Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Etoarmour.com

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2012, 10:50 AM
sevoblast

Received 54 Likes on 40 Posts
Default Etoarmour.com

Gentlemen, you all know that Joey, aka Yellowshaker, is my shipper. To the best of my knowledge, he and his Mum came through the storm with no damage or injuries. However, because of the situation up there across the harbor from NYC, no water, no electric, no internet, no cell service, no hard line phone service, and no Post, nothing, Eto will not be able to ship until the situation returns to normal. This will take about two weeks I would aver.

That being said, I was quite worried about not only Joey and his Mum, but all our fellow tankers who live in the AO that the storm passed through. VCO and I are very thankful that none of you were injured and all are OK. Our thoughts and prayers are with you all.

Kind regards and God bless all of you

Bob and Ye'lean'chka
Old 11-01-2012, 11:12 AM
DirtyBird69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Etoarmour.com

whew...thanks for the update....was a little worried about Joe....glad him and his family are ok.. 
Old 11-01-2012, 12:43 PM
jarndice

Received 64 Likes on 60 Posts

Amen to that, from this side of the ocean it looked horrendous, please dear friends take care.
Old 11-01-2012, 01:34 PM
sevoblast

He and his Mum are both OK. Hopefully I will speak to him in the next few days via cell. I call every couple hours, but each time it says 'no service'. Eventually I'll get through.
Old 11-01-2012, 02:26 PM
Rebellion13

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Joes area was hit harder then where I live and we are still without electricity, it will be awhile. I went for a ride and counted no less then 20 telephone poles down, and a ton of trees (we lost 4) it is a mess. It was definitely scary.

Cheers
Wade
Old 11-01-2012, 03:02 PM
Airbrushler

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Glad everyone is ok there hope things get back to normal soon
Old 11-01-2012, 04:11 PM
Panther G

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was worried about him too. I'm just about an hour south of him. We got it bad but nothing like his area and the shores. NY. and NJ. got hammered.
Old 11-01-2012, 06:24 PM
Buckeye36
My Feedback: (3)

Keep trying Bob, Mike and I both talked to him today.
Old 11-02-2012, 11:35 AM
sevoblast

I finally got to talk to Joey earlier this evening. The little drippy nosed dickens is doing OK, but of course frustrated with the slow movement of repairs and service restoration in his AO. He has food, gas, and water, and even though electric is still out, ergo no 'net or lights, with gas at least they can heat the kitchen with the oven. I was very concerned about his Mum with the cold and damp. He says she is doing fine at this time. We will go to Church this Sunday and offer a Te Deum for he and his Mum's safety, along with all of our fellow tankers who have come through this disaster.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig11075.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	223.1 KB
ID:	1816870   Click image for larger version

Name:	Eb86861.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	283.5 KB
ID:	1816871  
Old 11-02-2012, 11:46 AM
yellowshaker
My Feedback: (1)

I'm back Sev! Just got power up here for most of us...my GF still hass nothing at her home, but it is getting restored throughout the town. There is no perder here with all of the people trying to gas up. Cops are at every station that is running to keep the peace. Seems that I will wait home through the night for things to calm down some before enturig out to gas up myself. No use sitting there for hours only to hear that they have ru the pumps dry. Military has been steadily flying overhead for the past 2 days too. Also see plenty of coast guard in the area and some Hum vees in town. FEMA is set up here, but the lines are extremely long and I have enough food to get through with out them. In any case, I appreciate oll of the guys who have tryed non stop to make contact and keep our spirits up. You guys are awesome! Post is up and running to some degree...but I thik they are limited service at the moment.
Old 11-02-2012, 12:18 PM
sevoblast

Told ya when we spoke a few hours ago that all would be OK. Now if the idiots can get the pertol situation in hand, all will be good.

Food ain't the question. How's the 'spirits' situation holding up?
Old 11-02-2012, 12:48 PM
yellowshaker

Spirits are fine for my group. Some peopel though are not so lucky. I have heard people saying we are all going tgo die and no one is helping us. Even on the radio I heard such things by people in distress. I feel that being prepared is the key to keeping spirits up and simply ride out the storm. Sometimes it is easier said than done, and for some, especially the older follks, this isn't an option. I fell terrible for those who do not have any comfort...those who are alone. I wish no one was in that situation. there were terrible fres and loss of lives and homes. This was not the same impact as Katrina, but many were still affected by it...some temporarily...others permanently. Pray for them.
Old 11-02-2012, 12:54 PM
sevoblast

Trust me, we will pray for all of them. The Te Deum will start tomorrow and go for a week.
Old 11-02-2012, 01:13 PM
Rebellion13

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Still no power for us, though I do live in a lot of farmland, and it takes awhile to clear all the debris before they can work on the lines. I think I saw a cow go past the window Monday night lol. Glad you and your mom are doing ok brother.

Cheers
Wade
Old 11-02-2012, 01:26 PM
yellowshaker

Wade, I didn't know you huys lost power too. I hope they get it going for you soon. It ain't no fun, that's for sure. Stay safe my brother.
Old 11-02-2012, 01:33 PM
MAUS45

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

Thank you God that Joey and his mom are safe and remember those who still need help and comfort. Comfort those who have lost loved ones and give them peace. Amen!

Thanks for doing the Te Deum. My wife Jania, is Russian as well. She told me about this. I would like to see and hear this. Prayer unending for a whole week. It must be amazing to experience it.
Old 11-03-2012, 10:18 AM
sevoblast

Maus, the Te Deum is in effect as we speak. Prayers are read for most the day and at every service during the day, of which there are many.

Our Church is St. Nikolas in Sevastopol.
Old 11-03-2012, 10:50 AM
sevoblast

Well, fellow tankers, Joey is up and running, as is ETO. Joey has electric and 'net, so orders are being processed. Shipments will commence I would say middle of next week if not sooner. Post is a tad slow in getting back to normal, but that's to be expected coming off the Storm of the Century.

And hats off to Joey for getting back to it the instant he got electric. I hate to say it, but he's a good lad through and through.
Old 11-25-2012, 08:00 AM
pattoncommander

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bob, The photos are great...,makes my wife homesick...She's from Romania and used to Russian Orthodox Churches. We have a small one here and they are awesome around Christmas time. The choir is amazing...I'd love to play along with my Renaissance instruments, but only vocal allowed.
Bill
Old 11-25-2012, 09:37 AM
wsn123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Te Deum Laudamus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLwBlTaOGIQ&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UN35U5xFZM&feature=related