Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

KV 1 build

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2013, 09:43 AM
Jeff489
My Feedback: (12)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Nice to hear the KV is coming along. Geardowns work nice in the KVs. I put some of your geardowns in a Tammy Kv chassis. Had to move the speaker forward a bit, and redrill the speaker mount holes. Also, had adjust the angle of the driver side geardown (re-drill it's mount holes) to clear the engine deck lower tray. Works like a dream.
Old 10-02-2013, 10:48 AM
sevoblast

Received 54 Likes on 40 Posts

Nice to hear that, Jeff. I'll fool around with the geometry later this week. It's raining and danged cold down here for early October, so it's tank and write time for sure! I know I'll have to get the left gear down laying almost on the right one, but I think it's doable. I'll give it the old college try for sure. If you've got a pic or two can you pop them to me either here or via email?
Old 10-03-2013, 07:51 AM
Jeff489
My Feedback: (12)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'll have to dig it out and snap one for you. It was on a KV2 I did it on. Your KV is coming along very nice. It's enjoyable to read about it.

I'm not sure if one is available, but one very nice option on a KV series tank is a metal rear MG. The plastic ones had about a 100% breakage rate in my experience (due to handling) on all my KV's. I ended up using some piano wire to make the gun barrels and it's passable.
Old 10-03-2013, 09:28 AM
sevoblast

Received 54 Likes on 40 Posts

I've got one for the rear MG, part of the Aber Kit. My hands are getting old, as are my eyes, but I think I can build it. If not, I know I've got a TM KV MG.