Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Wanted : Tamiya Sensor

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2013, 12:57 AM
Strato50

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Wanted : Tamiya Sensor

...oh I hope this isn't against some rule, i haven't slept for a long time... bwahaha.

Looking for a used or nearly new Tamiya battle sensor for my KV-2. Local is good, Paypal is good

Tried out an Impact at today's meet, didn't fit at ALL (Clark base), Tamiya was perfect. PM me!
Old 03-24-2013, 01:42 AM
tomhugill

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts
Default RE: Wanted : Tamiya Sensor

Have you considered a dbu? Much cheaper and more readily avalible!
Old 03-24-2013, 11:54 AM
sassgrunt
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you just need the part that plugs into the base (the "apple" I think people call it)? -Mike

Sorry; didn't see the "pm me" note. PM sent.
Old 03-24-2013, 12:13 PM
Strato50

Thanks all for the replies!!
Old 03-24-2013, 12:53 PM
thecommander

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It is very rare to see a TBU apple for sale. We ahve a huge parts excahnge at Danville but apples are a rarity. The bases are sold separately as are the emitters and the holders. I have not seen Tamiya sell apples separately. Bases are about $30 at a AAF Tank Museum and the IR emitter about $10(?). Most guys keep one or two for spares. FYI....Impact apples and bases are NOT intrecangable with Tamiya. They look exactly the same but are of different proportions. The apple and base MUST match. The IR emitters are interchangable however.
Old 03-24-2013, 01:11 PM
B.A.D.A.S.S.Force

ORIGINAL: thecommander

It is very rare to see a TBU apple for sale. We ahve a huge parts excahnge at Danville but apples are a rarity. The bases are sold separately as are the emitters and the holders. I have not seen Tamiya sell apples separately. Bases are about $30 at a AAF Tank Museum and the IR emitter about $10(?). Most guys keep one or two for spares. FYI....Impact apples and bases are NOT intrecangable with Tamiya. They look exactly the same but are of different proportions. The apple and base MUST match. The IR emitters are interchangable however.
Correct, the apples & bases are slightly different, thanks to PantherF for the below photo of that difference showing the apples.
The left apple is Impact's, while the right is a Tamiya, & as one can see, they are similar but certainly not the same.

But dang, if the 5 pinout on them is the same for the direction the apple needs to connect to their respectives bases (I thought they were), they look SO close it almost seems like one could use a little blade, some cutting &/or regluing, & the Impact would fit a Tamiya base if that was all you had to use it with at the time.

I can't recall where either, but I thought I did read on some forum where the Tamiya apple will actually fit onto the Impact base, not perfectly, but well enough to use for battle? I could be absolutely wrong on that one though, so don't blast me for mentioning it

~ Craig ~

Old 03-24-2013, 01:19 PM
Ronan87

I don't want to thread jack but where so people buy the impact apples or the DBU?

Only thing I'm missing to go battle...
Old 03-24-2013, 01:47 PM
tomhugill

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Mitosal.com or sometimes on eBay!
Old 03-24-2013, 05:19 PM
Strato50

ORIGINAL: thecommander

I learned that at our meet on Saturday :P Impact apples will not fit on the Clark bases that are sold, only Tamiya do
Old 03-24-2013, 05:27 PM
no12skyline

I think the eBay apples are quite reasonably priced
Old 03-25-2013, 06:13 AM
hulu

Strato, Tamiya Apple may be more expensive then your TK20...
It maybe a good idea to use DBU apple. what you need do is re-create a connector.

Old 03-25-2013, 07:10 AM
Strato50

I've got a spare one in the mail already, problem solved :P

Thank for you all the info though, I will consider DBU / etc for the future.