Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Looking to get into R/C Tanks. Have some questions

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Looking to get into R/C Tanks. Have some questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2013, 08:28 AM
paintjockey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking to get into R/C Tanks. Have some questions

As the title says. Looking to get into R/C tanks. Not new to RC i've bashed trucks for years and I model largescale trainsandconvert themall to R/C DCC as well. I've always like tanks so, I figured I'd give them a try. I've pretty much settled on Heng Long mostly due to cost. Here's my questions, which have probly been answered a million times.
Are there any upgrades for HL tanks that are a must? I see the metal gear box, the tracks smoke and sound etc etc etc... I get kinda lost looking at them all. Is there any way to slow them down? some videos I watch they are just too fast I'm a fan of realistic operations. Are any of the HL tanks better than the others? I'm a big fan of the sherman, mainly the M4A3E8 but right now i'd just like a tank to run. I'm sure I have more questions but thats it for now.
Thanks
Terry

Old 03-12-2013, 08:36 AM
DirtyBird69

Default RE: Looking to get into R/C Tanks. Have some questions

If your trying to keep cost down but still want some quality I'd reccomend the taigen brand..they are basically Heng Longs with Asiatam brand upgrades already installed..at this point the KV-1 and Tiger are the better ones as they metal chassis,and a torsion bar suspension as opposed to the stupid little springs that come on the standard Heng Longs..then upgrade the speaker and RX-18 control board with a Clark TK-22 and you'ld have a decent sounding,battle ready tank for a good price..
Old 03-12-2013, 08:43 AM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

Hi Terry, and welcome aboard here.

Everyone will chime in with their "must do" list, and for the most part they are all right.

My list would be to make it efficient like adding bearings, braces... etc., then add the electronics that you like.

~ Jeff

Old 03-12-2013, 08:56 AM
Ronan87

In before the "Tamiya is the only way' crowd.

So the big question: What's your budget? $200? $500? $1000?

Depending of the answer, we will suggest different things
Old 03-12-2013, 09:20 AM
DirtyBird69

LOL that's what I'm saying....

ORIGINAL: Ronan87

In before the "Tamiya is the only way' crowd.

So the big question: What's your budget? $200? $500? $1000?

Depending of the answer, we will suggest different things
Old 03-12-2013, 09:45 AM
paintjockey

Tamiya models are nice but too much money for me to start. I devote most of my hobby money to my trains. The R/C truck is around to punish and let out frustration   The tank will be just to play with....

The closest club I have found is 4 hours away so battleing isn't a real big deal for me. I'm just going to assault my train layout with it and roll it around the back yard.

Old 03-12-2013, 09:48 AM
Rustytrax

Next question would be what are you going to do with the tank? IE backyard tooling around, battle with other tanks etc.

If you choose the IR battle and you happen to get involved with a group they will most likely have Tamiya battle units or compatible types making the group work together.
If you simply want an RC tank because it's cool and could careless about subtle details and fancy functions then you have a much larger pool to choose from.
Oh and lastly a used finished tank is something to keep an eye out for. You can get a great deal if you have time. One tank is never enough!
Old 03-12-2013, 09:54 AM
Rustytrax

Man you are fast you answered before my post was complete. I would get a smaller tank like the PZ3 or 4, stug or Sherman to play with the trains. Any others are much bigger than you'd first expect them to be. You can get a taigen or HL pretty reasonably priced to do exactly what you want.
Old 03-12-2013, 10:04 AM
sevoblast

Received 54 Likes on 40 Posts

What scale trains do you have and what brand?
Old 03-12-2013, 10:18 AM
paintjockey

My trains are 1:20 scale. A bit smaller than the 1:16 tanks but for just playing around I'm not too concerned. My trains are mainly bachmann with a few LGB thrown in. All of them are kitbashed and converted to battery power R/C DCC. With an outside setting I thought it would be fun to run the tanks around the layout. IR battle isn't a huge seller for me right now as the backyard is all the farther the tank will travel.
Terry
Old 03-12-2013, 10:25 AM
Panther F

ORIGINAL: Ronan87

In before the ''Tamiya is the only way' crowd.

Nope... you're about thirteen minutes late, but notice I didn't go that route.

I tend to go ALL Tamiya electronics with my vehicles, that way there's no problems or teething issues. But I know others have a spending limit (and so do I) and or like having a variety.

My projects just take longer to finish this way.

~ Jeff
Old 03-12-2013, 10:33 AM
sevoblast

Received 54 Likes on 40 Posts

OK, LGB is 2 guage narrow. Don't know about the Bachmann. Your tank will be roughly, very roughly, the same scale, and if memory serves will fit on the LGB two axle flat car depending on which tank you buy. Panzer 3 and Stug 3 are the smallest.

Quality in tanks is as disparate as between the trains, and I'm sure you know the quality differences in your hobby and what is also my other hobby, albeit HO, not 2 guage.

I personally run mostly Tamiya, but also have Heng Long, Hooben and Wecohe. Heng Long is a good starter tank, but just remember, you are getting what you pay for.

