Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

MP3 Trigger for 18 sounds on MicroSD for Tanks(?)

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

MP3 Trigger for 18 sounds on MicroSD for Tanks(?)

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2012, 09:32 AM
tsull

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MP3 Trigger for 18 sounds on MicroSD for Tanks(?)

This is really interesting and I was wondering if anyone has seen it or is testing it?
The MP3 Trigger uses MP3 audio stored on a Mircro SD (change out tank sounds) and has the ability to be triggered by up to 18 different "switches" or actions. You can also trigger a series of sequential sounds back to back (engine revving?). At only $49.99 per unit, it's one of the most cost effective sound units I've seen. You can see it at http://solarbotics.com/product/50750/ (lots of interesting things on this site).
Unfortunately, it would take someone smarter than me to see if it can be configured for a tank. I believe the challenge would be the engine sounds...
But- it's a great price!
tjs
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo41218.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	20.3 KB
ID:	1826951  
Old 12-06-2012, 07:35 AM
hiramekisama

Default RE: MP3 Trigger for 18 sounds on MicroSD for Tanks(?)

ORIGINAL: tsull

This is really interesting and I was wondering if anyone has seen it or is testing it?
The MP3 Trigger uses MP3 audio stored on a Mircro SD (change out tank sounds) and has the ability to be triggered by up to 18 different "switches" or actions. You can also trigger a series of sequential sounds back to back (engine revving?). At only $49.99 per unit, it's one of the most cost effective sound units I've seen. You can see it at http://solarbotics.com/product/50750/ (lots of interesting things on this site).
Unfortunately, it would take someone smarter than me to see if it can be configured for a tank. I believe the challenge would be the engine sounds...
But- it's a great price!
tjs

Quite on the contrary. It's the worse sound unit I've ever seen, cost and functions; although may be user friendly, but that just it.

http://www.mdfly.com/index.php?main_...roducts_id=284

Old 12-06-2012, 08:41 AM
tsull

That's good to know. Thanks for your input.
Still waiting for the Controller that provides everything (including sounds on a Micro SD) in a small size and, of course, for next to nothing!
tjs
Old 12-06-2012, 04:01 PM
hiramekisama

ORIGINAL: tsull

That's good to know. Thanks for your input.
Still waiting for the Controller that provides everything (including sounds on a Micro SD) in a small size and, of course, for next to nothing!
tjs

I have waited too long as well. Until I realized that it wasn't going to happen. All the electronic units on the market are overpriced and offer limited functions. And no matter how much you mod them, they will never be able to do all the things you want it to do.

So, a year ago I decided to learn C++ and the arduino. I built my own FM transmitter and tank unit from the arduino. The good thing about building your own system is that you're not limited to just 6 channels or 8 channels, you can design it however many you need. Also, being able to achieve 360 rotation by wireless communication is very nice as well. I manged to get to get everything work but still working on the sound (using that same unit I posted.) It's still a prototype, so it's a bit messy.

Old 12-06-2012, 04:21 PM
MAUS45

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

Wow!!! Very Cool !!! To be able to build your own electronics.
Old 12-06-2012, 08:13 PM
tsull

You are my hero! Wow, I almost ordered a introduction book on the Ardiuno last night. At the last minute I stopped as it will be that route or buying a cnc mill and learning how to program and operate that.
Thanks for sharing that.
Tjs