Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

very very new to the R/C tank world

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

very very new to the R/C tank world

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2013, 03:16 PM
Goober Mcfugnasty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default very very new to the R/C tank world

just wanted to say I have never done anything like this before I am not very computer savy or when it comes to R/C. But am very excited my son turned 10 on march 27th & I got him a heng long panzer3 but I ordered a tiger1 but thats ok he likes it anyway. I have been reading some of the post here before I joined. And it seems like the people are very helpful here. So i had a question of my own I was looking up upgrade parts for the panzer & came across tankarmy.com an austrailian company that deals heng long upgrades & parts has anyone here heard of them. And are they a reliable company cause so far they have the best selection I have seen for just about everything I want or need. So if anyone can tell me this that would be great. thank you from the new guy. lol

Old 04-01-2013, 03:17 PM
Goober Mcfugnasty

Default RE: very very new to the R/C tank world

Old 04-01-2013, 03:50 PM
Ronan87

I'm a BIG fan of www.welshdragonmodels.co.uk/

Prices are good, shipping is VERY fast to North America.
Old 04-01-2013, 04:11 PM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

I second Welsh Dragon Models.

I have bought A LOT of things from him and never had a bad deal.

~ Jeff
Old 04-01-2013, 04:41 PM
Buckeye36
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here are a few:

Welsh dragon

RCTank.de

Mato
Old 04-01-2013, 05:16 PM
B.A.D.A.S.S.Force

Goober, you will get a few responses to buy from this or that specific vendor from the different members here, because several vendors have been used a lot by RCU members & have definitely shown to be reliable, trustworthy vendors to deal with, but to actually give an answer to the specific question you asked, my answer would be a yes, I have heard of TankArmy.com, but I have never purchased anything from them myself to offer a personal experience in dealing with them.

But since I did see their name brought up on various tank forums I have followed a lot over the past year or so, & I always like to have as many vendor references as possible, I have done the typical forum reading & Google research on them myself.

There doesn't seem to be a ton of information, reviews, or complete discussions just about TankArmy.com, but I have read posts on various forums with regards to TankArmy.com, on RCGroups (here), on ScaledTanksWorld (here), & on RCUniverse (here), as well as a few other forums, & to tell you the truth, I don't believe I have come across negative things to say about them at all, but quite a few posts & comments in support of them offering a good reliable service.

I would say if their prices (including shipping) is about the same as the pricing you could get by purchasing from one of the typically suggested other vendors which members here will chime in as their own favorites, then it might be preferable to just use on of these well known member suggested vendors instead, but if you can get the parts you need from TankArmy at a decent enough lower cost than anywhere else, then they don't seem like a huge risk to me in trying them out, & with what I have read about them so far, I would try them myself if I were getting parts & their pricing was definitely the best.

Good luck with which ever vendor you decide to go with for parts, but if you do choose to purchase from TankArmy, please be sure to post your experience with them here in the thread to let us know how it went, thanks!

~ Craig ~

Old 04-01-2013, 06:23 PM
modelbob71

I've seen their site and tried to order a pair of Pershing headlights several times, but their stupidlittle box to fill in my email address is too small
to hold it. Tried the "forgot your password" box a couple of times but theynever got back to me. Lots of great hard to find parts at good prices.
WishI could order some.
Old 04-01-2013, 07:34 PM
Ronan87

Don't forget http://www.shop.immortalhobbies.com/ for your tank/rc/clark board needs!
Old 04-01-2013, 07:49 PM
B.A.D.A.S.S.Force

ORIGINAL: modelbob71

I've seen their site and tried to order a pair of Pershing headlights several times, but their stupidlittle box to fill in my email address is too small
to hold it. Tried the "forgot your password" box a couple of times but theynever got back to me. Lots of great hard to find parts at good prices.
WishI could order some.
I registered an email address which was also way too long for their "stupid little box" used for filling in the email address . It's not that the box was actually too small, it's just that it doesn't auto expand as you type, & all the characters just shifted to the left out of sight in the front of the box as I typed in the email address. But I certainly added all of my long email address successfully in the confines of that small box, all the way to the end. If I hit the Home key while in the box, I could go back to the beginning of the email address & then even scroll right in the small box to scan over my entire entered address again.

So I just registered without issues to create a new account, & I could log in & out with the new account. Just to test the password reset feature, I logged out, then used their "Password Forgotten, Click Here" link, once again entered my long email address in their small box, clicked the Continue button, & within just a couple minutes received a new email from TankArmy, at the email address I registered, with a new password for my account. Logged back into my account using their new temp password, then successfully changed the password again.

I'm not sure what your issue is & why the site isn't working for you, maybe it's a browser issue, but it worked fine for me just a little while ago using Firefox 19.0.2.

However, the "Password Forgotten, Click Here" step is only an auto reply feature which works to automatically send you a new password if you successfully created an account with your valid email address at a prior time. If you did that, & it's just not working even when attempting to do it with different browsers, then you should email them using the information provided on their Contact Us page, at: [email protected], & see if they can resolve your login / password / ordering issues.

~ Craig ~