Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Waltersons 105mm Sherman

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2012, 06:22 AM
Elefant

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Waltersons 105mm Sherman

ORIGINAL: no12skyline

Spotted in a Hong Kong RC store window - I think its safe to say its no longer vaporware:

We need more pics !!!

It is the most cruel teasing I've ever seen...
Old 11-24-2012, 06:37 AM
FreakyDude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the post no12skyline, I have pictures but they are ping and RCU doesn't allow pings to be loaded plus they are actaually graphics but anyway. Those two tanks are the base or mid base with the plastic tracks.
The metal version package is quite nice

Spotted in a Hong Kong RC store window - I think its safe to say its no longer vaporware:

Old 11-24-2012, 06:40 AM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

NOW we are getting somewhere! So we gotta boxart picture, where is the actual picture of the tank? And where did this image come from?

No one used the word vaporware but speculation is expected when we see the first image in this thread ALL THE TIME!

~ Jeff
Old 11-24-2012, 07:09 AM
Rebellion13

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

One thing that I am interested in, is the vvss. Wondering if it is a "working" suspension and to scale? I have been holding off on getting the metal vvss, only because of cost. If the upper mato hull would graft to this lower might save me some money, or I could just buck up and buy the dam metal ones lol.

Cheers,
Wade
Old 11-24-2012, 07:15 AM
B.A.D.A.S.S.Force

Ahhh, see now, that's just not right posting those pictures ... you just ruined everyone's fun in getting their chance to post multiple times how each one of them still won't believe it until they see it for themselves, in person, or with new real pictures or video of one ... you've also taken FreakyDude's opportunity away from him to say, "See, I told ya so!" when he shows his own pictures of the Sherman tank when he get's the order he placed in his possession ... I'm disappointed now.

Ha Ha , not for LONG ... I want my Sherman!

~ Craig ~

PS: Maybe those pictures were just "Photoshopped" too .... BWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAA
Old 11-24-2012, 07:33 AM
ROLLIN ARMOUR

Looks like a Heng Long Box. At least it has IR.
Old 11-24-2012, 07:46 AM
Panther F

ORIGINAL: FreakyDude

Thanks for the post no12skyline, I have pictures but they are ping and RCU doesn't allow pings to be loaded plus they are actaually graphics but anyway. Those two tanks are the base or mid base with the plastic tracks.

I am not the smartest Internet guy but I believe all one must do is re-name the image at YOUR source and it will work.

(Example: JPEG substitute for PING)

But we do need REAL pictures right now.

~ Jeff
Old 11-24-2012, 08:31 AM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

OK those pictures stoke the fire. These look like the Heng Longs. There has been enough smoke around this release. I am happy to see the fire!!!!!!!
Old 11-24-2012, 08:39 AM
YHR

ORIGINAL: B.A.D.A.S.S.Force

Ahhh, see now, that's just not right posting those pictures ... you just ruined everyone's fun in getting their chance to post multiple times how each one of them still won't believe it until they see it for themselves, in person, or with new real pictures or video of one ... you've also taken FreakyDude's opportunity away from him to say, ''See, I told ya so!'' when he shows his own pictures of the Sherman tank when he get's the order he placed in his possession ... I'm disappointed now. [img][/img]

Ha Ha [img][/img], not for LONG ... I want my Sherman!

~ Craig ~

PS: Maybe those pictures were just ''Photoshopped'' too .... BWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAA [img][/img]

Well this is the first sign of a real 1/16 Sherman tank from Heng Long. Two or three years of rumours has numbed some of us to the idea that we would actually be seeing one of these. Being that these are in Heng Long boxes I guess the tank is finally here. Good news indeed for us Shermaholics.
Old 11-24-2012, 10:00 AM
DirtyBird69

Thank god...finally a standard Sherman with the standard style turret...even the graphics look good...might be my chance to get an allied tank....Wonder if it will come with a 2.4GHZ system? Perfectopportunity to try a Clark board.... can't afford much else after my Elefant/Elmod lol....
Old 11-24-2012, 10:18 AM
ksoc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

On a Mac, to change file type (PING to JPEG) you open with a graphics viewing such as Preview. You then 'Save As' or 'Export'. When the window pops up allowing you to rename the file, you can also change the file type from .PNG to .JPG.

Assuming there is some similar program in Windows.
Old 11-24-2012, 10:58 AM
Panther F

ORIGINAL: B.A.D.A.S.S.Forc

PS: Maybe those pictures were just ''Photoshopped'' too .... BWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAA [img][/img]

With the distortion from the glass it would be hard to photoshop this. Plus, these appear to be IR Shermans too!

~ Jeff
Old 11-24-2012, 12:16 PM
B.A.D.A.S.S.Force

ORIGINAL: Panther F

ORIGINAL: B.A.D.A.S.S.Forc

With the distortion from the glass it would be hard to photoshop this. Plus, these appear to be IR Shermans too!

~ Jeff
Yeah Jeff, really ... I'm sure everyone here needed that PS quote of mine to be discredited & corrected with actual logic ... as if I actually meant it to be serious ... .... come on, it was a light hearted stab for all of us who at one time or another have used the skeptical approach of, "It can't be real, must be Photoshopped!" ..... as well as for those that *still* want to use it regardless of any proof the Sherman M4A3 105 Howitzer LIVES ... BWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAA AAAAA

~ Craig ~

Old 11-24-2012, 12:29 PM
Panther F

We now need them to open the box and snap away!

BWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAA AAAAA [:'(]

~ Jeff
Old 11-24-2012, 05:44 PM
Airbrushler

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Even if they look like this to me they still look like they would need painting, detailing and weathering i think they will still look like plastic out of the box
Old 11-24-2012, 06:39 PM
Tanque

Received 95 Likes on 82 Posts

I have but one question:

Why the heck another 105? Wasn't 38 years of living in the shadow of Tamiya's enough?

