Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Bergepanzer Tiger (P)

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2013, 08:10 AM
DirtyBird69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bergepanzer Tiger (P)

Just ran into this Ferdinand/Elefant recovery vehicle...pretty neat. Wonder if recovery vehicles will ever be implemented into IR battling??

"Five Bergepanzer Tiger (P) armoured recovery vehicles were converted in Autumn 1943, using three from Tiger (P) prototypes and two more from battle-damaged Ferdinands not suitable for the Elefant modification. The conversion was completed in a similar manner to the Ferdinand self-propelled gun. The engines were mounted in the centre of the tank chassis, and a new superstructure was added at the rear. A ball-mount was provided for the sole armament, a 7.92mm MG34. Other than a small derrick crane, rams and timber beams, no special recovery equipment was fitted."
Old 03-15-2013, 08:41 AM
B.A.D.A.S.S.Force

Default RE: Bergepanzer Tiger (P)

ORIGINAL: DirtyBird69

Just ran into this Ferdinand/Elefant recovery vehicle...pretty neat. Wonder if recovery vehicles will ever be implemented into IR battling??
Quite a few electronic packages offer recovery mode now already, so I'd be pretty confident on guessing there has already been some groups around the world who have already tested or used recovery mode in their IR battles with some sort of recovery vehicle, like a Bergepanther, or at least some individuals holding their own private IR battles who have tried it during their own small battles.

Sooooo .... .... not much to wonder about "if" recovery vehicles will ever be implemented into IR battling, I believe it's more of a matter of just asking "when" will more groups / individuals be able to take advantage of the feature, & start using it in their IR battles .

~ Craig ~

Old 03-15-2013, 12:06 PM
manchu9inf

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

i developed a scenario for battle where the recovery vehicles were fitted with a TBS and the teams had to keep their recovery/support vehicle alive while trying to kill the enemy's. Which ever team killed the opposing recovery/support vehicle first won.
but a lack of built recovery/support vehicles with battle systems installed has prevented us from trying this particular scenario. I guess i will have to build my Panzer III BergePanzer or munitions Panzer pretty soon!
Old 03-15-2013, 01:01 PM
FreakyDude

To answer part of Badasses question of when repair vehicles will be used, I have a battle day on the 23rd that I hope to have this finished and introduced for, still a WIP so be kind with your comments

ORIGINAL: B.A.D.A.S.S.Force

ORIGINAL: DirtyBird69

Quite a few electronic packages offer recovery mode now already, so I'd be pretty confident on guessing there has already been some groups around the world who have already tested or used recovery mode in their IR battles with some sort of recovery vehicle, like a Bergepanther, or at least some individuals holding their own private IR battles who have tried it during their own small battles.

Sooooo .... .... not much to wonder about "if" recovery vehicles will ever be implemented into IR battling, I believe it's more of a matter of just asking "when" will more groups / individuals be able to take advantage of the feature, & start using it in their IR battles .

~ Craig ~

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv65398.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	108.0 KB
ID:	1862303   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rm36576.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	111.7 KB
ID:	1862304