Slowing the tank down, there's two ways. One is to go with an 8 tooth pinion gear on the motor. Most Heng Longs have a 10 toother. Putting an 8 tooth pinion on gives you roughly a 20% speed drop but better power. I do not know if the Schumo gear down add on transmission will fit, but I think not due to space limitations. Perhaps the other lads can chime in on the various ratios of the aftermarket transmissions available for Heng Long.

Smokers for tanks are a personal choice. I will simply say that tank engines are like automobile engines. If it's smoking beyond startup there's a problem. There's plenty of vids out there showing all kinds of petrol tanks sans smoke. However, if you want a smoker, go for it. When you get your Heng Long, ditch the smoke fluid that comes with it and use Seuthe as you do in your LGB if you have smokers. It's cleaner, lasts longer and doesn't gum up the works.

Be forewarned. Just like with trains there is no such thing as 'just one locomotive', with tanks there ain't no such thing as 'one tank'.
Old 03-12-2013, 12:14 PM
TheBennyB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its been awhile since I've gotten to go to my buddies place in TN, but we did exactly what your looking to do. He also has alot of his loco's on 12V and r/c'd. The Heng Long Pz III or Stug work real nice
on 2 axel G scale flat beds.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw68158.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	69.1 KB
ID:	1861251   Click image for larger version

Name:	Je98821.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	1861252   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sx62059.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	1861253   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bv60815.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	66.4 KB
ID:	1861254  
Old 03-12-2013, 12:33 PM
Panther F

Aahhh... Willie and his trains!

~ Jeff
Old 03-12-2013, 01:05 PM
Pah co chu puk

Received 143 Likes on 93 Posts

A Shay loading a Pzk III on a flatbed. That's an odd sight!
Old 03-12-2013, 01:19 PM
FreakyDude

for my money when I want to build a tank I upgrade in order as follows 
Firstly buy the metal version with metal tracks, you can always buy low cost plastic later, upfront metal tracks are cheaper
Then a good radio and good electronics ( I sell the clark but check everything out then yoiu will buy a clark board )
Then 3 to 1 gears or as best as what is available for less than 100 bucks
Then gear motors
Then comes the paint and decals/stencils
By this time I am usually around 350 to 400 but it is every bit as good in my opinion as anything else
Old 03-19-2013, 10:01 AM
Stince

ORIGINAL: paintjockey

Tamiya models are nice but too much money for me to start. I devote most of my hobby money to my trains. The R/C truck is around to punish and let out frustration The tank will be just to play with....

The closest club I have found is 4 hours away so battleing isn't a real big deal for me. I'm just going to assault my train layout with it and roll it around the back yard.

<xml><officedocumentsettings><o:allowpng></o:allowpng></officedocumentsettings></xml>

PaintJockey,

The Can-Am Club is only 2 hours, if don’t mind crossing the border at Buffalo. Where located in Stevensville , Ontario.

We are always looking to add more Americans to the “Am” of Can-Am.

[IMG]http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/gg550/Stince74/Can-Am%20Nov%202012/IMG_1588.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/gg550/Stince74/Can-Am%20Nov%202012/IMG_1594.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/gg550/Stince74/Can-Am%20Nov%202012/IMG_1626.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/gg550/Stince74/Can-Am%20-%20May%202012/IMG_0490.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/gg550/Stince74/Can-Am%20-%20May%202012/IMG_0516.jpg[/IMG]