Jerry
Old 11-24-2012, 06:44 PM
YHR

Well it has VVSS
Old 11-24-2012, 07:11 PM
no12skyline

It seems like this is the combination of two unique Shermans on the market - the upper hull of Tamiya with some modifications and the lower hull and suspension of the Mato. With a bit of modification to the mantlet and gun, this Sherman is the closest we've come to a mass-production Sherman yet. I'm sure some enterprising individuals, or even Heng Long themselves, may have this waiting in the wings.
Old 11-24-2012, 10:55 PM
Elefant

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: Tanque

I have but one question:

Why the heck another 105? Wasn't 38 years of living in the shadow of Tamiya's enough?

Jerry
To fit the bloody BB gun ?? [:'(]
Old 11-25-2012, 02:04 AM
Panther F

ORIGINAL: Elefant

ORIGINAL: Tanque

I have but one question:

Jerry
To fit the bloody BB gun ?? [:'(]

Ahh, it's an IR tank. At least the one in the store behind the glass is.

You know, the one that's not Photoshopped.

~ Jeff
Old 11-25-2012, 04:07 AM
swathdiver

ORIGINAL: DirtyBird69

finally a standard Sherman with the standard style turret
What is a "standard sherman"? The most popular were the M4 and M4A1 with the narrow hatches. But if you were British, the M4A4 was your "standard sherman". It really depends on when and what theater of operations you want to depict to see what the "standard sherman" would be.

This new tank M4A3(105) was a not designed for fighting tanks but for artillery, bunker busting and anti-personel use. The Mato Mart M4A1(76)W was designed for fighting other tanks.

Take the Mato T23 turret and stick it on this A3 hull and one can create the most popular 76mm Sherman used by the Americans.
Old 11-25-2012, 05:20 AM
Panther F

DirtyBird is correct by pointing out that this high bustle turret (same as the Tamiya M4 turret) is more commonly used than the T23 that MATO has. Even a low bustle turret was generally a more common sight than the up-gunned turret.

~ Jeff

Old 11-25-2012, 06:50 AM
FreakyDude

Their are 6 versions available of this Tank here are all six starting with Plastic tracks, idler and drive wheels
Bare Tank
1/16 Scale U.S Sherman M4A3 (105mm Howitzer)
BB Bullet (No Smoke Effect + Airsoft)
3898NA0
Regular Version:
- Plain Oliver green colour, - Polysterene Package, - Regular User Manual
- Plastic Gear Box, Plastic Sprockets, Idle Wheels and Tracks
- Regular Paper Box 38 16.5 17 Product Dimension:38 x16.5x17 cm Carton Dimension: 54 x 45 x 69 cm
Next version is the same But with Smoke and Airsoft

Next version same but with Infra Red and Smoke
Then the Metal Versions are available
3898PNA
Premium Version:
- Custom Paint Body work, - Zinc Alloy Track with Paint effect, - Zinc Alloy Sprockets, Idle Wheels
+ Gear Box, - Special Edition User Manual, - EPE Foam Black Package, All
New Accessories Boxes, Product Dimension 38 16.5 17 cm, Carton Dimension:67 x 50 x 45 cm
Next Metal Version Is Airsoft and Smoke
Next Version is Infra Red and Smoke
So I am thinking of jumping the reviews and ordering Tanks so we all have a chance to get one by Christmas
They will need to be air freight in so I am thinking of getting these into stock asap
Bare Tanks so we have something to mod in the coming cold months
Fully Dressed Metal Versions
Old 11-25-2012, 07:09 AM
Glen B

ORIGINAL: FreakyDude

Bare Tank
3898NA0
Regular Version:
- Plain Oliver green colour, - Polysterene Package, - Regular User Manual
- Plastic Gear Box, Plastic Sprockets, Idle Wheels and Tracks
- Regular Paper Box 38 16.5 17 Product Dimension:38 x16.5x17 cm Carton Dimension: 54 x 45 x 69 cm
Next version is the same But with Smoke and Airsoft

Next version same but with Infra Red and Smoke
Then the Metal Versions are available
3898PNA
Premium Version:
- Custom Paint Body work, - Zinc Alloy Track with Paint effect, - Zinc Alloy Sprockets, Idle Wheels
+ Gear Box, - Special Edition User Manual, - EPE Foam Black Package, All
New Accessories Boxes, Product Dimension 38 16.5 17 cm, Carton Dimension:67 x 50 x 45 cm
I don't know if any of them are currently in the market, but I know that the "Sherman enthusiasts" in our club would convert either of those to IR, they have done it enough with Mato's.

Old 11-25-2012, 07:10 AM
FreakyDude

Pricing for now this is what I can quote and realisticly their might be a 10 or 20 dollar upcharge on the air freighted ones but I have no quotes on shipping yet because its the weekend, Monday will see a more  accurate price

Bare Sherman $119.00
With Smoker  $130.00
With Smoker and Infra Red  $145.00

Metal version NO smoke and airsoft  $194.89
Metal Version smoke and Airsoft         $212.89
Metal Version Infra Red  $228.89
Sometime today these prices and sherman info will be loaded on my web site www.shop.immortalhobbies.com
Its up to you guys now to tell me which versions you want, As I said in my other post I think the base and the full versions are the ones to have in stock but that is just my opinion which sometimes doesn't doesn't even get me a coffee lol  Thanks for any input you tankers have.

oh and by the way for the Sherman I will have special rates for painting and weathering as a Christmas Special. 

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.