receiver. SO the question will be, does every tank need its own radio, and what happens if either you have trouble with the radio or receiver???.

Lots of unasnwered questions yet, but I guess we will know the answers soon. I already put my foot in my mouth a couple of times in this thread, and I have no room for the third
Old 07-30-2012, 10:38 PM
borealis

Is it possible to see the inside of the board? Please open it and take a couple of pictures of both sides!
Old 07-31-2012, 04:11 AM
strmnd54

If you want a good technical review of the unit , check the one from Kevin ( RcTanksAustralia) on this forum: www.rctankwarfare.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php

Meanwhile , here's some pics of my unit ...
Notice that the taigen module is totally different that the RX-18 ...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh17202.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	1787824   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vq50124.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	84.1 KB
ID:	1787825   Click image for larger version

Name:	In28078.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	78.6 KB
ID:	1787826   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pj17989.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	64.7 KB
ID:	1787827   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gr91349.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	55.0 KB
ID:	1787828  
Old 07-31-2012, 06:04 AM
strmnd54

Here's a short video of the module ...
Notice that the track recoil is so jerky and draws so much power that my old 2000mAh torro NiMH test battery ( although fully charged )couldn't supply enough power and the sound of the cannon was cutting off .... I had to disconnect the motors to get the cannon sound ...

The track recoil has to go !!!!
youtu.be/nxTwIpDGUMk
Old 07-31-2012, 10:21 PM
borealis

Thanks for the pictures

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.