<xml><w:worddocument><w:view>Normal</w:view><w:zoom>0</w:zoom><w:trackmoves></w:trackmoves><w:trackformatting></w:trackformatting><wunctuationkerning></wunctuationkerning><w:validateagainstschemas></w:validateagainstschemas><w:saveifxmlinvalid>false</w:saveifxmlinvalid><w:ignoremixedcontent>false</w:ignoremixedcontent><w:alwaysshowplaceholdertext>false</w:alwaysshowplaceholdertext><w:donotpromoteqf></w:donotpromoteqf><w:lidthemeother>EN-US</w:lidthemeother><w:lidthemeasian>X-NONE</w:lidthemeasian><w:lidthemecomplexscript>X-NONE</w:lidthemecomplexscript><w:compatibility><w:breakwrappedtables></w:breakwrappedtables><w:snaptogridincell></w:snaptogridincell><w:wraptextwithpunct></w:wraptextwithpunct><w:useasianbreakrules></w:useasianbreakrules><w:dontgrowautofit></w:dontgrowautofit><w:splitpgbreakandparamark></w:splitpgbreakandparamark><w:enableopentypekerning></w:enableopentypekerning><w:dontflipmirrorindents></w:dontflipmirrorindents><wverridetablestylehps></wverridetablestylehps></w:compatibility><m:mathpr><m:mathfont m:val="Cambria Math"></m:mathfont><m:brkbin m:val="before"></m:brkbin><m:brkbinsub m:val=""></m:brkbinsub><m:smallfrac m:val="off"></m:smallfrac><m:dispdef></m:dispdef><m:lmargin m:val="0"></m:lmargin><m:rmargin m:val="0"></m:rmargin><m:defjc m:val="centerGroup"></m:defjc><m:wrapindent m:val="1440"></m:wrapindent><m:intlim m:val="subSup"></m:intlim><m:narylim m:val="undOvr"></m:narylim></m:mathpr></w:worddocument></xml><xml><w:latentstyles deflockedstate="false" defunhidewhenused="true" defsemihidden="true" defqformat="false" defpriority="99" latentstylecount="267"><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="0" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" qformat="true" name="Normal"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="9" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" qformat="true" name="heading 1"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="9" qformat="true" name="heading 2"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="9" qformat="true" name="heading 3"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="9" qformat="true" name="heading 4"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="9" qformat="true" name="heading 5"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="9" qformat="true" name="heading 6"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="9" qformat="true" name="heading 7"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="9" qformat="true" name="heading 8"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="9" qformat="true" name="heading 9"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="39" name="toc 1"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="39" name="toc 2"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="39" name="toc 3"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="39" name="toc 4"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="39" name="toc 5"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="39" name="toc 6"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="39" name="toc 7"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="39" name="toc 8"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="39" name="toc 9"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="35" qformat="true" name="caption"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="10" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" qformat="true" name="Title"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="1" name="Default Paragraph Font"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="11" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" qformat="true" name="Subtitle"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="22" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" qformat="true" name="Strong"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="20" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" qformat="true" name="Emphasis"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="59" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Table Grid"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Placeholder Text"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="1" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" qformat="true" name="No Spacing"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="60" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Light Shading"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="61" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Light List"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="62" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Light Grid"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="63" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium Shading 1"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="64" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium Shading 2"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="65" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium List 1"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="66" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium List 2"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="67" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium Grid 1"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="68" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium Grid 2"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="69" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium Grid 3"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="70" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Dark List"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="71" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Colorful Shading"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="72" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Colorful List"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="73" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Colorful Grid"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="60" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Light Shading Accent 1"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="61" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Light List Accent 1"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="62" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Light Grid Accent 1"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="63" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="64" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="65" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Revision"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="34" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" qformat="true" name="List Paragraph"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="29" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" qformat="true" name="Quote"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="30" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" qformat="true" name="Intense Quote"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="66" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="67" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="68" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="69" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="70" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Dark List Accent 1"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="71" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="72" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Colorful List Accent 1"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="73" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="60" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Light Shading Accent 2"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="61" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Light List Accent 2"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="62" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Light Grid Accent 2"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="63" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="64" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="65" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="66" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="67" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="68" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="69" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="70" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Dark List Accent 2"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="71" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="72" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Colorful List Accent 2"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="73" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="60" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Light Shading Accent 3"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="61" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Light List Accent 3"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="62" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Light Grid Accent 3"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="63" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="64" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="65" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="66" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="67" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="68" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="69" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="70" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Dark List Accent 3"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="71" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="72" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Colorful List Accent 3"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="73" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="60" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Light Shading Accent 4"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="61" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Light List Accent 4"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="62" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Light Grid Accent 4"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="63" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="64" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="65" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="66" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="67" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="68" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="69" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="70" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Dark List Accent 4"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="71" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="72" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Colorful List Accent 4"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="73" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="60" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Light Shading Accent 5"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="61" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Light List Accent 5"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="62" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Light Grid Accent 5"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="63" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="64" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="65" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="66" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="67" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="68" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="69" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="70" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Dark List Accent 5"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="71" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="72" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Colorful List Accent 5"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="73" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="60" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Light Shading Accent 6"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="61" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Light List Accent 6"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="62" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Light Grid Accent 6"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="63" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="64" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="65" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="66" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="67" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="68" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="69" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="70" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Dark List Accent 6"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="71" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="72" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Colorful List Accent 6"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="73" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="19" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" qformat="true" name="Subtle Emphasis"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="21" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" qformat="true" name="Intense Emphasis"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="31" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" qformat="true" name="Subtle Reference"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="32" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" qformat="true" name="Intense Reference"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="33" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" qformat="true" name="Book Title"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="37" name="Bibliography"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="39" qformat="true" name="TOC Heading"></w:lsdexception></w:latentstyles></xml><style type="text/css"> Style Definitions */table.MsoNormalTable{mso-style-name:"Table Normal";mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;mso-style-noshow:yes;mso-style-priority:99;mso-style-parent:"";mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;mso-para-margin-top:0in;mso-para-margin-right:0in;mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt;mso-para-margin-left:0in;line-height:115%;mso-pagination:widow-orphan;font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri;mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin;mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri;mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman";mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;}</style>

Edit: Not sure why the pictures are not show up, but they work if you cick on it.

Old 03-19-2013, 12:12 PM
paintjockey

Lol you think they'll let me cross the border with armament? I haven't got my tank yet and when i do I'll need to urgrade to the tamiya battle system so I can fight. After that I may take you up on your offer.
Thanks!
Terry
Old 03-19-2013, 01:00 PM
Jeff489
My Feedback: (12)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'd suggest that if it is possible, go to a battle day before you buy any IR tank equipment. 

Most clubs have more than one willing member who will happily loan one out to you. 

That way, you can see what works for IR battling before spending the money.